A129 Pro firmware

do not install version 2.8 - it has a bug
version 2.5-2.7 has a bug - dark video files
the version is 2.5 is the last one that is ok
It is not a bug, we just have adjusted its configuration, if you do not like its effect, you can try old firmware, you may contact us directly for old firmware.

WTF is this 2.9 everyone is talking about?
The official version locks all videos under AED (Auto Event Detention) parking mode, V2.9 has unlocked this feature for someone who does not want all videos being locked in this mode.
You may come to us if you want it.

It would still like to think about the owners of CPL filters.
On-off CPL .
When using the CPL filter, the videos are very dark.

I'd like a copy of firmware version 2.9 please. The locked auto detect files are a pain to go through and delete

It would still like to think about the owners of CPL filters.
On-off CPL .
When using the CPL filter, the videos are very dark.
I would support a menu option where use of a CPL filter front or rear could be logged and settings automatically adjusted accordingly. After all, Viofo sell the CPLs...
V2.10?

I have just recently upgraded my 2 x A129 Pros and both of them now has the wifi light on full time and mic light off. When I press the last button to turn on wifi, the mic light comes on. And on one A129 Pro i have, the wifi does not turn on with an error "AP Mode - connecting:fail" I tried reinstalling the V2.8 Build 20220308 firmware again but with no success. It has only happened today when i installed this firmware. Is this a know problem or can i downgrade to the previous firmware?

Also, how do customers get notified if there is a new version of firmware available?

Thanks

Also, how do customers get notified if there is a new version of firmware available?
You can click the "Watch" button at the top of this thread.

Is this a know problem or can i downgrade to the previous firmware?
I've not heard of the problem before, normally you can downgrade to previous firmwares without issue, although sometimes hardware gets updated making it not possible. I suggest using the customer support on Viofo's website and supplying your serial number, they should know what the issue is and any firmware incompatibilities.

Alternatively @VIOFO-Support here might help...

I would support a menu option where use of a CPL filter front or rear could be logged and settings automatically adjusted accordingly. After all, Viofo sell the CPLs...
V2.10?
What would this do? The camera uses auto exposure. The CPL drops the light by one stop (50%) the auto exposure will automatically compensate for that as much as it can. What else can the camera do when told it has a CPL filter?
I'd rather have something that automatically removed the CPL when the light drops below a certain level like some trail cameras have for the IR filter.

Since version 2.7, videos using CPL are dark, so there must have been some intervention in the firmware.
There is no excuse for automatic exposure.

Since version 2.7, videos using CPL are dark, so there must have been some intervention in the firmware.
I don't think the CPL filter has anything to do with this, the camera does not even know it is there. I expect during the day the image would look the same brightness whether the CPL is there or not.
There is no excuse for automatic exposure.
I'm not sure what you are suggesting here. Do you mean you want manual exposure control? Automatic exposure is necessary for these cameras so they can work at noon on a sunny day, and at midnight with no artificial lighting beyond the headlights.

I don't think the CPL filter has anything to do with this, the camera does not even know it is there. I expect during the day the image would look the same brightness whether the CPL is there or not.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting here. Do you mean you want manual exposure control? Automatic exposure is necessary for these cameras so they can work at noon on a sunny day, and at midnight with no artificial lighting beyond the headlights.
The cpl filter is not colorless. that is, looking out of a vehicle with window film will not be the same as looking through a window without window film, and the brightness balancing may be worse than the image without CPL.

However, I would like to provide a better, more readable and balanced image by providing a positive change in the wdr intervention, which can be selected in the menu specific to the a129 pro, whether it is cpl or window film.

A CPL does not affect the color, it affects polarized light only. It's primary purpose is to block the reflections from windshields so you don't see an overlay of your dashboard on the image. It also tends to allow you to see into other cars so you can see the driver. Other side effects are that it can make blue skies appear darker since the scattered light is somewhat polarized, and tempered glass does weird things to polarize light resulting in colors in a blue sky, and patterns of dark spots in the tempered glass.
I don't believe there is anything you can do with exposure adjustments to "fix" these effects.
If you don't like these effects, the best you can do is to remove the CPL filter.

it is not necessary to remove the CPL filter
just downgrade to version 2.5
there is everything fine
every higher version is bad

it is not necessary to remove the CPL filter
just downgrade to version 2.5
there is everything fine
every higher version is bad
It is actually not a camera issue, we just have adjusted the configuration of firmware, while we are working on a new firmware that will make the image brighter, so no need to revert back to old firmware V2.5. I shall inform you guys when it is ready, is that ok?

It is actually not a camera issue, we just have adjusted the configuration of firmware, while we are working on a new firmware that will make the image brighter, so no need to revert back to old firmware V2.5. I shall inform you guys when it is ready, is that ok?
Yes, please.

Back