A118C New firmware A118.20160130

Yes of course. Because, if i dont take off sd card re-update camera again.

I solved the problem. How? When it stays on welcome screen, I push the "rec" button and wait during 15-20 seconds. It is open!! Thanks all for your helps and ideas ;)

I know, it seems too much weird. But as you said, who cares, it is works

the Viofo version of this camera comes from the original supplier, I'm not sure the AUTO-VOX version does though, it could be from a different factory, even they use the same PCB not everything is the same and there can be some compatibility issues

the Viofo version of this camera comes from the original supplier, I'm not sure the AUTO-VOX version does though, it could be from a different factory, even they use the same PCB not everything is the same and there can be some compatibility issues
Before we offer A118C to Auto-VOX, then they changed to get this from other suppliers, maybe cheaper. As we know, from last year, there is copy or other manufactures start to produce capacitor version.
That's why we don't want to make any non-brand version since A119.
We stopped cooperation with Auto-VOX, not sure if their version can use our firmware or not.

We bought the camera case from original company who owned the appearance design patent, but some others just copy it to save cost like some other manufactures produce "SJ4000".

Before we offer A118C to Auto-VOX, then they changed to get this from other suppliers, maybe cheaper. As we know, from last year, there is copy or other manufactures start to produce capacitor version.
That's why we don't want to make any non-brand version since A119.
We stopped cooperation with Auto-VOX, not sure if their version can use our firmware or not.

We bought the camera case from original company who owned the appearance design patent, but some others just copy it to save cost like some other manufactures produce "SJ4000".

I've noticed the cheaper version has problems with GPS and some other function is not the same

Did anyone ever get information about what kind of changes are in this A118C.20160316 firmware? My A118C is currently on A118C.20150403 and I'm wondering what would be the benefits of upgrading to the latest firmware. Also, my A118C startup screen shows Blueskysea and was purchased last year thru the ebay seller estore009. Should the Viofo A118C.20160316 firmware be compatible with my A118C?

Did anyone ever get information about what kind of changes are in this A118C.20160316 firmware? My A118C is currently on A118C.20150403 and I'm wondering what would be the benefits of upgrading to the latest firmware. Also, my A118C startup screen shows Blueskysea and was purchased last year thru the ebay seller estore009. Should the Viofo A118C.20160316 firmware be compatible with my A118C?
The 0316 firmware solved the GPS date/time bug, working on a new firmware now, planned to release in 2 weeks.
We offered products to estore009 before, but seems they also got A118C from other suppliers now, if you purchased from last year, it should be compatible with our firmware.

The 0316 firmware solved the GPS date/time bug, working on a new firmware now, planned to release in 2 weeks.
We offered products to estore009 before, but seems they also got A118C from other suppliers now, if you purchased from last year, it should be compatible with our firmware.

Ok, thanks for the info. I don't use GPS with my A118C so guess there is no point for me to upgrade now. Will look forward to the upcoming firmware. When it's released, please disclose what changes are in it. Thanks.

By the way, is it possible to tell from the serial number on the dashcam whether my A118C was manufactured by Viofo? I did not realize until recently that A118C dashcams had different manufacturers. I mistakenly thought last year that estore009 was actually the original manufacturer so that's why I bought from them. Now I realize they're just a seller. The serial number on mine says B40A15290352, if that means anything.

Was about to update to the march firmware as my camera has firmware from early 2015. Guess I'll wait another 2 weeks

Back