A229 Pro Test & Review PP

I am not convinced.

Have you done a test where you have the issue, swap the firmware without making any other changes, and then see the issue disappear the same night on the same camera? Clearly your images above from the different firmwares are also from different cameras.

I also see it at 2:02, where there is a clear difference in angle of the streaks between the car in the centre of the image and the car to the left of centre. There it looks as though the cars in the centre are seen through a bit of windshield where the wipers are vertical and the cars to the left are seen through a bit of windshield wiped by the other wiper where it is at 10°.

I put these streaks down to dirt or scratches in the windshield, probably caused by the wiper blades. The streaks in your no windshield videos can't be caused by that though!
What do I get if I prove you wrong, and win this argument? Lol

why the recommendation of the A229 Plus over the Pro in 3 Channel configuration?
Welcome to the club.
The “achilles heel” of the A229 Pro is the IR Interior camera.
When the IR Interior camera is connected, it cuts the Front camera’s Bitrate in “half” from 60 Mbps down to 36 Mbps.
Lower Bitrate = Lower Image Quality
The REAR camera does not change the Front camera’s Bitrate because it has it’s own processor.

However, there are two reasons I still recommend buying the 3-CH version over the 2-CH version.
1.) The initial price difference is only $20.
If you buy the the 2-CH, and want to add the IR Interior camera later it will cost you $70 ala cart.
2.) When the camera is used in Parking Mode all channels record at a Bitrate of 4 Mbps.
So there is no reduction in image quality with IR Interior camera connected, and you get the benefit of the IR Interior camera looking out the SIDES of your windows that are not visible by the Front & Rear cameras.
So, in Normal Recording Mode driving down the road I would unplug the IR Interior camera so the Front camera can have its 60 Mbps Bitrate.
And, when I park I will plug the IR Interior camera back in.

The A229 Plus Front camera does not have this Bitrate reduction when the IR Interior camera is connected.
Because the A229 Plus front camera is only 2K, (4K needs the 60 Mbps Bitrate).
Any minute Nigel is going to come in here at refute everything I just said. lol
-Chuck

2-CH .png
3-CH .png
$70 .png

In my opinion, the A229 Pro in 4K with a bitrate of 36 Mbit/s has better video quality than the A229 Plus in 2K with a bitrate of 29 Mbit/s.
Although I did not test both models at the same time.

I can see the logic in that. I did order the Pro 3 Ch today though. Even with the slower bit rate it will still a bit (7Mbit/s) better. Just on a wild off tangent thought, could you plug a second rear camera into the interior wire? Would that change the bitrate or does the processor automatically throttle the main camera back?

Some extra reputation points, from many people pressing the (y)Like button :ROFLMAO:
This side quest requires more time.
I need to move forward with testing night time HDR performance, and also the A229 Plus.

Even with the slower bit rate it will still a bit (7Mbit/s) better.
If you lower the 60 Mpbs Bitrate of a 4K camera you will loose the capability to capture important details for evidence.
@rcg530 documented this with the A139 Pro.
A139 Pro 1-CH = 58 Mbps
A139 Pro 2-CH = 44 Mbps
A139 Pro 3-CH = 26 Mbps

1 .png

Skip to 17:06 to see;

could you plug a second rear camera into the interior wire?
The rear camera does not work with the IR Interior output jack, and vice versa.
I tested this.

IMG_1327.pngIMG_1328.pngIMG_1329.png

Is there a new 1.3 firmware? When I tap Upgrade it downloads 63MB of something but it stops at 1 when trying to upload and gives an error a few moments after.

we will also release a new accessory for A229 Plus & Pro
I love it when you tease us. Lol
Am I allowed to guess?
1.) Remote camera with telephoto lens for license plate capture (1080p STARVIS 2)
2.) Waterproof Rear Camera
3.) Suction Cup Mount
4.) 1 Meter “short” Rear cable
5.) CPL Filter for Rear Camera
6.) 2 Button Bluetooth Remote (2nd button programmable function)
7.) 360° Swivel Mount for IR Interior camera
8.) IMX678 Rear Camera
9.) IMX675 IR Interior Camera
10.) Box Version
11.) External Heat Sink
12.) Heat Blocking Mount
I give up, am I close?

Item 5, I really hope it's item 5

Anti-Theft Phased Plasma Module 40 Watt Range
That is a bit too ambitious, I don't even understand what Phased Plasma is, plasma is not a wave, so does not have phases, seems like low quality science fiction!

I don't even understand what Phased Plasma is, plasma is not a wave, so does not have phases, seems like low quality science fiction!
You have disappointed me twice in the last 24 hours with your lack of sarcasm detection.
And how dare you Sir, refer to Arnold as low quality. lol

Back