A119 Firmware

Last edited:
Could you just disable the g sensor, if it is causing grief. (was the grief because loud car radio/subwoofer are causing g force/extreme vibrations, or was that another member?) I don't personally see a need for it, and in a serious accident where there was power loss and/or a serious shock (such as the window breaking, airbag deploying against it, the device going flying), perhaps it's not a very healthy time to trust it to properly save and move a file to another place. A clean normal (power loss) shutdown might be the quickest and most likely way to get some usable result, IMO.

Just reading along with interest. I have a SG9665 in my car, and a couple dual cam models in one of our trucks (4 cams), but will soon be ordering a few of the A119C or A119S for evaluation. (when the price is right) The goal is to equip a fleet of service trucks and 5 cars. The quality of the dual cam product we got is mediocre, and i'm sold on SG/VIOFO as vendors that are both very supportive and responsive. This is just as important as the ability of the product, IMO.

Could you just disable the g sensor, if it is causing grief. (was the grief because loud car radio/subwoofer are causing g force/extreme vibrations, or was that another member?) I don't personally see a need for it, and in a serious accident where there was power loss and/or a serious shock (such as the window breaking, airbag deploying against it, the device going flying), perhaps it's not a very healthy time to trust it to properly save and move a file to another place. A clean normal (power loss) shutdown might be the quickest and most likely way to get some usable result, IMO.

Just reading along with interest. I have a SG9665 in my car, and a couple dual cam models in one of our trucks (4 cams), but will soon be ordering a few of the A119C or A119S for evaluation. (when the price is right) The goal is to equip a fleet of service trucks and 5 cars. The quality of the dual cam product we got is mediocre, and i'm sold on SG/VIOFO as vendors that are both very supportive and responsive. This is just as important as the ability of the product, IMO.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. No not really you may be referring to another poster that had the G-sensor being activated because of speaker vibration. My grief is caused because the G-sensor does not activate at all when set on high sensitivity. (tap test). I love this little dash cam, it works well except for this problem. I hope maybe it is just a batch of A119's that slipped through on the assembly line and I ended up with one of them. Is it a firmware issue or a hardware problem, I really do not know. I may just try to get it exchanged and hopefully the new A119 will be ok.

yea it sounds like a bad sensor in the hardware, IMO

Thank you for taking the time to reply. No not really you may be referring to another poster that had the G-sensor being activated because of speaker vibration. My grief is caused because the G-sensor does not activate at all when set on high sensitivity. (tap test). I love this little dash cam, it works well except for this problem. I hope maybe it is just a batch of A119's that slipped through on the assembly line and I ended up with one of them. Is it a firmware issue or a hardware problem, I really do not know. I may just try to get it exchanged and hopefully the new A119 will be ok.
May I know what kind of tap test you did, can you show us a video?

My tap test is knocking on the cam with a metal rod and it did not activate and its set high sensitivity If I do it on my Street guardian I just tap it ever so lightly and it works Also I have an A118-c in my other car and it works with a small finger tap. I think the sensor hardware on the A119 is defective @viofo why can you not try to tap it also see if it works to activate the sensor. You can try it yourself if you have time. most cams activate the G-sensor with a light finger tap to the side of the DVR. Do you think that it is only me that has this problem if so I will return it and buy another one. your cam works very good except for this problem I have.
For my testing, I will do some shaking to check the G-sensor, I will check the engineer again, before we worried if it is too sensitive this will cause locking file by mistake.

@viofo Now I know for sure the G-sensor on my A119 is DEFECTIVE. I drove into a pothole on a construction site that was of great impact to my front end. The hole was 2 feet deep. Very big impact to car. You can "shake" the cam all you want to test it as you previously mentioned. The G-sensor does not work!!!!!! Don't know if it can be fixed with an update.. I wish the people from this site try to see if they have the A119 that has no working sensor on impact try a hard tap to the side of camera to see if it works. I am sure your people know of this flaw so FIX IT!!! IF ANYONE ON THIS SITE HAS THIS PROBLEM LETS HEAR ABOUT IT PLEASE.@viofo I am fortunate that I can still return it back to Amazon under the 30 day return policy and get all my money back which is unfortunate because the A119 is fantastic in every way except the G-sensor on my camera.

Hi @Sutton,
I just did three tap tests (forward, backward, and to one side) on my A119 and got the Emergency icon on the LCD for each test. Verified by LCD that locked files were generated. Test I ran held A119 in fingers of right hand and tapped it against fingers of left hand. The taps were really not too hard either. G-Sensor sensitivity set to HIGH. Running the A119_161031_V2.0 firmware installed 11/02/2016. No testing done on the road. Maybe others will report their results too.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Sutton,
I just did three tap tests (forward, backward, and to one side) on my A119 and got the Emergency icon on the LCD for each test. Verified by LCD that locked files were generated. Test I ran held A119 in fingers of right hand and tapped it against fingers of left hand. The taps were really not too hard either. G-Sensor sensitivity set to HIGH. Running the A119_161031_V2.0 firmware installed 11/02/2016. No testing done on the road. Maybe others will report their results too.

