A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

I've had 2 A118-C's (from @spytec) in my wife's car (front and rear) all summer with temperatures up to almost 100F. She has assigned parking at work and her car faces north/south so one or the other cameras is in the sun all day.

I check the cards about once a week to make sure things are working as they should (the G1W-H camera in her car would fail on hot days) and there have not been any recording issues, corrupt files, or out of focus videos. With luck this will continue.

Thanks DT MI, I have the A118 in the car that will get a 2nd cam. Going with the A118-C this time around.

Any recommendations for the hotwire for this thing. I know about the street guardian brand but it cost 29.99
But I had seen some around for 8.99 to 12.99
Any thoughts?

you do need a decent stable power source for capacitor based cameras, the cheaper ones aren't always great, if unsure better to just buy a female cig socket and plug your original adapter into that

Just ordered this. It's $53.79! About what I paid for my G1W, but I want to replace it with a capacitor camera.

The optional GPS unit goes on the dash, not the window, correct?

Just ordered this. It's $53.79! About what I paid for my G1W, but I want to replace it with a capacitor camera.

The optional GPS unit goes on the dash, not the window, correct?
yes, but you can open the case of the gps unit and flip over the circuit board, then mount it on the windshield. you should keep it at least a foot away from the camera though, to avoid interference.

I have bought the b40 from gear best. Fast shipping. Thanks

But I have the problem. Recording are corrupted. Some good but most bad.... How to fix it? Is it bad camera

I have 64gb memory card from pny. And also with Sandisk both do the same thing. Tried one another card as well. All same..

Any warranty on those if unit is bad?

Try to format the card in the camera, and try use a smaller card 32gb or less just to test the camera.

I have 64gb memory card from pny. And also with Sandisk both do the same thing. Tried one another card as well. All same..

I had a lot of corruption problems with Sandisk cards in my A118C. Kingston cards have worked OK, though not entirely without issue.

What file format does the A118C use to write to the memory card? I.e. Does it use DCIM?

What file format does the A118C use to write to the memory card? I.e. Does it use DCIM?
No. Files are stored in linear fashion in a "MOVIE" folder.

samsung 128gb microsd will work????

I have 64gb sandisk, and it gives me all corrupt files

Thanks

I have bought the b40 from gear best. Fast shipping. Thanks

But I have the problem. Recording are corrupted. Some good but most bad.... How to fix it? Is it bad camera

Any warranty on those if unit is bad?

I had started a thread before on file corruption issues at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/recording-problem-corrupted-files-on-a118c.12676/. Seems like there can be multiple causes. In my case, I think the capacitor in my A118C was bad. I exchanged the dashcam for another one with my seller, and the replacement did not have the problem.

did any of you try 128gb card with a118c from gearbest?

I am thinking about going with 128gb if any of you confirm, I have tried 64gb

it needs to be formatted FAT32 but should work, camera can't format it but provided you use appropriate software it should be ok

Hello to everyone :)
Was going to order CDV300 (with no GPS) mainly due to its easier fixation process and some sated heat problems but spent some days reading this forum, didn't find any heat problems and decided I don't whant those games with firmwares, power supplies etc.
So I have just ordered an A118C at GearBest a couple of hours ago. They have some really juicy price right now.

Back