Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

anything Jokiin and Pier28 are involved in are normally pretty good quality.

yeah, i was really hoping Jokiin's cam would release by then. My cousin is visiting and want to send a cam with him.

Hey Guys, there is a small Time Sync bug in the G. We are finding that the time and date is not being automatically set via the GPS data. GPS speed/location would be logged, but your date and time would not auto-update as it should.
The good news is, there is a quick firmware update to correct this.

Here is the Beta firmware:
https://mega.co.nz/#!idZhWT6R!dD_eHPtbr3m2CUmK0vYBs42gcs7rUXGNK-2IKirYT1k
With this early release firmware, please note after the update, your G "about" page version will say 1.00.00 when it really is newer than the original shipped 1.00.03.
xCfozF8m.jpg

A final version will be released with the correct version number.
(no other enhancements are included at this time)

Here is a video on how to update the Panorama II
(which is the same procedure on the G, thanks @Niko)
Please be very careful, don't brick your G!
https://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Firmware
nwyrLo9l.jpg

EDIT: Be sure to off set your time zone by -1 since there is no automatic Day Light Savings.

Example, if you're in California (-08) set the time zone to -07
(until November, then change back)

Last edited:
Hey Guys, there is a small Time Sync bug in the G. We are finding that the time and date is not being automatically set via the GPS data. GPS speed/location would be logged, but your date and time would not auto-update as it should.
The good news is, there is a quick firmware update to correct this.

Here is the Beta firmware:
https://mega.co.nz/#!idZhWT6R!dD_eHPtbr3m2CUmK0vYBs42gcs7rUXGNK-2IKirYT1k
With this early release firmware, please note after the update, your G "about" page version will say 1.00.00 when it really is newer than the original shipped 1.00.03.

A final version will be released with the correct version number.
(no other enhancements are included at this time)

Here is a video on how to update the Panorama II
(which is the same procedure on the G, thanks @Niko)
Please be very careful, don't brick your G!
https://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Firmware

It's nice to hear this, even if it's from a retailer and not the manufacturer

We will have Jokiin's Street Guardian SG96650GM and SG96650GPS in stock next week.

I have a few questions, to help clarify whether or not I need to buy one ( IN RANDOM ORDER ). Or wait for something else? NB Some of these also apply to other dashcams
- what DB range is the hdr capable of?
- why cannot manufacturers specify the exact gain of the HDR/WDR of their sensor, as it applies to their camera? Rather than leave the potential customer google the sensor & hopefully arrive at the right answer? As it appears that the recorded movie, is not only dependent on the sensor, BUT more? importantly on the Firmware & associated Hardware's ability to produce the desired result. If this was done, then a manufacturer could reliably show that their particular implementation of this Hardware combination produces better movies than others.
- In this modern IT driven environment why isn't an OS of Mac or other supported?
- why is the limit on card size 32gb, rather than something larger?
- When will the gps data be able to be displayed embeded in the movie?
- Other than 1080p30 what other resolutions & frame rates & bit rates is it capable of?
- IF a user can select Exposure compensation: menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0. Why cannot this be done automatically to ensure optimal recording performance? NB This also applies to other dashcams. As I suspect that some do this already.
- Is the angle of the lens in relation to the body, changable? & if so over what range? Whilst the photos suggest this is possible, the specs don't mention it.
- what duration is each movie it creates?
- will a CPL filter & lens cap be available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pier28, I've been following this thread with great interest.

Can power to the unit only be supplied via the (5mm?? coaxial) port or can it be supplied via the micro USB on top of the unit?
I intend to hardwire power and splice into dimming rearview mirror or to fuse box, but seems finding an exact sized coaxial power cable would be difficult (other than the supplied one).

If the answer is that it can only be powered via coaxial power port, then:
1. What is the exact dimension of the plug/port?
2. What is the power input specs?
3. Do you sell extra power cords?

Thanks!

12 to 24 volt straight in, the plug is a 35135 (same as old Nokia plugs) quite common size

The micro USB is a service port, the camera won't work as intended if powered by USB

Hi Pier28, I've been following this thread with great interest.

Can power to the unit only be supplied via the (5mm?? coaxial) port or can it be supplied via the micro USB on top of the unit?
I intend to hardwire power and splice into dimming rearview mirror or to fuse box, but seems finding an exact sized coaxial power cable would be difficult (other than the supplied one).

If the answer is that it can only be powered via coaxial power port, then:
1. What is the exact dimension of the plug/port?
2. What is the power input specs?
3. Do you sell extra power cords?

Thanks!

Please note the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.

1)https://www.google.com/?q=nokia 35135#q=nokia 35135
35135 means the outside is 3.5mm and the pin is 1.35mm
7TgVDkQl.jpg

2) See Jokiin's response, 12-24 V straight in.

3) Yes, we are out of stock at the office but we have some in the Amazon FBA/Prime system ready to ship.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LMKRQVI(We'll get more to sell direct in a few weeks)

Last edited:
Hello, all.

Just registered :)

Also i just got the Panorama G in the mail today. Looking forward to see how it performs.
Quick question - is there an easy way to get notified when new firmware comes out? or do i just need to follow this thread?
Also, is there a way to disable the blue LED that lights up when the camera is on?

Thanks!

Hello, all.

Just registered :)

Also i just got the Panorama G in the mail today. Looking forward to see how it performs.
Quick question - is there an easy way to get notified when new firmware comes out? or do i just need to follow this thread?
Also, is there a way to disable the blue LED that lights up when the camera is on?

Thanks!

Thanks for your order, and welcome to the club! This thread is the best way for now. We just setup our new Magento powered website. There are powerful news letters / support notification plug-ins we will be exploring in the future. This way you can be notified for specific needs. I'll add the ability to turn off LED lights in future firmware updates, but no promises. A piece of black tape is the quick fix for now.

Thanks. The light doesn't bother me much, just wondering. it's a "nice to have"
If you'll have an option to sign up for a firmware updates notifications, let us know here :) on that note - (based on your experience) do you know when all the changes you requested might become available?

Thanks. The light doesn't bother me much, just wondering. it's a "nice to have"
If you'll have an option to sign up for a firmware updates notifications, let us know here :) on that note - (based on your experience) do you know when all the changes you requested might become available?

No ETA, the R&D cycles required to work on this would take away from the new X2 project (dual channel Panorama) Adding MPH & Daylight savings offset is for sure in the works already. I'll keep on them though, I want this to be the perfect product :)

Speaking of Amazon FBA/Prime (few posts back) The Panorama G is now available via Amazon Fulfillment https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LXRR7L4Rest assured even this inventory has been triple QA checked by me personally, and each one has the new improved suction cup mount.
(will still require new firmware though)

Last edited:
Back