Hope this helps.
@5Cowbells @viofo I really want to thank you for what you are telling me I feel much better now , it bugged me so much that the G-sensor did not work. I now will return it as defective and repurchase it again. At least now I know it is just my cam. I think for the money this is the best stealthy cam. Again thank you thank you:):):) I will also contact @viofo to tell him it is just my cam and not anyone else.

@5Cowbells @viofo I really want to thank you for what you are telling me I feel much better now , it bugged me so much that the G-sensor did not work. I now will return it as defective and repurchase it again. At least now I know it is just my cam. I think for the money this is the best stealthy cam. Again thank you thank you:):):) I will also contact @viofo to tell him it is just my cam and not anyone else.
Maybe you should try testing the g-sensor the way 5Cowbells did. Sounds like you are tapping an object against the A119, where he was tapping the A119 against an object (has hand/fingers). He is physically moving the A119. When I tested mine, I tested like 5Cowbells and got similar results. When I tried to tap the A119 with an object (I used a heavy pen), I couldn't get it to activate. I'm sure I could have activated it with the pen if I wanted to hit it hard enough, but I didn't feel it was a very accurate test. However, if my car hits a 2 foot deep pot hole, I would be very surprised if the g-sensor didn't activate.

Better to wait for our new firmware before return, too sensitive is also not good.

Better to wait for our new firmware before return, too sensitive is also not good.
@viofo - Not sure what you are saying here. To be sure that there is no misunderstanding of my statement "G-Sensor sensitivity set to HIGH" in post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-firmware.22223/page-7#post-299444, I was just telling what A119 G-Sensor Sensitivity setting was in use during the tap test. I was not making any judgements about whether the G-Sensor Sensitivity in general is too high or too low. Is there firmware newer than A119_161031_V2.0 (11/02/2016 revision) coming out soon? Thanks.

I agree. I wouldn't like at all to have a full memory card with false accident alerts because of the high sensivity.

Does the G sensor measure in specific increments the level of sensivity? I mean what numbers are for Low, Medium and High sensivity?
Maybe the menu could be adapted for the user to edit these sensitivities, so everyone would be happy?
PS: some false alarms are acceptable though...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

@Sutton are you sure that you upgraded also the loader?

@Sutton are you sure that you upgraded also the loader?
Hmmmmm I did not because someone here told me if a loader was installed originally on a previous firmware update that there is no need to install the loader again. Anyways the A119 is half way back to Amazon and a new one is expected today but thanks for the heads up on loader. That's a good question to pose

Last edited:
I don't know why are you listening someone instead of following official instructions. You tagged viofo hundred times for your fault. I think nobody put the @ in front of a user so many times like you. And for a problem which wasnt a problem.

I don't know why are you listening someone instead of following official instructions. You tagged viofo hundred times for your fault. I think nobody put the @ in front of a user so many times like you. And for a problem which wasnt a problem.
Mtz your usually an easy going guy. Please don't be angry with me, It was a problem with the high sensitivity that did not work on my cam and for a long time no one came forward to say they had a similar problem . So I was posting viofo and if you read all my 100 @posts you will see I got no remedy other than an updated firmware fix that did not work.... End result it is a sensor hardware problem not a software problem. And as far as the loader being installed first I tried many times to load it and I guess it did not want to load because it was already on the cam. But thank you Mtz for your feed back:)

Reactions: Mtz
I am afraid that tagging too much a person which is giving help (he released a firmware just for you) someday he will ignore that tags and will come back to forum when he wants not when we want. Many years ago when I was receiving too many notifications from some forums I started to ignore many threads because there was not enough time for me to answer to all questions. Some were lucky to receive answer or help, some were not and maybe some of them really needed my help.

enjoy,
Mtz

I am afraid that tagging too much a person which is giving help (he released a firmware just for you) someday he will ignore that tags and will come back to forum when he wants not when we want. Many years ago when I was receiving too many notifications from some forums I started to ignore many threads because there was not enough time for me to answer to all questions. Some were lucky to receive answer or help, some were not and maybe some of them really needed my help.

enjoy,
Mtz
You are right absolutely makes sense.

Mtz the person I got that information from about the loader was a very reputable well known long time member whose name is Gibson99
[/QUOTE]
If you already upgraded to the previous 2.0 release, you should not need the loader again.

Edit: I haven't downloaded the file from drop box above but if it's just a .bin file then you can just put it on an empty SD card and flash it like the other updates.

Hmmmmm I did not because someone here told me if a loader was installed originally on a previous firmware update that there is no need to install the loader again. Anyways the A119 is half way back to Amazon and a new one is expected today but thanks for the heads up on loader. That's a good question to pose
Perhaps obvious to some (it's easy if you know how) but maybe forgotten in the hubbub of the moment, one way to double check that your A119 firmware update loaded successfully is to check the Firmware Version, the last item in the Menu of settings, which should be changed by the update to match that found in the Viofo download message.
{Edit: The Firmware Version may not be a true indicator that all is well with the update if the boot-loader file (LDBA119.bin) was not loaded or did not load properly prior to loading the V2.0 firmware file (FWBA119.bin) - see the Viofo "Update Instructions" text file included in the zipped download file folder}

Regards,

Last edited:
Back