A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

it doesn't change the frame rate

IIRC you had mentioned that the dropping of a frame every five frames was because of the 50Hz setting, hence my question.

Has the XXXX along the bottom of the screen for the first time, not sure if that's to do with memory card or general issue or 1.6 firmware ?
Will update to 1.7 once my Transcend card arrives.

I'm still running... whatever revision the first batch of v1 cameras shipped with. Zero issues.

I read that in newer firmwares they upped the post-processing sharpening. Very much uninterested in upgrading unless this changes.

Same here...have updated with 1.7 firmware and everything playing fine video footage most acceptable to me....

Same here...have updated with 1.7 firmware and everything playing fine video footage most acceptable to me....

Still waiting for GPS Info to be able to be turned off in menu. It was to be included in a new Firmware update. Any idea when this will happen?

As far as I recall, the option to turn off GPS info was there on my shipped 1.2 firmware and on the new 1.7 ?
I know I have it to display time/date only.

As far as I recall, the option to turn off GPS info was there on my shipped 1.2 firmware and on the new 1.7 ?
I know I have it to display time/date only.

Yes the option has always been there since the beginning,but it has never worked. Your speed and GPS Info is still embedded in the video playback. VIOFO has promised this would be fixed with a new firmware,but it still hasn't been done.

Oh right, my apologies I didn't realise it was embedded.
What tool would one use to extract/view the info from the video file ?

@viofo Just letting you know after installing the latest firmware 1.7 for A119S. The IQ is fantastic. Improved all over image quality more that I expected.:)

Looking forward to it, though I'm hoping it the GPS will still set the time automatically - that is the main reason I have the GPS model. I'm also hoping the lock file changes from that A119 beta come to the A119S.

Not sure, sounds like a good feature request though if it's not the case.

i believe it is already automatic.. you could try it.. set you a different time/date and wait for the gps to sych, this would set the correct time based on the gps signal.

i believe it is already automatic.. you could try it.. set you a different time/date and wait for the gps to sych, this would set the correct time based on the gps signal.
You are misunderstanding what I said. I want it to STILL work when the GPS is set to off and not embedding GPS info.

Yes the option has always been there since the beginning,but it has never worked. Your speed and GPS Info is still embedded in the video playback. VIOFO has promised this would be fixed with a new firmware,but it still hasn't been done.
it's not true to me. I have gps enabled but no gps information is written over video. maybe it's case in some config combinations.

what annoying me are reverted increase/decrease buttons while setting up some values in menu (ie reg plate, date and so on). I reported it adter initial build but it's still not fixed

it's not true to me. I have gps enabled but no gps information is written over video. maybe it's case in some config combinations.

what annoying me are reverted increase/decrease buttons while setting up some values in menu (ie reg plate, date and so on). I reported it adter initial build but it's still not fixed
The issue, as I understand it, is that even when the GPS is set to not put the GPS info in to the video, it actually does still go in to the video file and can be pulled out, even if it isn't being displayed in the video file. So if you happen to have been speeding but didn't have your camera set to show the speed in the video, the information is still actually in the video file, and potentially available to police, lawyers etc if they extract it.

Sorry, I guess I'm the only one who hasn't done this before. I can connect my A119S to my computer, I have the update file downloaded on my laptop. But, I don't understand how to copy the file from my download location to my SD card in the camera. Meaning, when I connect the camera to the computer I cannot "see" the card. Like an external drive with files. I was about to use a card reader with my camera SD card in it to transfer the file, but it sounds like everyone else is transferring from their PC to the camera directly, but I don't know how to access the SD card in my camera correctly.

Sorry for asking what must be a stupid, mundane question.

Back