2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

my experience formatting in camera on the x2:

i use two 128gb cards during the day.
i swap out with two 64gb cards overnight.
whenever i swap, i format the cards in camera.

been doing this since the launch of the x2 system and have not had any issues with files getting recorded or playing back on the computer.

im on the .15 firmware

if the person who presses inside the red box does not get the cam to shut off, is the camera properly connected to ACC and BATT and GROUND on the right terminals?

I guess maybe it's firmware specific? What version are you running? 1.00.15?
Yes i am running the shipped firmware 1.00.15.
And yes, all of the terminals are connected correctly, the camera goes in parking mode when the car is off and goes to driving mode when the car is on.

Last edited:
Sounds like one for Sungmoon there as really not sure why the behaviour is different on two cams with the same firmware?

Saying that are you just lightly tapping to stop and start recording as thinking about it I tend to hold the area for a second or so and it turns off pretty quickly with the Panorama logo and then stays off until you start the car (or it sees voltage over the ACC connection).

I have a few of questions I couldn't find answers to in this ever-growing thread. This device is the closest I've found to my requirements with the glaring exception being its apparent size.
  1. In the tread it's stated that this device is very tolerant of high heat, but the manual says:
    "Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight. If subjected to these conditions, allow the unit to cool down before operating."
    I live and park in a place with plenty of excessive heat and direct sunlight. I'm looking to replace a dashcam that couldn't handle the heat. So is this unit going to degrade in performance then fall apart in a year like my BlackVu did?
  2. What are the dimensions of the main unit and the mounting bracket?
  3. Can the G-sensor be turned on ONLY for parking mode? I don't want events during normal recording.
  4. How many components does this device share with the other Panorama models?

[QUOTE="reverend, post: 99359, member: 6408"
Saying that are you just lightly tapping to stop and start recording as thinking about it I tend to hold the area for a second or so and it turns off pretty quickly with the Panorama logo and then stays off until you start the car (or it sees voltage over the ACC connection).[/QUOTE]

One tap to wake it up and onther tap in the red box, like using a smartphone.

what flash memory cards are you using?

perhaps attempt to format on a computer first in fat32 (per specs in the manual) then format in camera.

I'm using the Transcend that came as a package. Tried format it in comp. and will put them back in the cam. So, what does it tell me if it works? It doesn't make sense if the cam cannot format the cards "correctly" to fit for use.

I have a few of questions I couldn't find answers to in this ever-growing thread. This device is the closest I've found to my requirements with the glaring exception being its apparent size.
  1. In the tread it's stated that this device is very tolerant of high heat, but the manual says:
    "Avoid placement AND use of the X2 in excessive heat or in direct sunlight. If subjected to these conditions, allow the unit to cool down before operating."
    I live and park in a place with plenty of excessive heat and direct sunlight. I'm looking to replace a dashcam that couldn't handle the heat. So is this unit going to degrade in performance then fall apart in a year like my BlackVu did?
  3. Can the G-sensor be turned on ONLY for parking mode? I don't want events during normal recording.

1. I think this is the factory being overly cautious, should be fine working great so far like the Panorama's before it. The Zoran CPU is very forgiving and has very low energy requirements. The memory card will fail before the DashCam does in heat.

2)
Rw3GdoNl.jpg

MORE - X2 dimensions photo album: http://imgur.com/a/tsq4A

3) Yes there are separate G-Sensor settings for driving and parking mode

4) Same Zoran CPU, next version of Exmor sensor (322 instead of 122) The improved X2 Lens Optics is less wide than that of the S/G for great detailer as well.

Last edited:
I had fun with the memory card messages too even after formatting cards in the pc to fat32.

First of all run them through h2testw to make sure they look ok on a PC.

To get around it try swapping the front and rear cards around and see if you can then format the card again as the front card. That sorted mine

So far a Samsung Evo card has been awkward as a rear card but a Sandisk card has been fine.

I think work is still being done around card compatibility - like Dionic90 says what brand and size are the cards?

As for that red rectangle mine always turns off if I press inside that red box - not sure if it does that for the rest of you though as it's supposed to stop and start recording.

Thanks. I'll try that. Swapping the cards are easy and hope it solves the problem.

