A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

very weird. i wonder if maybe somehow your firmware has glitched and needs to be reflashed, or even just use the little reset button on the side. mine seems to be pretty consistent about flashing the led only while recording. then again i haven't yet filled up the card, nor have i used it on any long trips. most of our regular driving is around town with occasional interstate stuff here and there but rarely more than 200 miles at a time.

I just received my A118 and tried it out. One issue I found is the high pitched frequency that's in the audio recording... does anyone know why that would be?

All Novatek based cameras have a bit of background noise in the audio, some more noticeable than others, it's particularly noticeable if there's no other noise going in

Damn, that's disappointing. It hurts my ears it's so high pitched.

if it's alternator whine, you may want to try giving it power from somewhere else, somewhere with a cleaner supply. if it makes the whine even with power disconnected you may have a bad unit.

On my brother's cam, which uses a sandisk class 10 card, about a third of the files do not play. It takes as much room as the working videos too. Is this a card problem?

Here are some more sample videos I just posted to youtube.

Night video with no streetlights in two sections: (mostly since the only "night" footage i'd seen on here was in a city with lots of lights or in a well-lit tunnel)

Daytime video... where the camera fell off the glass and came to rest against the back of the rearview mirror part way through. this was my own fault - i put the mount on the glass and immediately put on the camera instead of leaving the mount to cure for a day to make sure it really stuck. now that i did that, it is rock solid.

I've ordered one of these from Foxoffer on eBay to stick in the back after seeing lots of positive comments - they're a bargain :) I need to check out some alternative G90 mounts too so I can see which I prefer :)

I've ordered one of these from Foxoffer on eBay to stick in the back after seeing lots of positive comments - they're a bargain :) I need to check out some alternative G90 mounts too so I can see which I prefer :)

Hi.. Did you purchase through ebay uk, if yes would you mind providing the link.. Cheers

Hi, no worries - it was the following I ordered:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121387416455
@billknow at Foxoffer is very good and I can recommend :)

Thanks for the info... Gonna order one of these...

Did buy the Transcend Drivepro 2oo but its just to obvious in the car and want something that can be left in place and not removed daily for fear of theft!!! So have returned it to Amazon....

I did the same mate and returned the Transcend as it was too sensitive to bumps with my suspension!

Hello everybody ! Reverend , now when I have decided to buy a Transcend DP 200 , I hear about problems with it . If the form factory do not disturb me , your observation about ,, sensitivity to bumps ,, concerns . Is G sensor culprit problem ? How about video quality ? Thank you

To be honest the Transcend was the first cam I bought and I sent it back because it couldn't read numberplates at night with xenon headlights - which it turns out ten cams later is a common fault across all of them (and actually the night quality was good) and also because of the vibrations, which you can fix with a standard LS300W type mount. If you car isn't a hard suspension you probably won't ever notice the latter! Price wise it was good and the lens should hold up fine in hot weather which a lot of cams I've tried since can't handle!

I'm still looking for my perfect dash cam :)

Hey everyone. Long time reader, first time poster!

I bought this camera after reading through this forum and on the recommendation of others. However, I'm having an issue that I can't seem to find anywhere else: my camera never stops recording, even after the vehicle is turned off. I have waited 20 minutes and it will continue to record.

I have a 2013 Ford Focus (North American model) and my only thought is that I am using a 12V power outlet (car lighter style, but not an actual lighter) that receives constant power from the battery even when the ignition is off. Does the camera automatically sense when power stops (in a normal car through the lighter) and then shut off that way? Because in my case the power never stops through the outlet. Does anyone know of a solution to this? I'd prefer not to have to always unplug the camera every time I leave the car.

I appreciate any help anyone can give!

Here is a photo of the type of outlet I am talking about:

2012-ford-focus-se-sedan-12-volt-power-outlet-and-heated-seat-controls-photo-408394-s-1280x782.jpg

yup ford is one of the few makers who still gives you a lighter/12v socket that's live all the time. great way to drain the car battery.

you may want to look into getting a hardwire kit and connect it to some circuit that's key-switched, such as your power window circuit. that's what i did in my wife's toyota van, even though the 12v outlets are key-switched in a toyota. i just didn't want any wires visible, and wanted to leave the sockets free to plug in phone chargers and stuff.

either that or rewire your socket using a relay so that it WILL cut power when you turn off the key.

Ugh, that sucks. I mean obviously unplugging it isn't a huge deal, and I don't plan to have the motion sensor thing on anyway. But if I lend my car to someone else or have work done I want to make sure the person hasn't been driving it crazy (or driving it at all in the case of a mechanic!).

I've never done any electrical work in my life, how hard is it to wire it in right to the panel?

Back