A139 Firmware

In the latest firmware, there is no 2560x1080 resolution and no horizon line.
I put 21: 9 on the first firmware, it worked out great.
I hope VIOFO will take this into account in the new firmware!

I wasn't even aware there is/was 21:9 mode. :facepalm:

Ok, so the issue that camera switches after some time from 1440p/30fps to 1440p/60fps by itself is still present in FW20210324.

camera switches after some time from 1440p/30fps to 1440p/60fps

I assume thats if you run the front camera alone ?
I have not experienced this but when i run the front camera alone, like in the days after my car was broken into, then i have used 60 FPS

@kamkar Yeah, i bought a second unit for my rear so now i run both in single channel past few weeks. But interestingly, the rear(rear's front :D ) unit runs without parking mode (don't have a second HK3-C yet because Ali Viofo was taking his time to send it...) and i just noticed that it hadn't changed to 1440p/60fps yet, despite the front(front's front) unit changed the setting multiple times so it probably has something to do with switching modes.

Last edited:
Just purchased the A139 and got newest FW 1.1 updated. Can we please add the option to turning off the G-sensor during regular use?

I have a car stereo system that has alot of bass and A139 keeps detecting incidents during deep bass hits.

I rather manually lock videos when driving.

Yes we dont want any G-sensor on while driving.
Dont got any bass in my car, but once in the good old days :) lets just say i am glad i am not hearing impaired today. 3 X 12 " 500 watts each, that rocked a little 3 door euro hatchback.

Dont got any bass in my car, but once in the good old days :) lets just say i am glad i am not hearing impaired today. 3 X 12 " 500 watts each, that rocked a little 3 door euro hatchback.
2017 Prius C with 2x12s DVC about 700 watts @1Ohm.

1985 Opel kadett E 1.6 GT, primarily JBL side and back speakers, Boston acoustics subs and phoenix gold sub woofers ( Denon AMP pulling the side system )

Not one of the so called hot hatches, that would have been the 2.0 GTI version of the same car.

So I hit up Viofo on Facebook messenger about this, and they said would pass it onto their company. Then said "We will provide you a special firmware later."

@SawMaster @Mtrev So, according to Viofo's Facebook the button-lock in parking mode is indeed by design. To be honest, i don't like it (either in parking or normal mode). In case of an accident, cars can shut ACC off and won't turn on, then one isn't able to enable Wifi as the only access to footage at that moment. Or while parked, one is not able to flag an event in case of a light scratch (which probably won't be recognized by a G-sensor). Et cetera.

I can see the usecase, as @SawMaster mentioned before, when a car goes into unknown hands, to minimize an interference with camera, but when it's in owners hands...

@SawMaster @Mtrev So, according to Viofo's Facebook the button-lock in parking mode is indeed by design. To be honest, i don't like it (either in parking or normal mode). In case of an accident, cars can shut ACC off and won't turn on, then one isn't able to enable Wifi as the only access to footage at that moment. Or while parked, one is not able to flag an event in case of a light scratch (which probably won't be recognized by a G-sensor). Et cetera.

I can see the usecase, as @SawMaster mentioned before, when a car goes into unknown hands, to minimize an interference with camera, but when it's in owners hands...
That’s interesting then although it’s of little use being locked in parking mode if it then fails to unlock when back in driving mode.
Also if my car has been in parking mode for 1 hour then cut off, I start it and drive away the buttons work, at some point during my journey of around 40 mins they stop working again. Sounds like they haven’t perfected the option yet so would be better disabled until they do or with an option in the settings to disable it.

Having choices is always good, both in G-sensor and button locking. The only problem here is that a choice in button-locking might not be possible without having 2 FW's. I don't know how the SDK functions.

It would be nice if both these functions were menu choices or otherwise choosable by the owner ;)

Phil

Just purchased the A139 and got newest FW 1.1 updated. Can we please add the option to turning off the G-sensor during regular use?

I have a car stereo system that has alot of bass and A139 keeps detecting incidents during deep bass hits.

I rather manually lock videos when driving.
Or maybe make it a little less sensitive, I am still getting g-sensor events when I stop accelerating, if the engine is near maximum output at the time.

Or maybe make it a little less sensitive, I am still getting g-sensor events when I stop accelerating, if the engine is near maximum output at the time.
What do you have the G sensor set to? Mine is set to low and I've only had events store when I've caught pot holes. sharp acceleration and braking or even fast cornering don't trigger them on mine.

What do you have the G sensor set to? Mine is set to low and I've only had events store when I've caught pot holes. sharp acceleration and braking or even fast cornering don't trigger them on mine.
Either default or low, not sure which at the moment. It is not sharp acceleration that does it, normally it only happens when I pull out of a junction in 2nd gear and accelerate up to the 60mph speed limit before changing gear, it triggers either just before, or on the gear change.

Also triggers when crossing cattle grids, which most cameras don't, only A139 and B1W do regularly.

I think this was on default, but with an old firmware, and a 50mph speed limit (GPS is a little slow to catch up):

I had it set to lowest sensitivity. Viofo made me a custom FW which removed the. G-sensor and said they would include the option in future FW update.

Either default or low, not sure which at the moment. It is not sharp acceleration that does it, normally it only happens when I pull out of a junction in 2nd gear and accelerate up to the 60mph speed limit before changing gear, it triggers either just before, or on the gear change.

Also triggers when crossing cattle grids, which most cameras don't, only A139 and B1W do regularly.

I think this was on default, but with an old firmware, and a 50mph speed limit (GPS is a little slow to catch up):

Interesting seeing it in that video, the exhaust sounds quite loud could it be from that or something resonating? I’ll have a go pulling away and accelerating in mine a bit to see if any trigger.

My workvan has stiff suspension, and coupled with the bad roads here I get 1-2 g-sensor activations per week driving with it set to low. On high sensitivity closing the door normally will activate it. Not a problem for me but an option to turn it off would be nice ;)

And at least it does work- I've had several cams where an unsurvivable high speed crash would probably not active the g-sensor :cautious:

Phil

Back