70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Any update on this? No one has the firmware of the english version with the english voice commands?
There is no firmware from the international version with English voice control

From what I see I am translating into Russian for them in 4Pda.ru ....
It hurts that I can not download anything from 4pda.ru to try to modify the language, in my case it would be for Spain in Spanish ... he tried several times to register but pufff is very complicated with the Russian captchad and I have read manuals how to try it but even so I could not get it
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=846196&view=findpost&p=72439962

I am the author of this post, this is an instruction how to assemble the firmware itself with its audio files (WAV).
You can record in your language and I will assemble for you the firmware.
WAV settings: total megabytes of records:1,5 Mb, 128 Kbps, 1 channel, Sampling rate: 8 000 Hz, Bit depth: 16 bits, pause at the end of each record: 250ms.

file custom_firmware.zip from your link:
disk.karelia.pro/e6Hr1mK
dropmefiles.com/XyMJk

There is no firmware from the international version with English voice control

I am the author of this post, this is an instruction how to assemble the firmware itself with its audio files (WAV).
You can record in your language and I will assemble for you the firmware.
WAV settings: total megabytes of records:1,5 Mb, 128 Kbps, 1 channel, Sampling rate: 8 000 Hz, Bit depth: 16 bits, pause at the end of each record: 250ms.

file custom_firmware.zip from your link:
disk.karelia.pro/e6Hr1mK
dropmefiles.com/XyMJk

Thank you very much .... for the file yesterday I finally got to register on page 4PDA.ru after many attempts in case I need some more.
Now if I need some more file I will be able to download it, I will go with the system to see if I can make it work in Spanish.

Any recommendations to create wav files in Spanish, I have seen this page ... ??

http://nuancevocalizerexpressive.sodels.com/

[QUOTE = "alcestneige, post: 401490, member: 47450"] ¿Alguna actualización sobre esto? Nadie tiene el firmware de la versión en inglés con los comandos de voz en inglés? [/ QUOTE]

From what I see I am translating into Russian for them in 4Pda.ru ....
It hurts that I can not download anything from 4pda.ru to try to modify the language, in my case it would be for Spain in Spanish ... he tried several times to register but pufff is very complicated with the Russian captchad and I have read manuals how to try it but even so I could not get it

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=846196&view=findpost&p=72439962

Greetings.

Here is the file custom_firmware.zip

lisabon_Q3

Nice work. Count me in as another happy customer for your 1.0.3 English firmware conversion. It worked perfectly.

OK, so here's an upgrade process for those of you who have a 32GB or larger SD card and wish to perform this upgrade
Windows will not natively reformat SD cards 32GB and higher to FAT32, which is what you need for this dashcam. If you reformat it in exFAT or NTFS, the dashcam wont be able to read it.
1) Use the dashcam to re-format the SD card. This will put the correct FAT32 partition on it regardless of size
2) Insert it into your PC and delete out all of the contents of the SD Card.
3) Drop the upgrade file onto the empty card.
4) Insert the card into the Dash cam, it'll say something in Chinese and the Blue light will flash while the upgrade takes place.
5) When the blue light stops blinking, pull the power from the dashcam, wait 10 seconds then reinsert so it powers up. You should now get an error (in English!) stating the SD card needs formatting.
6) Press the Power button 3 times to format the card.
7) Reconnect to the dashcam using the app on your phone/tablet and set up again. Many of the settings will have gone back to the defaults including the Wifi password
8) Login to the forums and thank lisabon_Q3 for his/her work.

Last edited:
By following INSGDT's instructions I have now instead of Chinese version but Russian version.... So custom_firmware.zip contains Russian version. How to get real English version ?

By following INSGDT's instructions I have now instead of Chinese version but Russian version.... So custom_firmware.zip contains Russian version. How to get real English version ?

You've downloaded the wrong customised firmware. Look in post #56 in this thread for the English customised firmware.

custom_firmware.zip not contains Russian version. English version here

custom_firmware.zip not contains Russian version. English version here
Post #83 contains Russian version. I installed that. Does voice command also work on post #87 version ? But I will install that, thank you.

Joined the forum to say thanks to lisabon_Q3 as my cam is now in english, one question though. Is it possible to change the download directory so the files will be stored on the micro sd card in my phone instead of on the phone itself? I have a galaxy s5 & am not technically minded & really appreciated the simple how to on post 84

Another Successful update from Chinese to English here.
Thanks everyone for all the help!

Having trouble with iphone X connecting to camera. WIFI connection to 70mai successful but when open the app, it remains in "Connecting" state and I cannot see any recordings. I have seen recordings successfully but it is possible I was using an iphone 6 at the time. Any suggestions would be helpful

Having trouble with iphone X connecting to camera. WIFI connection to 70mai successful but when open the app, it remains in "Connecting" state and I cannot see any recordings. I have seen recordings successfully but it is possible I was using an iphone 6 at the time. Any suggestions would be helpful

update: if you turn off antenna network, it seems to connect fine. Seems to be isolated to iphone X.

Am I right, the modification is only talkback of the camera in English instead of Chinese? So is there not English voice control? Nice work, but i feel a bit useless... Anyway thanks, if I install this custom fw, Chinese voice control is available after the install? This is important, because sometimes I can activate functions by the Chinese commands. Is there any chance in the future for a custom or official fw with English voice control?

Yep.
But once you do the mood you loose the voice commands.
So in order to make sure it locks files, you have to crash you car. You could fake it and slap the camera with your hand, but that might not be hard enough. :))

Thanks mate,
Does it support English voice commands or just 'talk' English

I've updated but my app still says that its 1.0.3
any idea?

...and i guess I've bricked it .... wont power on at all, tried reset button, nothing...
when connected to PC, its showing up as some USB device

Any help appreciated
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks mate,
Does it support English voice commands or just 'talk' English
only talk English

I've updated but my app still says that its 1.0.3
any idea?
Which application are you using? A new firmware showed me the application from this site: https://www.70mai.com/download/.
And how is this even possible if your device does not turn on?

...and i guess I've bricked it .... wont power on at all, tried reset button, nothing...
when connected to PC, its showing up as some USB device
What was the power source? The firmware process than completed, blinking blue diode?

I've used my Samsung phone charger which is strong enough to power it on and yes, I was waiting for update to complete. As my app was playing weird, reinstalled it and tried to reset the dashcam as app was disconnecting. After reset won't power up at all

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the modded firmware lisabon_Q3 - have used the English 1.04 firmware above and it works fantastic.

Back