A119 Firmware

@Mtz Just to keep you updated, I did receive the new A119 and I updated the new firmware. The cam is working perfect, the high sensitivity is perfect now. I just have to lightly tap it and it activates. So the one I returned had a defective G-sensor. Kudos to @Rhody401 for informing me what the problem was. Lets see what you would have done if you had a problem with your A119. No one came to help me did you? Even the Seller didn't have a clue how to fix this problem and suggested that I return it back to him for a replacement which I did. So I kept in touch with the manufacturer via this forum and Amazon and was told to keep in touch with my problem. Viofo gave me great support when I had this frustrating problem thanks to Viofo for bending over backwards trying to help me.

@Mtz Just to keep you updated, I did receive the new A119 and I updated the new firmware. The cam is working perfect, the high sensitivity is perfect now. I just have to lightly tap it and it activates. So the one I returned had a defective G-sensor. Kudos to @Rhody401 for informing me what the problem was. Lets see what you would have done if you had a problem with your A119. No one came to help me did you? Even the Seller didn't have a clue how to fix this problem and suggested that I return it back to him for a replacement which I did. So I kept in touch with the manufacturer via this forum and Amazon and was told to keep in touch with my problem. Viofo gave me great support when I had this frustrating problem thanks to Viofo for bending over backwards trying to help me.
Which firmware did you install? The last one Viofo posted above?

Last edited:
maybe there is a bug in this firmware, the setting related to the "format card reminder" doesn't seem to be applied by the dashcam,

every 30 days I get a message "format card : all your data will be lost : cancel, Ok", but in the menu the "format card reminder" option is set to "off", my dashcam doesn't respect my setting related to this option

maybe there is a bug in this firmware, the setting related to the "format card reminder" doesn't seem to be applied by the dashcam,

every 30 days I get a message "format card : all your data will be lost : cancel, Ok", but in the menu the "format card reminder" option is set to "off", my dashcam doesn't respect my setting related to this option
What version firmware are you running? This was addressed in an update awhile back.

I use the last firmware posted by viofo two weeks ago in this forum

I use the last firmware posted by viofo two weeks ago in this forum

So you got a 30 day format warning, about two weeks after installing the V2.0 firmware, with the "Format Warning" setting set to OFF, correct? Would you also look in the Menu of settings at the Firmware Version entry and verify that your current installed firmware version is "A119_20161031_V2.0"?

Last edited:

did you reset all settings after updating?

was this setting enabled when you were last using the prior firmware?

My A119 does not want to hold the settings when I close and reopen it. I did every thing according to the instructions. The only thing I can think of why its not holding the setting is that the loader is not being loaded properly. After the loader I put in the firmware so now I do have the most updated firmware. What can be wrong with the loader? I was told if the loader is installed properly the setting will hold

what settings are not holding?
After a few hours of trying every thing I can think of I found out the problem. The fault is with the loader not properly being unzipped with 7zip software. Without the loader being installed properly all setting such as time date all etc. revert back to default on stating up again. The loader when you load it on the cam really does not flash we have to assume it loaded properly. If it didn't that's how the settings don't hold . Jokiin your help is more than anyone can ask for and you don't even get compensated. I'm all for a monthly donation set up in your name.

The loader when you load it on the cam really does not flash we have to assume it loaded properly.

yeah that's how it goes, the loaders install too quick to actually notice and you have to assume they are done correctly as there's no real identifier as such that an end user can see, good that you worked it out though

. Jokiin your help is more than anyone can ask for and you don't even get compensated. I'm all for a monthly donation set up in your name.

well it's nice if anything I post is deemed useful, that's enough, being able to learn things here from the efforts of others helps us in the debugging process, product development and road mapping of our products, that's far more valuable than anything we give

Regarding G-sensor, please check below firmware, and set to high, also please notice the firmware date changed to 11.18.
Included 2 different version, I thought the "0x20" version will meet the requirement for tapping to lock the file.
The 0x20 is not good, is too sensitive.

