2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Hello everyone! My X2 stops recording if i press inside the red box and doesnt turn off!
U probably clicking on red-line box when X2 is in parking mode ( ACC is Off ), right ?, - this is normal and it should work like this.

When ACC is On ( car engine running ), then by clicking red-line box you can start / stop recording.

Try and confirm back if it worked for you.

U probably clicking on red-line box when X2 is in parking mode ( ACC is Off ), right ?, - this is normal and it should work like this.

When ACC is On ( car engine running ), then by clicking red-line box you can start / stop recording.

Try and confirm back if it worked for you.
Yes, in either mode the red box only starts or stops recording but doesnt turn the camera off as was reported earlier.
Edit
Wow, i apologize, the camera did turn off in parking mode after pressing in the red box, but i swear las time i checked it didnt do that, this is why i posted my result.

I think its meant not just a magnetic, but more EMI ( electro magnetic interference ).
I think its meant not just a magnetic, but more EMI ( electro magnetic interference ).

I'm just using my imagination / knowledge here but there is EMI even when there is no current flowing through the magnet on the CPL ring?

1. I think this is the factory being overly cautious, should be fine working great so far like the Panorama's before it. The Zoran CPU is very forgiving and has very low energy requirements. The memory card will fail before the DashCam does in heat.
,H
2)

3) Yes there are separate G-Sensor settings for driving and parking mode

4) Same Zoran CPU, next version of Exmor sensor (322 instead of 122) The improved X2 Lens Optics is less wide than that of the S/G for great detailer as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm just being cautious because this thread reminds me of the one that prompted me to purchase the BlackVu. Everyone that was raving how awesome it was were back on the forum 6 months later complaining about poor quality or dead units. That said, the prior Panorama models have a good track record from what I see, which is comforting.

More questions about the dimensions: What are the full (L,W,H) of the unit itself. Also, if it's not too much trouble, what the width, from the back of the unit to the front-most part of the mount when the mount is at a 65° angle (the angle of my front window). I'm trying to determine if this will fit behind my rear view mirror or not.

Thanks!

Which FW u running ?
I just ried it again and the camera did turn off in the parking mode after tapping the red box! I swear this didnt happen the firts time i tried it, this is why i posted my result! I am running .15 fw

I just ried it again and the camera did turn off in the parking mode after tapping the red box! I swear this didnt happen the firts time i tried it, this is why i posted my result! I am running .15 fw
No probl. Many things goes trough test'n'try ;)

Thanks for the info. I'm just being cautious because this thread reminds me of the one that prompted me to purchase the BlackVu. Everyone that was raving how awesome it was were back on the forum 6 months later complaining about poor quality or dead units. That said, the prior Panorama models have a good track record from what I see, which is comforting.

More questions about the dimensions: What are the full (L,W,H) of the unit itself. Also, if it's not too much trouble, what the width, from the back of the unit to the front-most part of the mount when the mount is at a 65° angle (the angle of my front window). I'm trying to determine if this will fit behind my rear view mirror or not.

Thanks!

Yes Panorama is "Best All Around" two years running! (2013/2014) Quality components, time tested & plenty of community support. I'm not a fan of BlackVu at all or we'd sell them.

Let me know if this helps:
http://imgur.com/a/tsq4A
(X2 dimensions photo album)

That's what I needed. Thanks again. Think I just might go with this one come next paycheck. The fact that the manufacturer is responsive to its customers and seems to be really good at releasing firmware updates says a lot.

Excellent welcome to the club soon we are all here to help everyone. (team effort)

this is one main reason why i ditched the other cams and am going exclusively with @Pier28 and Powerucc. The customer service can't be beat here in the US, plus being im on the same coast as Pier means quick shipping/returns/rma's.

Plus, im a sucker for supporting local businesses... :oops:;)

I'm just using my imagination / knowledge here but there is EMI even when there is no current flowing through the magnet on the CPL ring?
When a magnetic field is stationary as in the magnet attached to the camera lens, there is no EMI. EMI is created by a rapidly changing current in a wire, or a magnet moving at a high rate of speed near wires. Current does not flow through magnets. Current is induced in a wire when it moves through a magnetic field. So attaching a magnet to the lens will not cause problems. I hope this makes since.

What is the memory allocation for normal, event and parking modes?

I asked and was told: "60%, 20%,20%"
Do you think it will be possible to change that with future fw updates? And is event folder on loop recording as well as other folders? If not what are my options after it gets full besider formatting the memory card?

Does this do automatic parking mode? Reading the wiki for the old Pano, it says that you need to manually press a button for it to be in parking mode.

Where do you guys install the GPS logger?

I am trying to buy it as I am in Toronto. Where is the cheapest price? Anywhere I can get it installed to? I also want to buy a battery discharge kit. Which brand should I get or should I stick with the PANOBDP - Hard Wire Kit?

Does this do automatic parking mode? Reading the wiki for the old Pano, it says that you need to manually press a button for it to be in parking mode.

Where do you guys install the GPS logger?

I am trying to buy it as I am in Toronto. Where is the cheapest price? Anywhere I can get it installed to? I also want to buy a battery discharge kit. Which brand should I get or should I stick with the PANOBDP - Hard Wire Kit?

Parking mode is automatic and comes enabled by default. This is why you power it twice. Once to ACC (switched) and once to BAT+ (constant) and how it knows which mode to be in based on if the engine is running or not.

The hardwire kit and battery discharge prevention is built into the X2 which is one of the New revolutionary cool things.

Panorama S and G parking mode is automatic too once you turn on "motion detection", but a 3rd party hard wire kit PANOBDP is needed. Again this is built into the X2.

GPS logger is thin and small you can stick it at the top of the window parallel to the roof.

We can ship to Canada no problem.

Change the currency at the top to Canadian dollars. USPS first class is the most economical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parking mode is automatic and comes enabled by default. This is why you power it twice. Once to ACC (switched) and once to BAT+ (constant) and how it knows which mode to be in based on if the engine is running or not.

The hardwire kit and battery discharge prevention is built into the X2 which is one of the New revolutionary cool things.

Panorama S and G parking mode is automatic too once you turn on "motion detection", but a 3rd party hard wire kit PANOBDP is needed. Again this is built into the X2.

GPS logger is thin and small you can stick it at the top of the window parallel to the roof.

We can ship to Canada no problem.

https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams.html

Change the currency at the top to Canadian dollars. USPS first class is the most economical.
Thanks for the quick reply!

As much as the good support you provide to the community and as much as I want to buy from it, it may be more economical to buy from a Canada vendor as I don't have to pay extra shipping, taxes and duties. :(

Is it a MUST to format any SDXC cards to Fat32?

Because I did that, formatting a 64gb samsung card to Fat32 but both front & rear couldn't read the card at all, stating "please insert card" sign.

After back to exFAT, it's fine again o_O

Which 3rd party format app did you use? You can't use windows directly.

With Panorama S an G I tell customers using >32GB cards that if they have good results formatting the card inside the camera to carry on. If they experience problems I recommend FAT32.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back