0906 public test - bug list in live

but the heat shut-down problem should have manifested during in-house testing, no?
If they were capable of successfully doing all the testing in-house then they wouldn't need us!

Here is a timelapse from my moonlight testing the other night. The background is a bit noisy, but it can see some star light unlike most video cameras. Also the lens reflections from the hugely over exposed moon are really good and there are no hot pixels :)

Last edited:
Okay i am back from my G-sensor sensitivity test drive, and while i did not drive the exact same route i have come to the following conclusion.

Low setting selected in the menu are clearly less sensitive to manhole covers and what not on my drive, so i do think the menus are correct set up regarding this.
But the values could all be tweaked to the less sensitive side.

Regarding satellite status, in there i only see like 4-5 satellites, i would expect to have seen more as i on my tablet or phone using them for navigation in my car see a lot more satellites in the sky.

If they were capable of successfully doing all the testing in-house then they wouldn't need us!

Of course they need us but if you do in house heat chamber testing how do you miss the temperature the camera shuts down at? If that temperature is normally encountered in an average motor vehicle the problem should be anticipated.

The reason we have been charged with doing real world testing is to identify all the issues that can NOT be anticipated in-house!

Of course they need us but if you do in house heat chamber testing how do you miss the temperature the camera shuts down at? If that temperature is normally encountered in an average motor vehicle the problem should be anticipated.

The reason we have been charged with doing real world testing is to identify all the issues that can NOT be anticipated in-house!
There is probably no heat radiation from the sun in the heat chamber, the temperature at the temperature sensor in the processor is a result of the ambient temperature, the heat radiation from the sun, how much of the sun's heat radiation the car's windscreen reflects/absorbs, and the amount of heat generation inside the camera which probably increases when there is a complex moving road scene with lots of detail to encode into H264.

You do need some real world testing.

Where we live now it's speed hump city, you literally can't leave the house without going over at least 5 of the bloody things that all trigger gsensor alerts on the 0906 - it's that bad the car snapped a suspension spring recently :/

It's definitely on the sensitive side as you guys say, you can see from some of my previous screenshots there are lots of locked files in there.

Are you all having the issues with last files not being saved?

Mine is terrible from that point of view and they're the most important files.

Fingers crossed the next we hear from Rayman will be a new firmware update which will help address the big things we've seen so far (other than focus) :)

There is probably no heat radiation from the sun in the heat chamber, the temperature at the temperature sensor in the processor is a result of the ambient temperature, the heat radiation from the sun, how much of the sun's heat radiation the car's windscreen reflects/absorbs, and the amount of heat generation inside the camera which probably increases when there is a complex moving road scene with lots of detail to encode into H264.

You do need some real world testing.

Of course you need to do some real world testing but this sounds like nitpicking. Temperature levels are temperature levels regardless of how you evoke them. It could be a heat chamber, a heat gun, an infra-red heat lamp or sunshine inside the cab of an automobile (a de-facto heat chamber) along with heat generated by the chip-set but when the camera's sensor reaches a preset temperature it is designed to shut down. The chip-sets have known heat specs provided by the manufacturer as well so it is not like a camera manufacturers wouldn't know what to anticipate.

This camera shuts down far too easily.

Last edited:

Yes. Basic operational/stress test (at the minimum) should be done in factory but lot of mfr are in hurry to release a product so may have missed things.

As for G-sensor, I haven't noticed too many files.
I'll double check today.

Yes. Basic operational/stress test should be done in factory but lot of mfr are in hurry to release a product so may have missed things.

That's the problem. Get the product out the door before it's clearly ready. This is what distinguishes a reliable high quality dash cam from some of the junk we see on GearBest, your patron.

Happily, @Rayman.Chan goes to the trouble of having guys like us doing this kind of testing even if things that should get caught before they go out the door don't get tagged.

Is the shutdown only when dual cameras are hooked up?
I've been using it for a week, just the front and it has never shut down.
I drive one hour each way to work.

It must be a nightmare for the manufacturers - they get something where they think the hardware is nailed and sent out to manufacturing and little glitches occur as a result of something they weren't expecting.

As a whole the 0906 has great promise - I guess from an outsider looking in they may panic when they see threads like this done in public but this is all the sort of stuff that needs hammering out and I guess it helps us all living in different areas of the world as it gives great test results and useful data which you normally don't get when all testing is done in one area.

Over the years most night dashcam videos done from slow moving cars in China at night time tend to look great, take those same cameras on dark country roads and you start to separate the men from the boys :)

It must be a nightmare for the manufacturers - they get something where they think the hardware is nailed and sent out to manufacturing and little glitches occur as a result of something they weren't expecting.

As a whole the 0906 has great promise - I guess from an outsider looking in they may panic when they see threads like this done in public but this is all the sort of stuff that needs hammering out and I guess it helps us all living in different areas of the world as it gives great test results and useful data which you normally don't get when all testing is done in one area.

Over the years most night dashcam videos done from slow moving cars in China at night time tend to look great, take those same cameras on dark country roads and you start to separate the men from the boys :)

Good post!

Last recorded file here are all good.

Yes shutdown are bad too, but i have not yet seen this myself.

It's sounding like I've got a faulty unit if it's just me seeing the camera turn off uncleanly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This camera shuts down far too easily.
How do you know that it is shutting down due to heat?

The only times I've seen it shutdown incorrectly were due to power supply glitches...

The only times I've seen it shutdown incorrectly were due to power supply glitches...

Fair question. I guess because of the reports of shutdowns when the camera exceeds certain temperature limits. This camera is unique in that it has a temperature read-out and the implication so far is that there is a thermistor that is set to a pre-set cut-off temp. So far the power supply for this camera seems to be of good quality and reliable. But you make a good point and all possibilities should be explored.

@kamkar1 didn't you sort of melt your camera testing for the heat issue? What happened?, I don't recall off-hand. I would look for your posts but I need to leave for the rest of the afternoon.

I just wanted to heat up the camera and then focus it at a high temperature, so i put a hair dryer under it as it was hanging from the HDMI cable in my living room window.
But the hair dryer is a old one without a thermal safety i would assume, we have used the same dryer for decades to dry paint faster sp we can apply the next coating faster and be done with it.

So left with the 2 PCB bords was one half shell ( the front part with the MIC ) and then the ring that is the part of the horizontal adjustment.
Both "trapped" on the camera due to wires i dident wanted to mess with, so i just sort of hanged them loosly on the PCB assembly, and so they was actually longer from the hair dryer than the most of the PCB assembly, but not far enough it seemed.
The camera was also recording while this whent on, and i was on the PC keybord so i dident see the camera shut down.
So i turned off the hair dryer for a little while, restarted camera with a 68 Degree reading in the LCD, turned on the dryer again and then focused a few minutes later.
(at the time of focusing i had not noticed the plastics warping, that i first saw when i was putting it back together )
Both pieces of plastic warped some, mostly the big half part warped so bad i had to cut some of it off to assembly the camera again, but the outer ring the spring loaded steel ball click into also warped a little bit.

You can better see it on the full 12 MP picture, not much but just in the reflected flash light you can see the plastic are a little warped, and its actually worse other places but that dident come thru in this picture.
IMG_20170511_172431.jpg

I think i can replace the front half shell with the same fron the 0608, but not something i have planned to do now where beating on this seem more important, and the camera are fully functional, but are now sagging a little in the "hinge"

Last edited:

I don't. But that it's my best guess when I see the temperature hit 73C, its shutting down each time and it been doing it for more than 25 times over multi days. My A119s sitting on the same power splitter, so its not the power problem. The temperature switch btw. 72 / 73 and then shutdown.

Last edited:
Back