The new A139 FW, released on 26th.

Change log:

1. Added voice notification for external MIC inserted or removed.
2. Fixed the GPS coordinates not showing issue.
3. Hold REC 5 seconds longer to format the card while not in recording.
4. Other bug fix and IQ update(minor change)
Link doesn't work on Mac OS or IOS. Seems to want to auto connect to drive google and does nothing. Apparently violating Apple privacy policies. Can you use another source. Provide a direct link....

Link doesn't work on Mac OS or IOS. Seems to want to auto connect to drive google and does nothing. Apparently violating Apple privacy policies. Can you use another source. Provide a direct link....
My iPhone is happy to download it from that link although that isn’t the latest fw linked on here.

Am I missing something guys, where ya'll getting the latest A139 firmware? It's not listed on VIOFO's support page...

@phil6891 In the first post of this thread is v1.0_1126(i assume beta/for testers), v1.0_1221 should be (probably) preinstalled in cams, v1.0_1228 is a beta from this post. There indeed is nothing at the Viofo website...

Last edited:
@phil6891 In the first post of this thread is v1.0_1126(i assume beta/for testers), v1.0_1221 should be (probably) preinstalled in cams, v1.0_1228 is a beta from this post. There indeed is nothing at the Viofo website...
yes 1221 was preinstalled in my cam. Is it available for downloading? 1228 is even worse than preinstaled FW. I want to downgrade it to factory

1221 was pre flashed on mine too, just odd why these firmwares aren't listed on their website yet, and what the change notes are. Going to wait until there's some clarity from Vivfo here, as I'd prefer to download these from the source.

Uuuuu, the mysterious 20210324. Thanks!

Any list of changes?
  • Add Israel and Poland language voice prompt.
  • Fixed the interior and rear cam image rotation and mirror bug
  • Support deletes locked files on app.

@viofo Thanks! Is there enough space for languages that are otherwise supported in the menus of dashcams with displays?

Unfortunately, next to self-locking buttons (same for FW20210324), i noticed two other issues.

I don't know why but my front unit switched multiple times from 1440p/30fps to 1440p/60fps all by itself(at FW20201228, will see how about FW20210324) in past few days. Another odd thing is that since the day one, it was producing 1440p/30fps in h.265 (173MB/min) and 1440p/60fps in h.264(203MB/min), set at maximum bitrate. After update to FW20210324 the 1440p/30fps as well as 1440p/60fps is now in h.264(both 203MB/min) - if i hadn't a second unit which is producing the same (1440p/30fps/h.264 - never checked until now) with the 20201228, i would believe/assume that's something which wasn't mentioned in the changelog, but because of the second unit, now i'm wondering how exactly i got h.265 in my first unit? :unsure: (it's not like someone misspelled a word in a paragraph of a website or something)

And there was an issue of some kind with corrupting files with previous firmware which was solved in 1228, if i recall correctly (never tried previous firmwares though). Does somebody encounter corrupting of filesystem in cards? Everytime i pull cards from my A139s, Windows claims "The Volume is Dirty" and the cards act basically as read-only. Doesn't matter whether it's WD Purple, Samsung Pro Endurance, it's not about age either (brand new WD Purple acts the same). The funny part is that when chkdsk /F is performed, it supposedly finds nothing, but volume is miraculously fixed. Sure, Windows is less tolerant for such things but still...

Last edited:
I had no such experience, i am currently using a cheap Toshiba memory card in the A139, which seem to work fine.
Next week i will get a new memory card to test, and it go strait into the A139 first.

@kamkar Thanks! And have you formatted the card in the dashcam? If so, is it formatting it to exFat or FAT32?

Yes formatted in camera on initial install, i also had the card out to look at footage a few days ago, but did not look at what kind of FAT it used.
I am going on a drive to visit my mother soon, will take a look when i get home.
The card is 128GB

• Add Israel and Poland language voice prompt.
  • Fixed the interior and rear cam image rotation and mirror bug
  • Support deletes locked files on app.
Loaded the fw last night and can confirm that it is possible to get the interior camera to show correctly now.
To get a 180 deg rotation you have to select both rotate and also mirror option.
It still seems to lock the buttons even in normal mode once it has been in park mode and remains this way until you either manually turn off the camera or disconnect its power supply.

That's a pain about the buttons locking still, I was going to try the firmware tonight.

FW 0315 supported exfat so I guess it will also be in this version. I use only FAT32 in all my cams and haven't noticed any cams changing that during in-cam formatting.

Phil

I tried running the camera with just the front (main) module, and it seems to force 1440p60 file mode. Is it just me or does the 60fps files look much blockier than 30fps ones?

FW 0315 supported exfat so I guess it will also be in this version. I use only FAT32 in all my cams and haven't noticed any cams changing that during in-cam formatting.

Phil
I just wanted to make sure because mine uses exFAT even with 20201228. And my experience from the past showed me that not everytime is everything the same for everybody (e.g. A129Pro was formatting to exFAT despite that for others to FAT32 :p - yes, we compared the same FW, i'm aware that they implemented it and then removed it)

Even the h.265 is weird now but it looked to me more logical than using 203MB/min for both 30fps and 60fps.

I tried running the camera with just the front (main) module, and it seems to force 1440p60 file mode. Is it just me or does the 60fps files look much blockier than 30fps ones?
If it uses 203MB/min as my unit, then it's no wonder. Double the frame rate with the same bitrate...

Btw: By "forcing" you mean that you don't have any other option in the app or it just changes by itself (after some time)?

Last edited:
Back