A129 Never stops recording in parking mode

It depends on the parking mode you select. My screenshot for parking mode is different because I selected Low Bitrate Recording, while yours is probably in Motion Detection.

Right, I have Auto Event Detection for parking mode enabled: The camera will record for 1 minute while a moving object is detected while parked and stop recording if no new movement.

I have the same issue mine is hardwired and the camera is constantly recording even when the car is off.

Right, I have Auto Event Detection for parking mode enabled: The camera will record for 1 minute while a moving object is detected while parked and stop recording if no new movement.

How do you get the parking mode to work? I have it hard wired and parking mode is enabled with the auto detection, motion off and plugged into the camera and it just constantly records. It doesnt shut off.

How do you get the parking mode to work? I have it hard wired and parking mode is enabled with the auto detection, motion off and plugged into the camera and it just constantly records. It doesnt shut off.
Are you hearing a double beep when you shut off the car and the camera changes over to parking mode?

Not sure I have the beep turned off but the red recording light stays on constantly and the videos are recording every 3 min.

Make sure your running firmware V1.5 and that your ACC yellow wire is connected to a fuse that is only on when the car is on. Test the fuse with a meter, don't assume it's not live just because whatever the fuse powers has no power when car is off. Turn on beeps so you can hear when (if) the camera is entering parking mode. The car icon in the top left of the LCD screen should change too when parking mode engages.

Ok so it did do a double beep and the little person icon came on. Is that right?

Parking mode is on, when in park it does the double beep and switches to the little guy icon. I checked to see what it's been recording and it records every 3 minutes non stop even in parking mode.

Parking mode is on, when in park it does the double beep and switches to the little guy icon. I checked to see what it's been recording and it records every 3 minutes non stop even in parking mode.
Where are you parked? I’m guessing it’s sensing some kind of movement.

Random places, there is movement but the videos I watch I dont see any motion.

That's pretty sensitive, well guess itl just keep recording all day.

If you park frequently in busy areas, or in the place you parked there is movement from the trees, you'd better use low bitrate parking mode.

Ok so now I figured out how to turn it off when I turn off the car. So original setting was parking mode on auto detection and when placed in park it would beep 2 times and show the little guy. Then in drive it would switch to drive mode but the recording light would constantly stay on. Now I was told about time lapse and I turn in on to 30 sec. Now the camera has a little clock the little guy icon is gone and now it turns off when the car is off. So now I'm confused on these settings. I just want it to record while driving, go into parking mode when in park, turn off when the car is off and only turn on if motion is detected.

Do I have to keep switching settings everytime I park and drive? Time lapse and parking mode cancel out each other. So idk which to use. Or I guess how to use them. When driving and parked.

Or do I want time lapse with motion detection on and parking mode off?

Good news! It was the radio that was on. So it looks like the camera is working as intended, though I still need to figure out how to turn off the screen when it is in parking mode. Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: parking mode will leave the camera on constantly( red recording light does not turn on or off when the car Is on or off) from drive to park it does the beeps and the little person comes on. When i turn on motion detection it disables parking mode and the camera will turn on and off when the car gets turned on and off.

UPDATE: parking mode will leave the camera on constantly( red recording light does not turn on or off when the car Is on or off) from drive to park it does the beeps and the little person comes on. When i turn on motion detection it disables parking mode and the camera will turn on and off when the car gets turned on and off.

Correct, motion detection will not work in Parking Mode. Using the mobile app to configure this feature will display an error if you try. Event Detection is essentially, as stated above, any slight motion it will record. There is no way to turn down the sensitivity, unlike a Thinkware F800. I too had the same question, but my icon switches from when car is on (it's the icon of a car) to when the car is off (little guy walking..) BBMC confirmed it's set up correctly and in Park Mode. Sadly it's just super sensitive... Bird flying by, leaves blowing on trees, shadows... I too wish it would just go to sleep and only turn on when something happens.

However, there is supposed to be a beta-release of buffered mode, hopefully that will have some additional parking features.

Even my Thinkware F800 does the same thing... I turned the sensitivity to the lowest setting and it still picks up the slightest motion caused by just about anything... light changes, etc. So yeah, I have hours of just video footage of starting at my garage door, or the house across the street (from the back camera).

The nuances and documentation could be a little better in this arena... but that's what the forum is for.

Back