A119 (production) firmware updates

how are you powering it?

I am embarrassed to say that I didn't realize it put it into a transfer mode when hooked up to the computer. The problem started when I tried to pull the card to view a few videos I took with it after my initial trial run and it showed up empty on my computer. Wasn't sure what the problem was so hooked it up to my computer in the house.

So that leads to my next question. I am in a rental right now (Chevy) that always has the power on. Will I have to press the record button every time I get in and out of the car to keep it from continuing to record? I can't figure out why it didn't record on my commutes today.

being a rental if the cig socket is permanently powered might be better just to pull the plug when you park and plug it back in when you're ready to go again

being a rental if the cig socket is permanently powered might be better just to pull the plug when you park and plug it back in when you're ready to go again

Thanks. Just tried that and it corrupted the last file. How do I get around that?

Thanks. Just tried that and it corrupted the last file. How do I get around that?

that shouldn't happen and may be indicative of a hardware or firmware problem, in the interim you can manually stop recordings before unplugging the cam and your files should be fine

So what resolution seems to be the sharpest? I tried 1080p this morning and it looked really good at the edges. Especially the left side. License plates were clearest at about the 10ft distance. The center not so much. Is that a firmware thing? I had turned on the LDWS just to see how they worked and they didn't do anything.

So what resolution seems to be the sharpest? I tried 1080p this morning and it looked really good at the edges. Especially the left side. License plates were clearest at about the 10ft distance. The center not so much. Is that a firmware thing? I had turned on the LDWS just to see how they worked and they didn't do anything.
Those LDWS functions won't work in the 1440p setting. Viofo has said its a hardware limitation.

From my personal observations, 1440p resolution gains you another 10 feet of detail.
The 1080p at 60fps is just smooth and so easy on the eyes it is as the video is fast forwarded compared to 30fps.
Never tried LDWS, but I am sure it would be more annoying than anything.. constantly beeping at you =)

Hi there, I ordered A119 few days ago decide to research little before it gets here. Sorry if my question is stupid but - how to apply/install new firmware ?

Hi there, I ordered A119 few days ago decide to research little before it gets here. Sorry if my question is stupid but - how to apply/install new firmware ?
simply copy the firmware bin file to the base of the micro sd card directory and insert it into the dashcam. the next time it powers up, it will automatically detect the file and update accordingly. after a few minutes, the upgrade will finish and the firmware file will be automatically deleted. some people on this forum suggest after the update to set your dashcam back to factory default before proceeding to restore your previous setting.

From viofo.com:

1. Download the firmware file
2. Unzip the file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip
3. Open the file and copy the .bin file directly onto the MicroSD card root file(use a 32GB maximum card, FAT32 format.)
4. Insert the MicroSD card into the cam and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. cigarette lighter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically.
5. While upgrading the front REC red LED starts blinking(the light blinking slowly at the beginning, then blinking quickly), after the light stop blinking, it means upgrade is finished, the firmware will be deleted automatically after upgrade.

Thank you both, I am sure I will have more questions once item arrives

Mine works fine with the June 2016 FW version... and I see no reason to update it yet, unless there is something I am missing?

I just had my first request to format the micro sd card pny 128gb after 6 days of usage even though I have the remind format off. By the way I am using the 0805 beta firmware. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, immediately when I loaded the card. First thing I did was format it. Should I try formatting it again or do it through the computer?

Yes, immediately when I loaded the card. First thing I did was format it. Should I try formatting it again or do it through the computer?
After you updated to the 0805 firmware, did you default your settings in the menu?

Back