About autoexec.ash files - for new users

I've only made this so far:
That was pre-resolution fix and using PTGui's bulk stitcher. I'm gonna save up some money to purchase a Kolor license as I don't think PTGui is going to work out as a long-term solution. I've shot some stuff today and will hopefully upload soon!
Care to describe how you did it? I assume you need more than one camera to do that sort of thing.

I must just be an Idiot. your chrpautoexec.ash made a chirp at the very beginning of boot up.
1. I noticed your first line in script was blank like the last line. The ones I've been using are not. Could that be the issue.
2. I was under the impression that my app would show my new resolution when I get a script to work. Is that correct?
Thanks

Ok, I got it!!!!! I took your script and pasted the lines I wanted into it, making sure to leave a line blank above and below. Guess what, it works! I about gave up on it.

Thank you so much, and for your willingness to help!

P.S. Is there a good script for making the images sharper on 1080 60p. Mine are too soft for my liking.

Ok, I got it!!!!! I took your script and pasted the lines I wanted into it, making sure to leave a line blank above and below. Guess what, it works! I about gave up on it.
"Never give up!"
- not sure who said that...
P.S. Is there a good script for making the images sharper on 1080 60p. Mine are too soft for my liking.
LOL! Yeah, everyone's looking for that. But nobody's found how to do it yet.

<Edit> About the blank line at the top of the script ... no, doesn't matter.

Last edited:
This is a noise reduction script.

#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#set noise reduction value to 2048
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

I believe Funneld said that a value of 1500 work good for sharpness. I not sure which value I would change to 1500. Do you know Squemish?

Been working on my earlier post. I changed both #'s in the last line and get results. the lower the more sharp. 0 on both #'s being no noise reduction

Been working on my earlier post. I changed both #'s in the last line and get results. the lower the more sharp. 0 on both #'s being no noise reduction
Do you mean like
t ia2 -adj tidx 0 0 -1
or
t ia2 -adj tidx 0 1500 0
or
t ia2 -adj tidx 0 0 0
or something else?

Care to describe how you did it? I assume you need more than one camera to do that sort of thing.

Sure thing, I've got 6 xiaomi yi's hooked onto this rig: http://goo.gl/tCOmnz
That video was made by creating a PTGui template based off of a single frame from each camera and then batch applied frame by frame. The results weren't that great due to masking (hence the glitching effect) So I'm trying out Kolor's software.

I'll try to post up some footage with the new settings soon!

Here is what I did on the last command not actually just the last line.

Below is the original last cammand

This is what I changed, complete command.

#set noise reduction value to 1000
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1000 -1

You can actually change the #'s I put at 1000 all the way down to zero. Gets pretty noisy in low light. I was testing indoors under a light last night. the sharpness It's not just a "blow you away" difference, but there is more detail.

P.S. Changing just the last line Might work as well. I'm still learning about scripts.

Here's the latest test with my xiaomi yi rig:

Here's the .ash:
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C

# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8

# Set Bitrate 50M bps
# writew 0xC05C2092 0x4248

t ia2 -adj tidx -1 0 -1

Thanks Squeamish!

Nice video, I believe your set up was used to make videos like this one.

Interesting idea, I actually never thought about modifications in dashcam memory using ambsh write commands... Thanks for sharing!

Interesting idea, I actually never thought about modifications in dashcam memory using ambsh write commands... Thanks for sharing!
Tobi@s, thanks! And special thanks for AFT - I guess you realize you're some kind of hero around these parts :)

Here's the latest test with my xiaomi yi rig:

Here's the .ash:
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C

# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8

# Set Bitrate 50M bps
# writew 0xC05C2092 0x4248

t ia2 -adj tidx -1 0 -1

Thanks Squeamish!
Nice job! Looks very sharp.

Here is what I did on the last command not actually just the last line.

Below is the original last cammand

This is what I changed, complete command.

#set noise reduction value to 1000
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1000 -1

You can actually change the #'s I put at 1000 all the way down to zero. Gets pretty noisy in low light. I was testing indoors under a light last night. the sharpness It's not just a "blow you away" difference, but there is more detail.

P.S. Changing just the last line Might work as well. I'm still learning about scripts.
Yeah, I've been trying different settings with that command for a couple of weeks now. That, in conjuction with a coring table using a variety of values, because I think they work together to bring the best sharpness. The coring table, as I understand it, creates an effect like unsharp masking from the old film days in photo labs. Unsharp masking helps give the appearance (or illusion) of sharpness to an image that is somewhat less than sharp.

That, in conjuction with a coring table using a variety of values

I will assume you mean camera/video coloring which I've since learned is paramount for true capture.

Please describe what you mean by "camera/video coloring". I searched the internet using several different search engines, but found nothing using those words, other than color correction tools. "Coring" is the correct term that I used relating to sharpness. Nothing to do with color. Not even a mis-spelling. :)

Testing 360 Video with 6xiaomi + RIG
Shoot time 25 mt and make it shrink to 3 minutes, take a lot of work,experiment
and understanding about video resolution

Anybody know how to do 4k panorama each POV?
I think xiaomi limit is just 4069 wide (*For panorama video)

reference
12K-4K-explanation.png

Back