About autoexec.ash files - for new users

Squeamish

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Xiaomi Yi is a great little inexpensive camera! Some owners will enjoy using it as it comes out of the box. But, the rest of us would like to see if we can squeeze a little more value-per-dollar out of it. One way of doing that is by modifying the firmware for the camera. You can learn all about doing that here. Another popular approach is to use an autoexec.ash script to change the way the camera works. You can learn about that by reading the attached text file.
And here are a couple of members' personal websites providing ready-made scripts that you can download:
Nutsey Nuts - http://nutseynuts.blogspot.com/2015/06/xiaomi-yi-action-cam-custom-scripts.html
funneld's Github repository - https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi/tree/master/autoexec.ash
Questions and comments are welcome.

Attachments

• About autoexec.ash scripts.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:
If someone want a blank script, he can use this..
Some rules:
  1. To Windows' users I recommend to use Notepad++, to MacOS' users I recommend to use TextEdit
  2. Place the string that you want you and save the file without changing the save settings
  3. You have to keep empty the last line, or the script does not work
  4. To use multiple strings, simply separate them by a blank line

(the text in italian inside can be deleted... it means what I've written above)

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    323 bytes · Views: 299
Thanks for replying and providing the link, but I was hoping to find out how or if I could use the info in the bitrate_address.txt to create my own autoexec?

Thanks for replying and providing the link, but I was hoping to find out how or if I could use the info in the bitrate_address.txt to create my own autoexec?

You need to look at the bitrate values under the old firmware version too and use that with the address information. Here are some examples at 35 mpbs

# set bitrate to 35 Mb/s
# 1920 x 1080 59.94
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x420C
# 1920 x 1080 30 fps
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x420C
# 1280 x 720 30 fps
writew 0xC05C2152 0x420C

with the bitrate value coming from this file

https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi...w/Bitrate/1920x1080_60fps_35Mbps/autoexec.ash

I use 35mbps for 2.3k, 1920 60fps and 30fps. It's good enough for me.

I don't know why, I can't change the bitrate for 1280p 120fps and 848p 240fps. I tried 35mbps and 18mbps. it stays at the default values which are really low !! (between 3 to 6 mbps)

Does any one succeed to change these bitrates ?

Guys how I edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file so scripts can work on my Yi.
when i unzip it to my yi it doesnt connect to my phone at all

Im new so any resources would be a help

anyone have tried this one? seems not working on my 22L 1.2.12 FW

#SET JPEG QUALITY TO 100
writeb 0xC0BC205B 0x64

Guys how I edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file so scripts can work on my Yi.
when i unzip it to my yi it doesnt connect to my phone at all

Im new so any resources would be a help
Read the text file attached to the first post of this thread.
You don't need the wpa_supplicant.conf file in order to use scripts.

Hi Squeamish, thank you very much for creating this beginner's guide! I'm trying to setup the same script that gkent mentioned however it's not taking. I've attached the autoexec file, which I believe is correctly formatted per your instructions for my 23L 1.2.12 FW and is loaded on a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra card. Any tips you could throw my way would be much appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    237 bytes · Views: 58
Hi Squeamish, thank you very much for creating this beginner's guide!
I'm pleased if you find it useful. :)
I'm trying to setup the same script that gkent mentioned however it's not taking. I've attached the autoexec file, which I believe is correctly formatted per your instructions for my 23L 1.2.12 FW and is loaded on a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra card. Any tips you could throw my way would be much appreciated, thank you!
I took a look at your script and find an error. In the line enabling the resolution, you use the command "writew" when I believe it should be "writeb". Everything else looks OK. I didn't test it to see that it works, but I believe that's all you need to change.
Lemme know! :)

I'm pleased if you find it useful. :)

I took a look at your script and find an error. In the line enabling the resolution, you use the command "writew" when I believe it should be "writeb". Everything else looks OK. I didn't test it to see that it works, but I believe that's all you need to change.
Lemme know! :)

Eureka! The resolution has scaled up and I can't wait to shoot more 360 content. Thank you very much for your help!

Eureka! The resolution has scaled up and I can't wait to shoot more 360 content. Thank you very much for your help!
Great!
Where can we see samples of what you're doing?

I ran across a website showing a bunch of small world and 360 degree panos, but can't find it now. Amazing images!

I have the same script onthetelly used. Just downloaded it and changed "writew" to "writeb" for resolution. Edited with Notepad++. Saved as is(didn't change settings). Put in root of SD. I am using custom firmware 1.2.12. I changed the bitrate before I flashed it. So it isn't stock firmware. Could this be why my script doesn't work? Thanks for any info. Sorry If this is a repeated question, but I haven't seen it anywhere and though I'd ask for help.

So, the script you have looks like the following, right?

Code:
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C

# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8

# Set Bitrate 50M bps
# writew 0xC05C2092 0x4248
This is the script onthetelly sent me, except with the fix already made.
Notice that the last line (line 9) is empty. It should not matter if your firmware is stock or uses modified bitrates. These scripts work with either. I don't have Windows, so, with regard to Notepad ++, please check if it is necessary to change a setting to provide Unix compatibility. I've never seen it, so don't know.
Lemme know what you find.
<Edit> What do you mean when you say it doesn't work?

Sorry, I meant the script isn't recognized by my device. Mine is just like urs with line 9 blank. Must be something that win 7 is changing. I had a problem with my firmware update too. Win 7 named it (.bin)(.bin). The firmware update didn't work till i figure out how to change the name to just (firmware.bin).

P.S.
The first few times I tried a script, I just downloaded an autoexec.ash file for what I wanted, extracted it and copied and pasted it to root of SD. Still no go.

Thanks

Last edited:
Great!
Where can we see samples of what you're doing?

I ran across a website showing a bunch of small world and 360 degree panos, but can't find it now. Amazing images!

I've only made this so far:
That was pre-resolution fix and using PTGui's bulk stitcher. I'm gonna save up some money to purchase a Kolor license as I don't think PTGui is going to work out as a long-term solution. I've shot some stuff today and will hopefully upload soon!

Sorry, I meant the script isn't recognized by my device. Mine is just like urs with line 9 blank. Must be something that win 7 is changing. I had a problem with my firmware update too. Win 7 named it (.bin)(.bin). The firmware update didn't work till i figure out how to change the name to just (firmware.bin).

P.S.
The first few times I tried a script, I just downloaded an autoexec.ash file for what I wanted, extracted it and copied and pasted it to root of SD. Still no go.

Thanks
Attached is a script. The script just causes the camera to make a very rapid chirping sound for a fraction of a second.
Rename it and try it in your camera and tell me what happens. Be sure sound is enabled in the mobile app, of course. :)

Attachments

• chrpautoexec.ash.zip
    233 bytes · Views: 81
Last edited:
Back