A800 skips recording videos

FoxKhan

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I have an A800, not A800S, but will take the liberty to post here because this thread is more active and the problem might be common with A800S too. If I did wrong, please delete or move to the right thread.

So, my A800 is about 2.5 years old, used for around 5000-6000 km (so relatively little time in the car), never dropped, never kept in the heat or cold, latest available firmware, hardwired to the car according to instructions.

I have tried/used it with several cards like the Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB, Sandisk High Endurance 64 GB, Kingston Canvas Go! Plus 64 GB and Samsung Evo Plus 64 GB.

A few months ago, I realized it skips recordings, screen is on, everything functions as it should, but when I check the recordings later I find that some footage is missing, starting with a few minutes to longer intervals.

I looked for what caused the problem, afterwards for solutions, recently I have contacted customer support. At first, they gave me a modified firmware, but when that did not solve the problem, they told me they were aware it was a hardware problem but they can't do anything else to help me.

So, here I am, hoping that maybe somebody had the same problem and found a fix. If you did, please help! Thank you!

Fox

Back