A119 (production) firmware updates

Problem as on the movie :

What has happened ?

Upgrade downloader I didn noticed, rec do not blinking, maybe because file is too small and upgrade run too fast
Boot loader installs fast. Lights don't blink like when installing firmware. Did you reset defaults after the install?

I did, and nothing changed, still problem

have u seen a movie above ? What do u think ?

I suspect there's something wrong with the SD card. Also, the format dialog box comes up according to the format card setting (every 30 days, 60 days, etc.) and I usually let it format the card to keep it fresh. Allow it to format the card next time the dialog box comes up, see if that solves your problem.

I have also had some problems with the latest update - the one with the new loader. Like a couple of others, after updating I noticed one day the camera was extremely hot. And this was not due to any direct sunlight exposure as I have the camera covered by a custom made sunvisor and behind tint. So I redid the update, just to make sure that I hadn't made any mistakes. Reset defaults, formatted sd card. It ran nice for about a week and then one day I heard a couple of beeps - like when the camera starts - I took a look and it was saying format card.....and it was very hot again. I immediately took it down to cool off. Reformatted card and started using again. So far, I think it has been okay - no hot incidents as yet. Will keep you updated if it occurs again.

What 64GB SD cards are known to 100% work with a119 firmware ver 2.0 ?

Transcend 400x, Sandisk's endurance range.

what about Lexar 633X ?

samsung evo, samsung evo + ?

First of all, you should NEVER insert or remove the SD Card with the Dashcam powered on.

Put the .bin file in the root directory of the SD Card. Insert the SD Card in the Dashcam. THEN power the Dashcam on.

RodeoGeorge

Edit 8/24 to clarify.
Format the SD Card in the Fat32 format. Then place the .bin file in the root directory.
I have not tried placing the .bin file on the SD Card without first formatting it.

What can be damage when u remove SD with the dashcam power on ? only SD card ?

and if you have the first file of your videos corrupted that means the camera had a problem with a power during start up.

but solution is simply SD FORMAT only ?

Last edited:
yes. if you have the first or last file corrupted, format the card. that's how much you can do. you still can use the video files that are not corrupted, and likely you won't have corrupted files again if you use the camera correctly. :)

Back