Has anyone heard anymore from @viofo about the buttons locking up after parking mode has been used? I did message them at the end of march with a few details and asking if they wanted any tests doing but never received a response.
As it is it cannot be operating to design as it stops the ability to lock videos even whilst driving. Neither the incident button or the g sensor work when the fault is present. It seems the only way to restore functionality is to turn the camera off and back on.

Are they also locked coming out of parking guard ?
Will have a look at that tomorrow.

Has anyone heard anymore from @viofo about the buttons locking up after parking mode has been used? I did message them at the end of march with a few details and asking if they wanted any tests doing but never received a response.
I was communicating with Viofo in the middle of April or so, resulted in a possibility for some beta firmwares. Then at the end of April i sent them a question about whether the StationMode is actually implemented in the latest firmware or whether it's only at the MobileApp layer at the moment (as I assumed but I wanted to make sure), and was asking about button-lock issue (at least for the time during driving). With no response.

What surprises me more is that at this moment we are only two users who confirmed this issue. :unsure:

As it is it cannot be operating to design as it stops the ability to lock videos even whilst driving. Neither the incident button or the g sensor work when the fault is present. It seems the only way to restore functionality is to turn the camera off and back on.
Exactly (via remote button it works).

I have to admit that my car was at dealerstore recently and partially thanks to button-lock in parking mode it recorded some useful stuff, (thanks to no response to staff's attempts to do something via buttons - too bad there is still no bracket available to prevent power cable from being unplugged). So in such scenarios it's definitely a great feature.

But few days ago I almost got hit by a car and not only i wasn't able to flag the event, I got also into embarrassing situation when i was pointing at my dashcam and was offering the footage, then police officer approached me and asked to let him see the video and because I forgot the buttons were locked I tried to enable Wifi at first, then i realized it wouldn't work so i had to reboot the camera, wait for the announcement, then enable Wifi, then connect it to my phone, then i missclicked the app, then because the footage wasn't flagged i had to look for the particular file (which sometimes could be not that easy because the app doesn't load all thumbnails for all files at once), etc. Quite odd and funny... :p

Are they also locked coming out of parking guard ?

Will have a look at that tomorrow.
mine work for a short period then lock
For me it seems quite random. But sometimes it's happening as for @Mtrev .

Last edited:
My apologies for forgetting to check mine :( I'll try tomorrow if I don't forget again as I'm home for the day right now.

IMHO the vid 'lock' button should always function. I personally never use that in any cam (which is why I forget to test it) but still, it should work whether driving or parked. That's what it's there for.

Phil

I just purchased an A139 direct from VIOFO UK, and I'm just setting it up for the first time on the bench before installing with the HW kit.

I checked the firmware and it has come with VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507 This is newer than the one on the website and the one mentioned previously here, I haven't had a chance to do much except tweak settings, and due to inclement weather will not be able to install today.

I just purchased an A139 direct from VIOFO UK, and I'm just setting it up for the first time on the bench before installing with the HW kit.

I checked the firmware and it has come with VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507 This is newer than the one on the website and the one mentioned previously here, I haven't had a chance to do much except tweak settings, and due to inclement weather will not be able to install today.
Always give it a good test with the supplied firmware to make sure that it works correctly before upgrading or downgrading, otherwise if you find a fault, you don't know if you caused the fault or if the hardware is faulty!

I just purchased an A139 direct from VIOFO UK

I checked the firmware and it has come with VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507
Which model, 2, 3 cameras?
The menu, what is WDR and HDR worth?
They answered me, but I did not understand what they meant!
There is no update for this V1.2 version.
We are working new features for V1.2.

Which model, 2, 3 cameras?
The menu, what is WDR and HDR worth?
They answered me, but I did not understand what they meant!
A139 3ch

I haven't had a chance to install yet, too cold and wet here, so haven't tested WDR in real life scenario, but my understanding is it attempts to increase the dynamic range so the sky doesn't over expose.

I am having the same problem as you guys. Buttons not working after a certain time while driving but the cam still seems to record. I also agree with the fact that it would be nice to still be able to use the buttons while in Parking Mode (excepting WiFi maybe to protect the battery)

A feature that would be also great is to be able to only activate the mic during parking mode. While I am driving I don't need to record the sound but when I am parked, it might be useful to hear if someone is hitting the car for example.

Maybe a special Thread for requests would be a good idea?! Don't know how Viofo is reacting to customer wishes.

Do the lights still stay on during parking mode?

Before everyone tells me to read the damn manual, I'd like to make clear, I cannot. I purchased the Viofo A139 and the box I got had a GERMAN MANUAL. Yea, what the F*CK. Thanks Viofo......Going to Open a Ticket.

