A129 3-wire kit

Waiting for my hardwire kit from Viofo to be delivered.

Is there a new firmware needed for my A129 Duo to get all this working? Think I'm currently on v1.3

Thanks
You need beta version 1.4. There is a link to it on the first post in one of the A129 threads.

Ah didn't realise it's still in beta. So Viofo have released the hardwire kit but the firmware to make it work is still in beta?

Any hard release date for full release ones @viofo?

You need beta version 1.4. There is a link to it on the first post in one of the A129 threads.
Why still in beta when the 3 wire already released? I feel like it should be finalized by now. Has anyone tried it yet?

Ah didn't realise it's still in beta. So Viofo have released the hardwire kit but the firmware to make it work is still in beta?

Any hard release date for full release ones @viofo?
Why still in beta when the 3 wire already released? I feel like it should be finalized by now. Has anyone tried it yet?
I assume they are still testing to make sure it's working as it should. Plenty of A129 owners are using the beta with the 3-wire kit and it seems to be OK. Couple of users have reported issues, but it could be unrelated to the beta. I was told the official release could be out next week.

I assume they are still testing to make sure it's working as it should. Plenty of A129 owners are using the beta with the 3-wire kit and it seems to be OK. Couple of users have reported issues, but it could be unrelated to the beta. I was told the official release could be out next week.
Thanks thats great to know.

Hi guys, I have one doubt about parking mode/motion detection. In my car, when it is totally off (without the start key), the cigarretes power has energy and the A129 starts recording. After 44 seconds without run the car, no keys, no movement, etc, the dashcam stops recording and the red light blinks. When there is a new movement in front of lens, so dashcam starts recording.
My doubt is: with this performance, I need to hardware kit for parking mode? I don't know if the energy on cigarretes power is forever or is for a certain time. My car is a Ford Focus MK3.5.

Just playing with some fuse taps and a Multimeter (MK4 Megane), I can find a permanant live thats un-used, but on checking some of the switched (Acc) fuses there seems to be a residual current after engine shut-off of 0.04A - would this affect the parking mode coming in (I haven't updated the FW yet to test functionality fully)
And I seem to remember reading a post last year re stop / start, how does the three wire kit handle it?

Hi guys, I have one doubt about parking mode/motion detection. In my car, when it is totally off (without the start key), the cigarretes power has energy and the A129 starts recording. After 44 seconds without run the car, no keys, no movement, etc, the dashcam stops recording and the red light blinks. When there is a new movement in front of lens, so dashcam starts recording.
My doubt is: with this performance, I need to hardware kit for parking mode? I don't know if the energy on cigarretes power is forever or is for a certain time. My car is a Ford Focus MK3.5.

FYI -I have a 'ford' van and the power to the sockets is live for thirty minutes after turning the engine off - not certain if the focus is the same though

I got my 3 wire kit today. The wires look very thin almost like a few strands of hair. Its not heavy guage wire. I guess that is a good thing as low amps.

Turn off parking mode. Leave the camera to record continuously after you switch off the engine. Then review the video to see if is still recording after 1-2 hours. If it is, then it seems likely to be a constant live 12v socket.

I received my official viofo 3 wire kit the other day and plan to install it next week. I currently have the rear cam lead reversed so that the 90degree bend is at the rear cam so hoping it won't cause an issue when I insert the new power cable. The base does not have the 4pin setup to utilise the trigger for parking mode so needs to go directly into the cam is that right?

I just wanted to check, will parking mode work correctly using the official FW provided by VIOFO or do I have to use a Beta FW? If so which FW is the most stable when is there a recent link to it?

Thanks, Jon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

think you need the beta, latest version would be best, power needs to be connected directly to the camera
Full release should be out now though and not a beta as the hardwire kit is released. I have mine but haven't installed yet

will be available with the download I think, dead easy though, download the firmware bin file, copy that to an empty memory card, power on the camera and it will do the rest

will be available with the download I think, dead easy though, download the firmware bin file, copy that to an empty memory card, power on the camera and it will do the rest

Ok, will do. Just need to find the right version now lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back