A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

any feedback on firmware 1.7 or this is same firmware as the beta 1.60b just update firmware number ?

Lol... I installed the beta 2 days ago, then just installed 1.7 this morning... oh well... Haven't check IQ yet, but will try to do that later tonight.

They appear to be the same, just given the official firmware # v1.7. Maybe @viofo can confirm whether there were any tweaks between the beta and v1.7.

updated to 1.7 to late to go for a ride, will check it in am.

Ok, so I did a quick test this morning, and the sharpness doesn't seem all that different. It's still pretty crunchy... but it's still useable...

Just the default video player in Windows 10. I didn't try VLC, but can do that now...

Just tried VLC... Not any better/worse than the stock Windows 10 player.
OK, I generally find the video quality to be better in VLC than Registrator Viewer. It's actually a very noticeable difference for me.

OK, I generally find the video quality to be better in VLC than Registrator Viewer. It's actually a very noticeable difference for me.

Oh, ok... well I did expect to see an IQ difference between the old and new firmware, but for me there isn't much of a difference. If it matters... I have the CPL on, WDR is on, and Exposure is at 0.0. Not sure if any other settings make a difference. I have the frequency set at the default 50mHz... should I change it to 60?

Other than this, my A119S has been working great so far...

Oh, ok... well I did expect to see an IQ difference between the old and new firmware, but for me there isn't much of a difference. If it matters... I have the CPL on, WDR is on, and Exposure is at 0.0. Not sure if any other settings make a difference. I have the frequency set at the default 50mHz... should I change it to 60?

Other than this, my A119S has been working great so far...
I'd change it to 60Htz, but that shouldn't matter unless you use the AV out port. Might want to try with WDR off.

yes it should be set to 60Hz, you'll see flicker in your recordings from lighting (LED lighting will still show flicker, that's expected) otherwise
Really? For some reason I thought that setting only affected the AV out signal.

Really? For some reason I thought that setting only affected the AV out signal.

no the frequency setting is to prevent mains power induced flicker, AV output will have a PAL/NTSC option, two different settings and very often confused

@jokiin If I set mine to 60Hz, are the additional frames that I lose with 50Hz worth putting up with occasional flicker?

Back