A129 3-wire kit

Scroll down on that page and you will find the fuse tap.
In my opinion that set of 4 types is not a good option offered by Viofo because I expect for HK3 will be needed 2 fuse tape same type, not different types. Buying that set will let you with 3 unused fuse taps and you will still need one.

enjoy,
Mtz

Scroll down on that page and you will find the fuse tap.
In my opinion that set of 4 types is not a good option offered by Viofo because I expect for HK3 will be needed 2 fuse tape same type, not different types. Buying that set will let you with 3 unused fuse taps and you will still need one.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ah thanks didn't see that they sell those. Bit confused by your answer though, what's HK3? and you say I need 2 of the same type?

I'll buy from Amazon UK but not sure of the type I need for my car and how many etc.

Is there install instructions for the hardwire kit?

Thanks

As you can see in the picture presentation of the hard wire kit, you will see 3 wires. Two of them needs to be connected to the fuse taps. You need to look at your car fusebox and see what type of fuse taps you need. 2 pcs.
HK3 is just a short name for the A129 Car Camera 3 Wire ACC Mini Hardwire Kit for the Parking Mode

enjoy,
Mtz

@viofo

Just made a successful payment via Paypal to etoponline and tried again on Viofo's site, still not working. Something is up with specifically their website and Paypal.

I already had the A129 Duo, but wanted a parking monitor, and Viofo had promised a hardwire kit. Eventually it is here! https://www.viofo.com/accessories/108-a129-car-camera-3-wire-acc-mini-hardwire-kit.html so I've ordered it but says "Note: Fuse Tap is not included" what is this and what do I need so I can have it ready please? Its for a Vauxhall Mokka X if makes a difference.

thanks
You'll need fuse taps (also called add-a-fuse, add-a-circuit, piggyback) and fuses.
1) Check what type/size of fuse your car uses. There are 4 different sizes. Buy 2 fuse taps since you're using parking mode, one for each wire
2) Get 2 fuses for those fuse taps. I believe 3 to 5 amp fuse will work well for dash cams

@viofo

Just made a successful payment via Paypal to etoponline and tried again on Viofo's site, still not working. Something is up with specifically their website and Paypal.

I bought off Viofo website today using PayPal and went through ok, I'm in UK.

You'll need fuse taps (also called add-a-fuse, add-a-circuit, piggyback) and fuses.
1) Check what type/size of fuse your car uses. There are 4 different sizes. Buy 2 fuse taps since you're using parking mode, one for each wire
2) Get 2 fuses for those fuse taps. I believe 3 to 5 amp fuse will work well for dash cams
So it's only 1/2 a kit really!?! I'll need to know which on my car and start to work out where as well then. Surely @viofo should recommend the fuse ratings though?

I was hoping to get the install instructions ahead of the kit to start working it all out in preparation

I bought off Viofo website today using PayPal and went through ok, I'm in UK.

So it's only 1/2 a kit really!?! I'll need to know which on my car and start to work out where as well then. Surely @viofo should recommend the fuse ratings though?

I was hoping to get the install instructions ahead of the kit to start working it all out in preparation
You can imagine the cost if Viofo included fuses and taps to fit all of the different types of vehicles. On the bright side, the fuse taps and fuses are relatively inexpensive and usually come in a multi-pack. Blackboxmycar has an installation guide for hardwire.

edit: I think thedashcamstore has a better installation guide

Last edited:
@viofo

I had tried Paypal payment at Viofo site and got the error message. This had been going on for almost a month (that is when I tried it for the first time) and I had brought it to the notice of Viofo and Paypal, but the problem still persists. I should think it is some India specific problem as others here have successfully executed payments.

Wire it into the radio wiring which is already fused. A multimeter will be required to find the permenant and switched lives.

I'm really not familiar at all with any car electricity. I was planning to order all the relevant parts and hand them to a local proffesional for installation. I just want to know which fuse taps and fuses exactly I need to order. Can you guide me what should I be looking for. I don't have a multi meter but I probably can find a diagram of the fuse box.
Maybe this will help you to help me? :) https://www.autogenius.info/volkswagen-golf-mk7-2012-2018-fuse-box-diagram/

Few questions about the hardwire kit, maybe @viofo will reply:
1. Is it working if connecting only ACC or BAT? For example I want to use it connected to the mount not into the camera and I want to use only the ACC. This means the ACC wire should provide power to the same pin which is used also by the default power cable of the camera. Did somebody tested if the ACC is connected to the +5V pin of the mini USB connector?
2. Is reasonable to hack in some way the kit and use only the ACC for driving mode and a power bank for parking mode?
Or to connect the kit and ACC to the mount and the power bank with original cable directly to the camera. I expect the camera to take power from the mount when engine is running and from its own charging port (power bank) when engine is off.

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm really not familiar at all with any car electricity. I was planning to order all the relevant parts and hand them to a local proffesional for installation. I just want to know which fuse taps and fuses exactly I need to order. Can you guide me what should I be looking for. I don't have a multi meter but I probably can find a diagram of the fuse box.
Maybe this will help you to help me? :)https://www.autogenius.info/volkswagen-golf-mk7-2012-2018-fuse-box-diagram/
Tbh i always hardwire to radio wiring. Dont even need to go into the fusebox if done that way.

@aganildr

In case you still haven't bought one, Paypal 'payment request' via email is working, bought the hardwire kit. Contact Viofo for a 'payment request'.

One more question:
What will you do if you want the camera to work only when engine is running?
Maybe at some moment you want to quit the Parking Mode or camera to record continuously.

Disconnecting only the BAT wire from hardwire kit fuse is not helping.
1. Pressing the power button? :unsure:
2. Disconnecting the cable or camera every time you stop the engine? :cry:
3. Wiring again the original power cable? o_O
4. Inserting the BAT fuse tap into the ACC fuse tap? :alien:
5. Waiting for Viofo to implement a Menu function which is forcing the camera to record only when engine is running even it is connected to HK3? :coffee:
Other options?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
One more question:
Maybe at some moment you want to quit the Parking Mode or camera to record continuously.

Disconnecting only the BAT wire from hardwire kit is not helping.
Pressing the power button?
Disconnecting the cable every time you stop the engine?
Wiring again the original power cable?
Inserting the BAT fuse tap into the ACC fuse tap? :cool:
Waiting for Viofo to implement a Menu function which is forcing the camera to record only when engine is running even it is connected to HK3?
Other options?

enjoy,
Mtz
in your case I would use the "original power cable", I use the switches to control the cameras.

One more question:

Disconnecting only the BAT wire from hardwire kit fuse is not helping.
1. Pressing the power button? :unsure:
2. Disconnecting the cable or camera every time you stop the engine? :cry:
3. Wiring again the original power cable? o_O
4. Inserting the BAT fuse tap into the ACC fuse tap? :alien:
5. Waiting for Viofo to implement a Menu function which is forcing the camera to record only when engine is running even it is connected to HK3? :coffee:
Other options?

enjoy,
Mtz
Other options, as borik said use the original cable with usb to cigarette lighter cable. or just buy any 2 wire kit and wire it to an acc fuse.

i.e. ACC Wire status:
0v = Park mode,
5v = Normal mode
?
For mini0906 - in reverse (5v = Park mode).
So, I have a brand new 3HWK for a mini0906 if i wired my A129 up but used the acc to perm live and live to ign live, would that work ? I have the adapter for mini usb

Back