Before you buy a camera take the temperature in you car, a day there is hot and you know what temperature a camera should handle.
You can check this link here, I put together the official max temperature for the camera. Take time to a look on the DCT and see which camera people have good experiences with, go low budget in high temperature could be expensive. You might also want to buy from a place there give good support and have a good reputation. I might cost a little extra for that service.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ration-temperature-by-official-webpage.13542/

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a good tint on the windows and that will help keep it cooler inside, though you'd still need to keep the front camera out of direct sunlight.

One advantage of the Mobius is it uses standard 'tripod' threaded mounts, 1/4x20.
You can find a lot of inexpensive mounts on ebay, amazon, etc. (US $4.00 or so)
You don't have to buy a 'mobius' specific suction cup mount. :)

Suction cup mounts work OK, if you clean the windscreen, dampen the the suction cup a little before you apply it to the glass, and they should have a tension lever of some sort.
I've been using suction cup type mounts in a truck for 7-8 years, for a large GPS, satellite radio, action cams, smart phones, dashcams.

Yes, they come loose at times,usually after a month or so, a little quicker in summer if the windshield gets hot. They're a temporary mount but will stick on there weeks or months if you do it right. It's annoying, but nothing breaks if they come off. :)

I could also go with this tape mount (https://www.ebay.com/itm/161054762107) as it seems much simpler and cheaper than the mount MiiHere mentioned. Could also buy the suction cup to see which one goes better, i believe the tape mount you can't take it from the windshield anymore once you put it? I mean, the suction cup coming loose.... not much of an issue as long as i'm unlucky enough for it to come loose in the exact same moment of an accident xD

Get a good tint on the windows and that will help keep it cooler inside, though you'd still need to keep the front camera out of direct sunlight.

I was thinking in that, but i can't tint the front windshield. Perhaps a using "windshield protector" (is that how you call it in English?) while parked in the sun as an extra precaution might work? Like this one?

Attachments

• windshield protect.jpg
    windshield protect.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
I could also go with this tape mount (https://www.ebay.com/itm/161054762107) as it seems much simpler and cheaper than the mount MiiHere mentioned. Could also buy the suction cup to see which one goes better, i believe the tape mount you can't take it from the windshield anymore once you put it? I mean, the suction cup coming loose.... not much of an issue as long as i'm unlucky enough for it to come loose in the exact same moment of an accident xD

My issue with that style is for me personally I want the option to easily remove the cam. With that style you'd have to unscrew it and then also put it back at the right position. Though it is a good option if you just want to "set it and forget it" and at a good price.

I was thinking in that, but i can't tint the front windshield. Perhaps a using "windshield protector" (is that how you call it in English?) while parked in the sun as an extra precaution might work? Like this one?

That's also a great option to keep it out of direct sunlight.

I live in Brazil, where the temperatures are 20 ~39 C in summer. I have a mini 0803 and a g1w one year ago and both are working well ( sometimes 0803 stops, but l think is a defect this model). I want to buy a street Guardian (SG96650 with capacitor), but in this moment the U$ here is very high.

It's not that hard to unscrew the Mobius from that mount, and probably quicker than trying to release it from the cradle. :)
You'll get an idea of what the proper position is for the camera after using it for a few days, and will be able to position it correctly by guessing.

Thats the #1 thing about wide angle lenses, you have to be really anal or have really bad eyeballing skills to line it up in a way that will render the footage more useless than anything else.

I can think of three in Canada off the top of my head?!

Please try to get the Lukas dash cam. The Lukas has no problem on overheat like the other brands.
Search my user name in google and you will know our company is the sole distributor of the Lukas dash cam.
We have 16 dealerships in Vancouver now such as BMW, Audi, Porsche, Lexus and Infiniti

Which Lukas model specifically? How much is it worth? Is it discreet? I was just about to order the mobius (with all accesories i need and capacitor) for 97.15, however UPS had the brilliant idea of changing my courrier's address in Miami, i've already changed it in PayPal, Ebay, etc. But not in the Bank, as they want my father to go personally to fill out some dumb form for it..... (when he first gave them the old address he just had to send an e-mail!). Just yesterday night some creepy old man in an SUV attempted to road rage at me, i was driving towards a road that leads to my neighborhood, but there are some bussinesses around it and people park in both sides of the road, hence only 1 car fits. I had to yield to almost 10 cars and when i finally got in i faced front to front to the SUV, he didn't move over to his right (he had about the space of 2 cars on his side!), instead he decided to get out and start screaming who-knows-what at me. After a few seconds he got back inside and moved over, but this guy was looking for problems on the road. Pity i decided not to join his game :)

Last edited:
Which Lukas model specifically? How much is it worth? Is it discreet?...
Do your own research independent of what a specific retailer might say. There are some retailers who will claim that that a certain brand is the only one/best one to suit your needs - no matter what your needs are.

If you look into the matter a bit deeper you will see that they only sell that one brand they claim is the best fit for everyone's needs - makes you question their objectivity.

Do your own research independent of what a specific retailer might say. There are some retailers who will claim that that a certain brand is the only one/best one to suit your needs - no matter what your needs are.

If you look into the matter a bit deeper you will see that they only sell that one brand they claim is the best fit for everyone's needs - makes you question their objectivity.

I see. I really appreciate your advice. It only took me a few clicks to realize their models exceed by too much my budget and aren't that discreet at all..... I can't consider them as an option even if i wanted to.

there's nothing objective when every single post states the same stuff and is just a loosely disguised advertisement

Agreed, they could at least try to be helpful first and maybe hint at their product rather then drop some copy paste bomb on multiple threads.

Hi everyone. I thank you all for all the feedback and helping me make my decision. I've ordered the Mobius. However, it won't be here at least until November. I'll tell you guys more about it as soon as it arrives :)

Hi everyone! The camera just arrived. Apparently the delivery estimate gave extra days. I still don't have the capacitor, though, but i have installed the parameters with the mSetup thing and i made a test today with the camera. It's smaller than what i thought, pretty impressive...

Back