A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

I bought the A118C a week ago and it had a fantastic video quality. However, I think I did something to its settings because the video now has extreme brightness. I would appreciate any suggestions on fixing it!

Well, I figured it out. I had mistakenly set the EV to +2.

I have another question regarding the A118C DashCam. I thought that, once the datacard reaches capacity, the camera will continue recording by recording over the oldest videos. I am using a 32gb card and found today that the camera stopped recording once there was about 8mb remaining on the card, it did not over-wright the oldest recordings. Is there a way to do that on this dashcam?

I have another question regarding the A118C DashCam. I thought that, once the datacard reaches capacity, the camera will continue recording by recording over the oldest videos. I am using a 32gb card and found today that the camera stopped recording once there was about 8mb remaining on the card, it did not over-wright the oldest recordings. Is there a way to do that on this dashcam?
Obvious question is "Do you have loop recording on"?

Well, I feel like an idiot! Loop recording was not on so I set it to 5Mins. I assume that means that it creates a new video every 5 minutes and begins over-writing once the card's capacity is reached?

there is only one version of this model
Thanks for the reply. I meant to ask if I were to buy this from op vendor link provided. Would It is authentic product. Because I have heard lot of fake put there.

Is it better than gw1-cb? I am deciding among those 2 to choose from and have yet to determine with some guidance

Last edited:
There's only one version of the A118-C, no matter who you buy it off or what brand it's under they all come from the same source

The G1W-C though has a few versions, are they as good as each other, not sure

Is the lens still plastic? Looking for another wedge on a budget to put on the rear glass.
I've had 2 A118-C's (from @spytec) in my wife's car (front and rear) all summer with temperatures up to almost 100F. She has assigned parking at work and her car faces north/south so one or the other cameras is in the sun all day.

I check the cards about once a week to make sure things are working as they should (the G1W-H camera in her car would fail on hot days) and there have not been any recording issues, corrupt files, or out of focus videos. With luck this will continue.

64gb works fine. just format it directly in the camera, since the file system on the card from the factory isn't compatible with the camera.

Back