Installed camera today.

Questions:

My Camera is running firmware: Viofo_A139_V1.2_0507 - Is this the newest Firmware? Or is there an updated one?

If I don't shut off the camera, before turning off my car, the camera enters park mode. The Power button appears to do nothing once camera is in park mode? Is this a bug or by design?

3. If I turn on Wifi but then shut off my car, and the car enters park mode, Wifi Disables. Is this by Design?

How do I turn on and use Station Mode after the car is shut off and camera enters Park Mode? - No Manual Remember. Per #3, with Wifi, the Wifi Disables once the car Enters Park Mode. And Not sure how to start Station Mode as no manual.

What I don't like:

1. Those cables are very rigid. I got sent 90 degree cables. I spent 1.5 hrs trying to find a good placement for interior camera. Moving those cameras even the slightest caused the cables to wiggle enough that the cameras dropped out. I.E. Now entering 2 channel or 1 channel recording. Those new skinny cables are rigid, inflexible, and offer no give. I am not sure I like them over the old A129 Cables. Which had some give.

In my limited testing, which I will do far more today, the cameras works fine once I have mounted all 3 cameras, and 3 Channel works so long as those cables aren't being moved around.

2. Interior Camera is a So So Setup. I liked the Unibody Zenfox T3 with Front + Interior. Of course, that camera overheated and had design flaws. With my Volvo and the Damn Mirror Design, there was no optimal placement where the mirror didn't obstruct the interior camera.

A. I could have mounted up top, but then the mirror cut off some vantage points. Plus, the Sunvisor obstructed the driver if utilized.

B. I could have mounted dead center of my windshield. This offered the ABSOLUTE best Placement with no obstruction.

C. I opted for about 4 inches / 6CM from the top and about 8 inches / 20 CM to the left of center. While I have a great 360 view, I lose half of the back passenger. Also, the sunvisor if used obstructs the driver and I can only see passenger seat.

Option "B" while the best choice, left me with a camera and cable in the dead center of window. Sort of an eye sore. So a 360 degree view, albeit very little view with sunvisor, was the next best thing.

Last edited:
Teach me German and I'll be happy to read it front to back!
Kein Problem, wann willst du anfangen?

on a more serious note if there's something you need to know before you get a reply back if you use the Google Translate app on a smartphone you can point the camera at the text to translate on the fly

MANUAL IS ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS...DOESN'T ANSWER A SINGLE ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS!

Please chime in with Support.

Questions:

1. My Camera is running firmware: Viofo_A139_V1.2_0507 - Is this the newest Firmware? Or is there an updated one?

2. If I don't shut off the camera, before turning off my car, the camera enters park mode. The Power button appears to do nothing once camera is in park mode? Is this a bug or by design?

3. If I turn on Wifi but then shut off my car, and the car enters park mode, Wifi Disables. Is this by Design?

4. How do I turn on and use Station Mode after the car is shut off and camera enters Park Mode? - No Manual Remember. Per #3, with Wifi, the Wifi Disables once the car Enters Park Mode. And Not sure how to start Station Mode as no manual.

Version 1.2 Firmware lists station Mode as an Option when connected via Wifi. However, I can't seem to get it working.

What I don't like:

1. Those cables are very rigid. I got sent 90 degree cables. I spent 1.5 hrs trying to find a good placement for interior camera. Moving those cameras even the slightest caused the cables to wiggle enough that the cameras dropped out. I.E. Now entering 2 channel or 1 channel recording. Those new skinny cables are rigid, inflexible, and offer no give. I am not sure I like them over the old A129 Cables. Which had some give.

In my limited testing, which I will do far more today, the cameras works fine once I have mounted all 3 cameras, and 3 Channel works so long as those cables aren't being moved around.

2. Interior Camera is a So So Setup. I liked the Unibody Zenfox T3 with Front + Interior. Of course, that camera overheated and had design flaws. With my Volvo and the Damn Mirror Design, there was no optimal placement where the mirror didn't obstruct the interior camera.

A. I could have mounted up top, but then the mirror cut off some vantage points. Plus, the Sunvisor obstructed the driver if utilized.

B. I could have mounted dead center of my windshield. This offered the ABSOLUTE best Placement with no obstruction.

C. I opted for about 4 inches / 6CM from the top and about 8 inches / 20 CM to the left of center. While I have a great 360 view, I lose half of the back passenger. Also, the sunvisor if used obstructs the driver and I can only see passenger seat.

Option "B" while the best choice, left me with a camera and cable in the dead center of window. Sort of an eye sore. So a 360 degree view, albeit very little view with sunvisor, was the next best thing.

Last edited:
Back