3-wire power cable. Use as two wire with voltage protection

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, on my car I can’t find a switched fuse. Don’t ask. Let’s just move on.

Can I use the 3 wire line as follows. Battery+ to constant. ACC unhooked.

Will those provide me with low voltage protection?

I don’t care about parking mode. It can record continuously if needed.

All three wires must be hooked up. See page 3 and 8 here. http://bit.ly/HardwireManualEN
See page 9 for links that can help identify fuse circuits.

You might need to seek Profesional installation at your local car audio installer. They can splice in to find the right source direct as needed.

Thanks. Yeah. I’m just on site doing an install for a friend and one of his fuse boxes with switched power has a torx bolt. I don’t have the right size bit and I can’t get access to it. Fml.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah. I’m just on site doing an install for a friend and one if his fuse boxes with switched power has a torx bolt. I don’t have the right size but and I can’t get access to it..

Central Computer on Howard might have a small tool kit for sale. Or Center Hardware is in town on 3rd St.

I used to live in SF on 6th St for many years. (Flower Market Lofts)

Thanks. Yeah. I’m just on site doing an install for a friend and one of his fuse boxes with switched power has a torx bolt. I don’t have the right size bit and I can’t get access to it. Fml.
Try your flat screwdrivers, if one is the right width then it may easily undo a fusebox torx bolt.

If it;s not too tight, a close fitting smaller allen (hex) wrench can be held on an angle while twisting in an arc. Harbor Freight should have a store in SF and they sell cheap "Security Torx" bit sets for a few bucks which go up to T30 or T35 IIRC. They will fit standard Torx too. Not good for daily use but fine for a few odd jobs here and there.

Phil

Back