A119 PRO?!?

I agree, I still have my JooVuu X in daily usage, and with it's flaws which we won't go in to now, it still gets me better stills than my Viofo A119s..... Don't get me wrong, the MOVIE of the A119S is great, as is the night performance, but when push comes to shove, I get better evidence from the JooVuu X. Proof in next post
According to your pictures, I think A119s would be better...

I have to look pretty hard to conclude that the A119 has a better day picture than the A119s ... there's not a lot in it.
At night ... the A119s is clearly better with its Starvis.

Imho ... the Viofo A119s is clearly the Best Bang for your Buck going around. (y)

Having said that - I'm looking forward to VIOFO taking the PRO up to another level.
I'd also like to see them improve their WR1

Last edited:
It was only one retailer Nigel, so it may just be a single person taking small profits. However, if someone can sell it for £136, then unless it's a copy or actually the Yi non + model mistakenly advertised as +, you'd have to presume they're making some profit which suggests the manufacturer is able to wholesale them for less.
I think Yi must have sold the retailers a batch of really cheap ones for Christmas, possibly that retailer was selling those for minimal profit, I don't expect that price will become normal. Maybe Amberella have also reduced their processor prices significantly since they are loosing their GoPro and DJI sales which must be a significant loss of business, it is in Amberella's interest as well as Yi's to undercut GoPro significantly, GoPro are not going to last much longer.

According to your pictures, I think A119s would be better...

Well there you have it, it's often subjective, I always have seen the X as the best one for still screen shots to read clear license plates.

At this point they both are SO close, so I can understand your remark, it's just that I find the A119S producing a great filmic result in the video, but I had higher hopes for at least a significant better result over an older camera.

This also says something about JooVuu's performance in image quality back then, as does the Mobius....

Piece.

At this point they both are SO close
IF A119 Pro will be with Aptina AR0521 then the image should be better because of more MP (5PMP) + bigger CMOS size. But I am very curious if it will be better than A119S during night.

enjoy,
Mtz

There's a whole lot of ebay sellers advertising for less than £150. Even a couple of web sites as well. Trustability, I couldn't comment. However, go to some more well known sites and still only around £180 or £200 at big name sites such as Amazon.

You draw your own conclusions, but it appears that if the offered ones are all genuine, then the 4K+ could be somewhere around £100 wholesale depending on markups (I believe that generally larger retailers have @100%).

...., GoPro are not going to last much longer.

Yeah I personally believe GoPro are on the ropes. Yi and Eken are running them close for action cams for around 1/2 the price (or less still in the case of Eken). GoPro's ace is the Fusion (I believe the competition is the reason they created it). However, others are producing cheaper 360 degree cameras and whilst I've not personally seen a review that comes out in favour of any of the competitors over the Fusion, I believe given the price difference and increasing quality of competitors, a £600 camera might be a hard sell in the long term.

Yi is a serious blow to GoPro, I doubt GoPro even know who Eken are, they'd be lumped in with all the other generic brand offerings as an also ran from their perspective, I don't see any 360 camera saving their business though, 360 video for the most part is a solution looking for a problem, the Fusion is $999 here so not exactly something that is going to be setting any sales records, I agree they're on the ropes but I'm sure Woodman is crying into a big bag of money right now

IF A119 Pro will be with Aptina AR0521 then the image should be better because of more MP (5PMP) + bigger CMOS size. But I am very curious if it will be better than A119S during night.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeah, me too....!

A119 Pro will be available within one week, we will offer some samples for DCT members, please PM to me.

The A129 Wi-Fi version is under working, will try to offer samples for DCT members at the end of the March.

Blimey .... who wouldn't want a piece of that action ^^^ (y)

Last edited:
I have never tried a vifo product, though i often recommend them to the bang 4 buck audience.

What is DCT members?

Where are the specifications for the A119 pro?

Looking forward to it.

Paul.

Current A119 has better video than most of the top tier Korean cameras but people still buy those, price isn't always a good performance indicator
Heh, and better than street guardian?))

Last edited:
Back