A119 (production) firmware updates

in the camera is best

I'll reformat it again if it happens. I did not realize it stopped recording until I glanced at the screen which showed a blue screen indicating that I needed to format the card. However, when I removed the card about 2 times it started recording again..... Just curious if anyone else had that issue or if it was just me so far. I know I turned off the format reminding function. Just trying to see if this is a result of the beta firmware or a possibility of a bad card.

couple of possibilities, the warning could be a bug, could also mean the card did need formatting due to an error, you hadn't started recycling yet so don't think it's a file handling bug as such

couple of possibilities, the warning could be a bug, could also mean the card did need formatting due to an error, you hadn't started recycling yet so don't think it's a file handling bug as such

@jokiin thanks! Always nice to try to narrow the issue down to possibilities. After all, it is a beta firmware. I'm hoping it's just a bug. Will report in another week or earlier if the symptoms come back again!

Mine asks after every restart. I'll try reformatting and reseting settings again.

Mine asks after every restart. I'll try reformatting and reseting settings again.
Format card through menu, not from warning menu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am having problems updating the firmware.
I just got the a119 and wanted to update the firmware straight away.
I copied the bin file to the microSD card and put it into the cam after it powered on.
When I insert the card, the dashcam powers off and nothing happens... no lights or anything.
When I hard reset the power, the bin file shows up on my computer but hasn't uploaded. When I remove the card it shuts down too.

Any help would be great!
I am using a SanDisk (I know) High Endurance Video Monitoring Card

First of all, you should NEVER insert or remove the SD Card with the Dashcam powered on.

Put the .bin file in the root directory of the SD Card. Insert the SD Card in the Dashcam. THEN power the Dashcam on.

RodeoGeorge

Edit 8/24 to clarify.
Format the SD Card in the Fat32 format. Then place the .bin file in the root directory.
I have not tried placing the .bin file on the SD Card without first formatting it.

Last edited:
What is the latest firmware (stable and beta version) ?

I recently go my A119+GPS from spy-tec on Amazon, took it for test drive. No problems. Upgraded to the latest stable firmware from Viofo website today. after upgrade, reformated the card in camera, and reset to defaults. Haven't tested it on road as yet but I had a question. I noticed as soon as I manually turned off the recording just prior to the reformatting/default reset, it started to beep and the rec button light started to blink. Is this a new feature that was added?

I recently go my A119+GPS from spy-tec on Amazon, took it for test drive. No problems. Upgraded to the latest stable firmware from Viofo website today. after upgrade, reformated the card in camera, and reset to defaults. Haven't tested it on road as yet but I had a question. I noticed as soon as I manually turned off the recording just prior to the reformatting/default reset, it started to beep and the rec button light started to blink. Is this a new feature that was added?
This is normal. It's just to alert you that it is not recording. Press the menu or record button and it will stop.

Ahh, I forgot to mention that I did press the menu button and it did stop beeping. But thank you for the clarification regarding it being normal.

Last edited:
I upgrade mine to the new viofo firmware, but the update didn't workout the camera did record video but none of the settings where there , day and time where wrong no gps the camera was hot after 20 minutes of driving,after checking the sd on the pc some of the videos have 2 copy's, anyone have any idea.
Thans

I upgrade mine to the new viofo firmware, but the update didn't workout the camera did record video but none of the settings where there , day and time where wrong no gps the camera was hot after 20 minutes of driving,after checking the sd on the pc some of the videos have 2 copy's, anyone have any idea.
Thans
First please check you have updated to the latest version. Before upgrade to the latest version, make sure you also upgrade the loader(LDBA119.bin).
And after upgrade, try to reset to default settings.

Thanks for the update! I installed the beta firmware and it still asks to format the SD card after putting it in the computer. Also, prior to the update (and still happening), some captured movies refuse to be played on the computer while others play just fine. I can't get any video to play on the camera itself at all. I kept getting "memory error". I suspect it could be my card, which is a no-brand class 10 card that is a few years old. I am ordering a SanDisk card so I will try that when it arrives.

Hi, I have same problem. When I turn on camera is starting record, but when I try to turn off record "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....), and nothing happened, there are no records SD card. On screen there is "Memory error" massage and "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....). Without SD card (A119 empty) "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....) as well.

I am using 64 GB SD card, I tried few cards made by different producers, and problem still exist.

It has happened after I upgraded from 1.1 up to 2.0 firmware ver. Before there were no problem with my SD card (64 GB GoodRam class 10) and recording.

HELP

Attachments

• memory error.png
    memory error.png
    567.9 KB · Views: 15
Hi, I have same problem. When I turn on camera is starting record, but when I try to turn off record "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....), and nothing happened, there are no records SD card. On screen there is "Memory error" massage and "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....). Without SD card (A119 empty) "rec" button blinking and camera beeping (2 beeps - pause - 2 beeps - pause - ....) as well.

I am using 64 GB SD card, I tried few cards made by different producers, and problem still exist.

It has happened after I upgraded from 1.1 up to 2.0 firmware ver. Before there were no problem with my SD card (64 GB GoodRam class 10) and recording.

HELP
Never heard of that brand card. Did you update the boot loader?

Yes, I did everything as in upgrade instruction, I tried Samsung Evo and other ..

If u want I can send u movie to see how problem looks like

Upgrade downloader I didn noticed, rec do not blinking, maybe because file is too small and upgrade run too fast

Back