A139 Firmware

The instructions say the front LED will be blinking while upgrading, but I don't think there is a front LED?

Is VIOFO_A139_V1.1_0324 the latest version?

Ok, so the reason for that i saw h265 is because A139 has the same "hidden" codec option as other Viofo dashcams with displays. :D I wonder why it's possible to change it in the same way as for older dashcams by holding MIC button, instead of an option in mobile app.
As i've mentioned before, then it produces 173MB/min (at max), and same as for h264 (203MB/min), the bitrate is used for 30fps as well as for 60fps.

Last edited:
Am I meant to have a 21:9 option? I don't see it

Please consider allowing more than one wireless client to connect. I've found it only allows 1, which is different to A129.

Please consider allowing more than one wireless client to connect. I've found it only allows 1, which is different to A129.
How many do you want, and why do you want more than one?

The instructions say the front LED will be blinking while upgrading, but I don't think there is a front LED?
There is a row of LEDs on the front of the A139, some of them do blink while upgrading.

How many do you want, and why do you want more than one?

There is a row of LEDs on the front of the A139, some of them do blink while upgrading.

2 or 3 clients please, so I can automatically download videos when cars park at the office, like I was doing with A129.

Ah thanks about the LEDs, mine must not be updating. I'm finding it difficult to know if I am actually on the latest firmware as the version number doesn't seem to be listed on the web site.

Ah thanks about the LEDs, mine must not be updating. I'm finding it difficult to know if I am actually on the latest firmware as the version number doesn't seem to be listed on the web site.
You probably need a FAT32 formatted card. Many of us use an old 32GB or less size, without many files on, to ensure correct format for firmware updates.

Also make sure the file is correctly named and in the root folder, and extract the bin file out of the zip file if it is a zip file you have.

Thanks. I used a 16GB formatted with FAT32 with the HP Drive Formatter tool. Do you know what the version number shown in the app is, for the latest version?

Is VIOFO_A139_V1.1_0324 the latest version? It's astounding how disorganized this all is.

Is VIOFO_A139_V1.1_0324 the latest version? It's astounding how disorganized this all is.
You are not helping by repeating questions either. The latest official firmware is the one on Viofo's website.

These ones here are for testing and experimental functions, the one that was posted the latest is the most recent. I don't see the issue.

Btw: Viofo uses date scheme, 1.1_0324(v20210324) means March 24, 2021. Same goes for previous versions.

Last edited:
Hello. I’m not very technology savvy. I just had the A139 3 channel system installed and I’m guessing it is not possible to update the firmware through the app based off of taking a cursory look at the thread and also per my screen shot when I made an attempt.

Am I going to need to remove the main camera from the vehicle and connect it to a PC with the memory card in order to perform an update? Is it at all possible to do with an iPhone as I only have a work laptop and I’m not sure the security will allow me to do what is necessary given that I work for a financial institution and there is a lot they restrict on the computers. I’m willing to purchase a basic personal laptop if that’s what it takes to receive firmware updates.

Thank you for any help.

Mike
Sent from my iPhone

Am I going to need to remove the main camera from the vehicle and connect it to a PC with the memory card in order to perform an update?
All that is needed is to put the new firmware file on the memory card in the top level folder, then put the memory card in the camera and power on.

Not sure if you can do that via the app at the moment, I always copy the file onto the card.

Unless you really want the latest update, I'm not sure there is a good reason to bother updating it! The camera has been working very reliably since the first version, only a few improvements, and since yours is new it should have a recent version.

No thru the APP are not a option on most cameras.
For the most you DL the new firmware from the company's support / DL page, it might then need unzipping and most often contain a few files, but only the one named "something".bin is the actual firmware you put on a clean memory card and then put in the camera and then turn it on, the process should then run on its own, and the camera should reboot and start recording when it is done.

You then need to redo any settings you have made before, sadly dashcams are not able to take this into account yet, in my case it is mostly time zone + 1 - 2 other things i have to change.

Personally i use old small memory cards to do camera upgrades and not the big day 2 day memory cards i otherwise use.

The firmware file often come with a read me file beside the actual firmware file on how to do it.

The firmware files for the A139 are named FWA139.bin
So if you have downloaded several with the same name to the same place on your computer they will get a suffix by the computer, most often ( 1) - (2) and so on.
So in that case before you use the file be sure to remove the (?) so the file are just named FWA139.bin, and not for instance FWA139(2).bin

I generally have a drive where i put new firmware's in a separate folder named by the date i got the file, in that case you can have 100 of the same named file as they are in different named folders.

Either default or low, not sure which at the moment. It is not sharp acceleration that does it, normally it only happens when I pull out of a junction in 2nd gear and accelerate up to the 60mph speed limit before changing gear, it triggers either just before, or on the gear change.

Also triggers when crossing cattle grids, which most cameras don't, only A139 and B1W do regularly.

I think this was on default, but with an old firmware, and a 50mph speed limit (GPS is a little slow to catch up):

I did a test on mine, pulled out of a junction and accelerated hard up to 60 which didnt trigger anything. I then dabbed the brakes quite hard which didnt trigger either. Checked the camera yesterday and the only locked files from a g sensor trigger was once when i have closed the door, the g sensor was actually set to medium it seems as well.

Curiosity Question. Both the A129 and A139 support Station Mode. Meaning the cameras can connect to a router, hotspot, etc. I wonder if Viofo has any future plans to integrate station mode with "Live View" like Blackvue Cameras accomplish through the Cloud. Allowing you to view your vehicle from anywhere in the world, so long as the camera is connected to an internet source.

I guess Viofo would have to chime in if they have any future plans.

Back