A129 Pro firmware

Not sure if the EV will need adjusting for the winter in the UK. It tends to be very gloomy and more likely to require a EV+ setting.

-2/3EV on the retail unit, with CPL

b1-X3.png

-1/3EV on the original prototype unit, again with CPL

a1-X3.png

Bit bright this winter sun in Preston, lol...

-2/3EV on the retail unit, with CPL

b1-X3.png

-1/3EV on the original prototype unit, again with CPL

a1-X3.png

Bit bright this winter sun in Preston, lol...
It would be interesting to see what happens in motion. For example how fast it compensates or adjusting to sudden changes in that scenario...

Last edited:
It is hard to tell what is to blame here. Sun is very bright and like Nigel said shadows are too dark. The camera is picking on what is dominating the picture which I think is the shaded area.

It is hard to tell what is to blame here. Sun is very bright and like Nigel said shadows are too dark. The camera is picking on what is dominating the picture which I think is the shaded area.
The shadows are dark due to the low sun at this time of year at 54 degrees north, and it being less than 2 hours after sunrise, there is a lot more contrast than in the summer months.

2 whole minutes of video driving through the city centre, and not a single other vehicle moving!

My A129 Pro had about 5 second missing video.

Everyday about 30 minutes drive, I will hear a beep beep sound from my A129Pro and discovered my video stop and start recording and missing about 5 seconds clips. While recording it just had the beep beep sounds. The unit did not switch Off and restart.

Anyone experience this?

And Yes, I'm using A129pro stock power cable and using Samsung evoplus 128gb, 100mbs read, 90mbs write sdcard.
Firmware 1.1

Yes, it is a known bug in that firmware version. I had it too and if I remember correctly, I think it is present on v1.0 as well

And Yes, I'm using A129pro stock power cable and using Samsung evoplus 128gb, 100mbs read, 90mbs write sdcard.
Firmware 1.1
Just out of curiosity, what is your loop recording time set at?

Hello, a thing that bothers me is: every time I am flashing the firmware on the Viofo 129Pro all the settings are gone, and the camera is reset to the factory settings.
Is it possible to make the camera keep the settings during the update?

Thanks,
Michele

Hello, a thing that bothers me is: every time I am flashing the firmware on the Viofo 129Pro all the settings are gone, and the camera is reset to the factory settings.

Thanks,
Michele

Actually it is recommended to reset to the factory default after each firmware update to avoid having any issues with the dashcam.

Thanks,
Michele
I think the recommended procedure after flashing FW is to default setting (manually) and press the reset button for 5s to clear the memory buffer? I followed these steps as provided by @CaptureYourAction website. Kinda make sense so i just repeat the steps if i were to flash FW again.

Yes, it is a known bug in that firmware version. I had it too and if I remember correctly, I think it is present on v1.0 as well
Would the 1.2 firmware fix this issue? And where can I download it?

No idea if this v1.2T2 will solve your problem but can give it a try. So far i do not have issue in parking mode after flashing it. But will need some more testing.

The said firmware could be good for addressing parking mode that i faced but nonetheless you might want to give it a go.

Last edited:
I haven’t had the beep beep since I downloaded the v1.2 over a week ago. Hopefully it doesn’t come back eventually.

The Night Footage was bad. Can't even see car license plate number. It is completely wash out. Is this a problem of being 4k Resolution that it is not suitable for night footage?

I haven’t had the beep beep since I downloaded the v1.2 over a week ago. Hopefully it doesn’t come back eventually.
Is it 1.2T2? it show this code after I installed it

Back