As for the red box, it seems the auto-recording starts at a random time. Sometimes, right away and sometimes around 8 to 10 seconds. Is it suppose to be a random behavior?

I'm using the Transcend that came as a package. Tried format it in comp. and will put them back in the cam. So, what does it tell me if it works? It doesn't make sense if the cam cannot format the cards "correctly" to fit for use.

This is typical with almost all DashCam's at the moment. Great than 32GB cards should be manually formatted FAT32. Microsoft has a choke hold on the exFAT licensing, and other complications on SDHC vs SDXC. Sungmoon is working on having better "native" 64GB/128GB support in future firmwares. In the means time we recomend formatting all cards larger than 32GB to FAT32 if you are having problems. This has been the case on Panorama S and G as well.

If you using 64gb and above microsd cards, then it is not recommended to format inside unit, because it will format into exFat, which is not yet fully stable on X2. Yes, Pano X2 will work OK with exFat, but full stability is not guaranteed. Developer works on future firmware to have full stable exFat microsd cards working flawlessly.

My experience:
I tested in one slot 32gb and other slot 64gb, both formatted inside unit. 32gb formatted into Fat32 and 64gb formatted into exFat. Worked find for some time, normal rec., parking, etc., but some time there were strange little issues without any consistent pattern. After some test'n'try I realised it was caused by exFat memory card. After I formatted 64 into Fat32, - no more issues ! Maybe its same with yours ?

Best if you format 64gb on your PC to Fat32.

Use exFat to FAT32 SmartDisk Fat32 Format Formatter Tool Utility ( How to )

Thanks. Sorry I commented on a previous post before seeing your reply. I'll try your method too.

Yeah. I know what you are saying. In the manual, it also says stay away from magnetic objects but some of us are putting the CPL with magnet onto the unit directly.

Yeah. I know what you are saying. In the manual, it also says stay away from magnetic objects but some of us are putting the CPL with magnet onto the unit directly.

Magnets don't effect FlashMemory. The optional external GPS logger should be far enough away to be ok as well. (advantage of not having GPS built in, more accurate)

Magnets don't effect FlashMemory. The optional external GPS logger should be far enough away to be ok as well. (advantage of not having GPS built in, more accurate)

It's not the flash card I worried about. It's the electronics inside the unit and the quality of video being captured as magnetic strength does have an effect of how the light is being captured and turned into electronic signals right?

It's not the flash card I worried about. It's the electronics inside the unit and the quality of video being captured as magnetic strength does have an effect of how the light is being captured and turned into electronic signals right?

I'll let someone else chime in further, but my X2 testing with magnetic CPL is ok so far. My customers have been using magnetic CPL's on Panorama S and G all year no complaints so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the red box, it seems the auto-recording starts at a random time. Sometimes, right away and sometimes around 8 to 10 seconds. Is it suppose to be a random behavior?
I half wonder if it's maybe charging the caps when you turn on ACC - my G puts a logo of a charging cap on screen and then starts recording once it's full. Maybe this is why it's a bit random as I noticed the same.

To be honest I think some warnings in the manual are just there for the sake of it as bum covering exercises by the manufacturers - maybe it's worth removing a couple like this so they don't cause confusion?

I just ran into a problem this morning and hope some of you can help me out her.

I had the "battery" tap into the fuse together with a 10A "luggage light + keyless unit" in the fuse box; however, I started to have problems unlocking the car with the keyless fob. I had to stand within 2 feet with the car in order to unlock it. I guessed it had something to do with the wiring and now have changed to tap with the 7.5A "Power supply (battery).
I just found out parking mode doesn't work anymore. I used the multimeter and it gaves me 12.7V while the engine is not running; however, when I stop the engine, the X2 just shuts down.

I think its meant not just a magnetic, but more EMI ( electro magnetic interference ).

i can confirm when i press inside the red box, the unit does indeed turn off.

when i want to access other functions, i just tap the screen like i would do on the pano g and it would stop/pause recording. the GUI pops up and i can then select the cog (or the other items that populate on the screen) to access the menu.
Small note:

- when X2 is powered by ACC ( car engine runs ), then by clicking red-line box it will start / stop recording.

- when in parking mode ( when ACC is off ), then by clicking red-line box, unit turns off completely. This needed mostly for when want to remove a memory cards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back