A129 Pro firmware

VIOFO A129 PRO head to head against BlackVue DR900S:

Very good comparison and they both very close to each other as for image quality.

VIOFO A129 PRO head to head against BlackVue DR900S:
By comparison to the DR900S, the A129 Pro metering appears more sensitive to changes between bright light and shadows on the road and on the front of the car. In the very first scene, passing shadows from trees and the bus, the DR900S exposure remains almost the same, while the A129 Pro shifts are very noticeable.

Perhaps the A129 Pro would benefit from a change to the exposure tables that ignores, or reduces the weighting of, the lower 1/4 of the image?

Last edited:
EV1 setting on the Viofo showes s slight improvement over EV0 and the BlackVue 900. Have you done other brightness settings for the blackvue other than settings 4

Last edited:
EV1 setting on the Viofo showes s slight improvement over EV0 and the BlackVue 900.
Both A129P and DR900S were set to 4K 30fps mode.

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Both A129P and DR900S were set to 4K 30fps mode.

Which firmware were you running? I only just got up to 0920 today so have left it at defaults for initial testing but currently prefer lower EV values (with the CPL anyway - my car doesn't fare so well without in the day due to reflections!)

Which firmware were you running? I only just got up to 0920 today so have left it at defaults for initial testing but currently prefer lower EV values (with the CPL anyway - my car doesn't fare so well without in the day due to reflections!)
A129P is the most recent build 20190920, DR900S is v1.012.

Honestly @viofo, for front cam, I think you nailed it with the firmware used in initial testing. Exposure and color saturation were great. Of course license plate legibility etc. needs optimizing but overall it was a beautiful image.

I really want to pre-order but think I'll wait for a fix to the exposure issues shown in evad's DR900S comparison video above.

Give YouTube a little bit to process at the higher resolutions, but here is some footage from the other day using the latest firmware and EV set to -1/3. Anyone else think it looks a little grainy? Just expecting a little more crispness.

Give YouTube a little bit to process at the higher resolutions, but here is some footage from the other day using the latest firmware and EV set to -1/3. Anyone else think it looks a little grainy? Just expecting a little more crispness.

Looks a little dark. I'd aim the lens down a click or two, you've got a lot of sky there.

reflections from your dash are killing the quality, need a CPL filter to improve that

reflections.jpg

I have installed CPL filters on both cameras(A129) and makes a big difference..
Me too, although I will probably remove them when both my morning and afternoon commute are in darkness.

Still on build 920:

As darkness falls, this is an incident I passed on the way home on Monday

No indication on local police pages, so you're guess is as good as mine...

I don't know if this is an arrest, or an accident...

I'm having multiple problems with the A129 Pro on build 0920. The camera frequently stops recording, usually on the front camera.

Card is 64GB Viofo MLC U3, formatted in camera.

Last edited:
I have also noticed duplicate frames on the A129 Pro rear camera. Sometimes it is 1/15 frames, sometimes 1/6 frames. So far I have only seen it in low light. I have not seen any skipped frames on the front camera.

I have also noticed duplicate frames on the A129 Pro rear camera. Sometimes it is 1/15 frames, sometimes 1/6 frames. So far I have only seen it in low light. I have not seen any skipped frames on the front camera.
H264 or H265?

I've just checked 2 three minute H264 files from yesterday and found zero duplicate frames on the front and zero duplicate frames on the rear.

H264. 1min loop. High bitrate.

No problems with h2testw or CrystalDisk
1570100212565.png 1570101261673.png

Back