enjoy,
Mtz

I upgrade mine to the new viofo firmware v2.0, but the update didn't workout the camera did record video but none of my settings where there , day and time where wrong no gps the camera was hot after 20 minutes of driving,after checking the sd on the pc some of the videos have 2 copy's, anyone have any idea.
Thans

I upgrade mine to the new viofo firmware v2.0, but the update didn't workout the camera did record video but none of my settings where there , day and time where wrong no gps the camera was hot after 20 minutes of driving,after checking the sd on the pc some of the videos have 2 copy's, anyone have any idea.
Thans
I had almost a similar problem maybe it is the loader that did not load (never gives indication its loaded) but the firmware does install with out loader but setting go back to default on a reboot of cam. My problem with the loader was that I never unzipped it properly with 7zip. Once I did unzipped the loader properly it was perfect. Hope this helps. Also before setting time make sure you put in the right zone number setting go on google to see your time zone.

Thans
Have seen others report this setting loss problem when their upgrade did not go well, seemingly because..."the Loader" didn't load properly. I'm not expert on this subject but have successfully loaded version 2.0 twice. See Reference 1 - I think Viofo meant "loss" instead of "loose" in this reference. If so, then I think he's saying that if the boot-loader (downloaded file LDBA119.bin) is not loaded, then the V2.0 software may load but the A119 will lose the settings in memory, presumably after a power-down of the A119, like what @Sutton reported. When connecting to a Windows PC, use the supplied A119 short cable to connect to a USB port (preferably USB 3.0 - more power) and treat the A119 like any other USB storage device. If connection is successful, A119 screen turns blue and displays "Mass Storage". Use Windows File Explorer to find the newly installed device (looks like a new drive). In Windows 10, I only had to double click on the downloaded zip file folder to unzip the files. Then closely follow the directions in the unzipped text file "Update Instructions" contained therein. The only thing I did different was add a fairly obvious step between step 6 and step 7 to disconnect the camera from the PC for a minute or so (you can't reconnect without first disconnecting), but I like a checklist to be detailed and complete. Also, Windows 10 wants you to "eject" a USB storage device to safely remove it, so I did that too. The update will change the Firmware Version (last item in the Menu of settings) to "A119_20161031_V2.0" if successful, though considering what Reference 1 says, I'm now having doubts about that being a true indicator that the update was successful. This whole thread is devoted to the version 2.0 upgrade, plus some other threads have user experiences as well.

Hope this helps,

Thanks guys i will try to update it tomorrow, i'll post the outcome.
thanks again

Have seen others report this setting loss problem when their upgrade did not go well, seemingly because..."the Loader" didn't load properly. I'm not expert on this subject but have successfully loaded version 2.0 twice. See Reference 1 - I think Viofo meant "loss" instead of "loose" in this reference. If so, then I think he's saying that if the boot-loader (downloaded file LDBA119.bin) is not loaded, then the V2.0 software may load but the A119 will lose the settings in memory, presumably after a power-down of the A119, like what @Sutton reported. When connecting to a Windows PC, use the supplied A119 short cable to connect to a USB port (preferably USB 3.0 - more power) and treat the A119 like any other USB storage device. If connection is successful, A119 screen turns blue and displays "Mass Storage". Use Windows File Explorer to find the newly installed device (looks like a new drive). In Windows 10, I only had to double click on the downloaded zip file folder to unzip the files. Then closely follow the directions in the unzipped text file "Update Instructions" contained therein. The only thing I did different was add a fairly obvious step between step 6 and step 7 to disconnect the camera from the PC for a minute or so (you can't reconnect without first disconnecting), but I like a checklist to be detailed and complete. Also, Windows 10 wants you to "eject" a USB storage device to safely remove it, so I did that too. The update will change the Firmware Version (last item in the Menu of settings) to "A119_20161031_V2.0" if successful, though considering what Reference 1 says, I'm now having doubts about that being a true indicator that the update was successful. This whole thread is devoted to the version 2.0 upgrade, plus some other threads have user experiences as well.

Hope this helps,
Excellent step by step I'm sure many will benefit

Back