A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

this is the first i've heard of a b10. looks like an updated F70/i1000 chassis - it even reuses the same buttons as the old F70. Looks thinner than the B40/a118, and price seems reasonable. even has the same silly "close/open" text on the bottom, referring to which way to slide it on/off the mount. ;)

personally i don't like how the emergency/triangle button is on the top of the F70 and this new B10. on this camera, it should have been in the big blank area below the REC and MIC buttons so it's easy to press.

ad also mentions optional GPS, but there's no plug for it unless it plugs into the AV OUT jack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281665174622
this should probably be a new thread.

and yes,we delete its thread!

you make it sound like a capacitor is a bad thing, when the opposite is true. please feel free to start a new thread about the b10 in the appropriate forum - probably the b40 forum for now.
Yes,we remove previous thread already !

I recently received my a118c yesterday and my contrast are way off; too dark but heard its fixed in 0320 fw but Im having lots of artifacts/noise in video recorded at night. Also the camera is really green parked in the parking lot. Its my camera defective? I brought it from gearbest

Attachments

• a118c.jpg
    a118c.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 17
  • a118c2.jpg
    a118c2.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
how long had the camera been running when this screenshot was taken from?

how hot is the weather now?

how long had the camera been running when this screenshot was taken from?

how hot is the weather now?

I have been running it for maybe less than 2 hours in 88 degree weather.

Hi,

I've been looking for a dashcam on amazon.ca and a few other places, and I keep finding what appears to be the same model (A118C B40C), but with different brand names and wildly differing prices. For example, I believe the lowest price I've found was about $100, and the highest price I've found was $360.

So what have I been ĺooking at? ARE these all the same model, simply rebranded and being sold with various levels of markup? Or are there differences in features and details that I'm just not seeing?

Plus, just a few minutes ago I discovered the A118C D105; apparently the 2015 version of A118C B40C.

Does anyone have any advice about these B40C versions, or about B40C vs. D105 (or, presumably, D105"C")? How about any ideas on where to find a best price?

Thank you all very much,
T. B-W

our version SG9665GC is different hardware, the others, B40C, A118C etc are all the same, you certainly wouldn't consider one for $360 though I'm sure

There is no "2015 version" because the a118c came out in January of 2015. Yes it's a generic camera rebranded by various resellers. Just buy one from someone on your continent (for less than $100) so that in case you need to return it, the process won't be so bad. I had a good experience with spytec in new York via eBay.

Hi,

I've been looking for a dashcam on amazon.ca and a few other places, and I keep finding what appears to be the same model (A118C B40C), but with different brand names and wildly differing prices. For example, I believe the lowest price I've found was about $100, and the highest price I've found was $360.

So what have I been ĺooking at? ARE these all the same model, simply rebranded and being sold with various levels of markup? Or are there differences in features and details that I'm just not seeing?

Plus, just a few minutes ago I discovered the A118C D105; apparently the 2015 version of A118C B40C.

Does anyone have any advice about these B40C versions, or about B40C vs. D105 (or, presumably, D105"C")? How about any ideas on where to find a best price?

Thank you all very much,
T. B-W

Hi,

We have it available at Amazon.CA at Amazon's fulfillment centers in Canada. You can use this link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00SK8B47W

I just got around to trying out my A118C purchased in February, and unfortunately it looks like I got one of the faulty units that have the blurry picture. Hopefully I can get a replacement since I love the form factor.

bm9PmtH.jpg

2fUSjff.jpg

2wcUpl6.jpg
What kind of car is that? It's a work of art!!

Hi,

Thank you all very much,
T. B-W
So has anyone heard of this "A118C D105" that I mentioned? I swear I wasn't imagining it, but I can't find any sign of it now.
Anybody feel like assuring me I'm not insane?

hi

the color is fading on the camera while my car is parking in underground garage.

After 5 minutes or restart the camera:

versiyon: A118C.20150403

Last edited:
Back