Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-08-21 17:08:25
  • Version: N5_VT-ECH121
Despite what the Vantrue website says the version number is for the "new" N5 firmware, the file downloaded is still the ECF211 firmware. I downloaded the file to my computer, copied it to the microSD card for my production N5 dash camera and installed the "update".

After the firmware installation, the firmware versions were displayed as:

1692685790062.png

I downloaded the "updated" firmware file again and checked the md5 checksum of the files and the file length. The md5 checksum of the ECF211 firmware file and the ECH121 firmware file matched.

1692685645029.png

The Android Vantrue app then prompted me that new firmware was available for the N5.

1692685464839.png 1692685567162.png

I allowed the Vantrue app to download the updated firmware files to my Android device and I then allowed the Vantrue app to transfer those files to the N5. After the front/rear firmware files were installed, the version info looked like this:

1692685548662.png

I allowed the Vantrue app to download the updated firmware files to my Android device and I then allowed the Vantrue app to transfer those files to the N5. After the front/rear firmware files were installed, the version info looked like this:
I did the same, but on my N5, the firmware version of the rear camera has not changed.

Before firmware
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-22 um 10.55.38.jpg

After firmware
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-22 um 10.55.53.jpg

I did the same, but on my N5, the firmware version of the rear camera has not changed.

Before firmware
View attachment 67011

After firmware
View attachment 67012
Strange that the Vantrue app didn't notice the rear camera firmware being out of date. The current method used by Vantrue to post firmware updates seems a bit problematic. I've reported my most recent N5 firmware update experience to my Vantrue contact by providing a link to my post in this thread.

My N5 firmware has just been updated, it's okay

The change log for the ECH121 front camera firmware has been posted on the website. Unfortunately, the downloaded file is still the older ECF211 front camera firmware file.

1692897171524.png

I've asked Vantrue, why there are no options to download the cabin or rear camera firmware files. There are updates to the rear firmware, but there's no way to download it from the website. You have to use the Vantrue app to update the other cameras' firmware.

I have been informed that the rear camera firmware/software updates for the N5 are posted in a different location on the Vantrue website. The N5 includes the RC-06 rear camera and the firmware/software updates for that camera are posted here:

https://vantrue.net/Support/flleDlist/p_id/260.html

1692978388608.png

I've sent a request to Vantrue to include a link to the rear camera firmware/software updates in the N5's page for firmware/software updates. A dash camera owner may not be aware (as I was not aware) that Vantrue posted the firmware/software updates for all of the modules involved in a dash camera product in separate locations.

so what are the latest versions?? i have
Front: VT-ECH121
Cabin: VT-ECD191
Rear: VT-ECF141

whats the change log? 1 item??

another note i must write, this is a MUST for next firmware update, a beeping sound constantly when there is no SD card in the camera.
i was driving around the last 2 days and went to pull out the SD card today for checking like i do every couple days, and it wasn't in there. it was still in my computer from couple days ago.
this is not really good enough, could have been an incident i needed footage for. luckily i have multiple cameras lined up on the window for such a thing.

1. Added Power Saving Mode and Quick Start Mode in Collision Detection.
Is this not enough?
I do not think that any of the manufacturers describe all the changes applied ...

The Android Vantrue app then prompted me that new firmware was available for the N5.
I haven't seen this prompt on the Iphone version of the app.
Did you do something specific to prompt the app to check for any updates?

Thanks.

I haven't seen this prompt on the Iphone version of the app.
Did you do something specific to prompt the app to check for any updates?

Thanks.
I just pulled out of the box one of my two N5 pre-production units. I connected the rear camera to the front camera using the provided USB cable. All four channels were functional.

I connected to the N5 using the Vantrue app on my iPhone and there was no prompt to update any firmware yet.

I exited the connection to the N5 and the Vantrue app then prompted me with this:

1693263309109.png

I clicked on the check button and it presented this info (which seems way off from the version info I expected to see available for update):

1693263482708.png

If I then exited to the main screen and clicked on "About" it presents this way of downloading the firmware updates:
1693263556127.png

Clicking on the "New" button brings you to the same screen where youc an choose to download the file(s). It seems a connection to the dash camera is necessary to kickstart the version check within the app with the firmware versions available from Vantrue.

I just pulled out of the box one of my two N5 pre-production units. I connected the rear camera to the front camera using the provided USB cable. All four channels were functional.

I connected to the N5 using the Vantrue app on my iPhone and there was no prompt to update any firmware yet.

I exited the connection to the N5 and the Vantrue app then prompted me with this:

View attachment 67131

I clicked on the check button and it presented this info (which seems way off from the version info I expected to see available for update):

View attachment 67132

If I then exited to the main screen and clicked on "About" it presents this way of downloading the firmware updates:
View attachment 67133

Clicking on the "New" button brings you to the same screen where youc an choose to download the file(s). It seems a connection to the dash camera is necessary to kickstart the version check within the app with the firmware versions available from Vantrue.
Thanks for the reply and screen shots.

The problem is I'm using the other version of the app! @Jeff_Vantrue
Which doesn't offer updates.

IMG_3863.png

It's a devil trying to reply using my iPhone.

I've downloaded the other version.
IMG_3864.jpg

Checking a little later i get the update prompt.

I'll add more in my next post

Attachments

• IMG_3865.png
    IMG_3865.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 3
Back