2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I don't know the specifics of your vehicle, but

• I used a fuse tap and fitted it to the internal fusebox under the glovebox. A fuse tap creates a new circuit just by slotting an adapter into an existing fuse slot. (Think plug and play) A multimeter and $20 of parts, job done in 5 mins.
  • GPS will give you location and speed on your videos. If that's useful for proving who/when/where/why then yes. Personally I wouldn't have a camera without it. You only have to see videos where people comment "oh you were going too fast/slow" to see how a measured calculation of distance over time doesn't cross the mind of a layperson/insurer.
  • Class 10 are not overkill. I'd look a Ultra High Speed Class 1 instead x300 premium or x600 ultimate - pier28 sells these.

Thanks! The fuse box is at the rear end of the car. It is probably more the work of hiding the cable under the head liner.

I finally got round to covering up my X2 in matte black vinyl wrap.
This is what the product looks like:
f51ab630b38c34143f9f40181c55d9b9.jpg

This is how the camera now looks in my car. I personally think it blends in really well with the rear view mirror. I had also removed the white lettering with nail polish remover when I first got it, but you shouldn't do this as it will void your warranty. I also removed and spray painted the mounts with a matte black spray.
886840381ec23b73f3bb603ca39de946.jpg

a1c7d04c4e6aec84f3feb27d8cc64608.jpg

9b6cf08eadbbffb2340fbabfb4d88b9d.jpg

Nice, as long as it holds up in the heat better than electrical tape. You know how goo'y electrical tape can get. Does it have a friendly stick glue base to remove later if needed?
Every time I get in and out of the car I touch the sides where it's covering the heat sink just to make sure it's ok. Its a tiny tiny bit warmer than it was without it on, but I'm talking a negligible amount here.
This wrap is the removable kind which leaves no residue at all. I managed to pull it off and put it back down again to make sure I got stuff straight

Solutions like as black mate vinyl or electric tape can really affect the heat dissipation, as niko said at another post?

Solutions like as black mate vinyl or electric tape can really affect the heat dissipation, as niko said at another post?

I am not sure up to how "really" it can affect, but in theory covering a heatsink may affects a heat dissipation.

It's hovering between 0-2C at night here for the next two weeks and a high of 9C in the day - we're good for now :)

Summer is the biggest test - last summer temps of 25C outside were enough to kill my DOD LS460W & G90 focus and also to cause the Samoon 3H2F to shut down in battery protection mode while driving.

The X2 will just carry on nicely in all that but summer will be the acid test for wrapped models :)

Awesome, you're doing the heat stress testing there for the rest of us as if it survives NZ and Aus we know we're definitely safe :D

I can't wait for it to warm up here so we get some nicer dashcam footage - all the grey days are depressing!

Got a new fault today. Unit lockup and unresponsive whilst driving!

Got a new fault today. Unit lockup and unresponsive whilst driving!
Just reviewing the files to see what was going on.

12: 15:32 Started journey, A 2 minute normal recording
continues until .......

12:31:32 A 25 second manual event via activation on screen
12:31:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:33:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:35:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:37:57 A 46 second event via gsensor activation (sharp bends)
12:38:44 A 2 minute normal recording
12:40:44 A 2 minute normal recording
12:42:44 A 1 minute 21 second recording via gsensor activation (sharp bends)

Unit stopped recording and became completely unresponsive with nothing displaying on screen. It remained like this until....

13:04:19 Unit starts recording after power reset.

Return journey was fine

What potential issues will it cause? Lack of current draw? Short circuit possibility?
Cheers for the quick reply, sorry for my delayed response.

The 2 wire power S/G cord will physically plug into the 3 wire X2, but the X2 won't power up. I tried it. The whole purpose of 3 wire power is for parking mode operation.

The short answer is, Once the X2 is powered off, it won't power on again without both power sources active.

Just reviewing the files to see what was going on.

12: 15:32 Started journey, A 2 minute normal recording
continues until .......

12:31:32 A 25 second manual event via activation on screen
12:31:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:33:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:35:57 A 2 minute normal recording
12:37:57 A 46 second event via gsensor activation (sharp bends)
12:38:44 A 2 minute normal recording
12:40:44 A 2 minute normal recording
12:42:44 A 1 minute 21 second recording via gsensor activation (sharp bends)

Unit stopped recording and became completely unresponsive with nothing displaying on screen. It remained like this until....

13:04:19 Unit starts recording after power reset.

Return journey was fine

Did you turn Power Control to OFF? Have you formatted both cards since turning Power Control to OFF? Do you have Driving G-sensor set to Low?

Power control is off. Parking is set to 12 hours. Cards are regularly formatted and have been since any settings were changed. I can't recall if the gsensor is low or medium, but I'm happy with its sensitivity settings.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back