Amazon USA Bargain Deal

Go 4 channel. You know you want to ;)

After months of experimenting with 4 cameras I feel sort of "naked" without all four up and running. I'm always amazed by what the side cameras capture, especially things I wasn't aware of when they were happening. It's a whole new perspective!

sams.jpg

Shame it doesn't ship to Australia.
Also I find having to change its setting using PC software, not on the unit itself, is a pain.
That's the only thing that has kept me from buying a Mobius.

Man, sometimes it's so frustrating to live in a small 2nd world country... :oops:

That's the only thing that has kept me from buying a Mobius.
i find that with the cf100, once you find the settings you like (which doesn't take long since there aren't that many settings to change) it really is a set and forget device. now i only touch it when i need to take the card out to copy a video.

Deal has expired. the $90 price has skyrocketed to $95. ;)

I'm still trying to convince myself whether i want to replace my A118's with one of these... i like having a rear cam, but i've learned that it needs to have the lens near a defroster line in the back if you don't have a rear wiper. also having a real 2-channel unit will make it SO much easier to sync up video when i want to show both at the same time.

but my A118s still work, so it's hard to justify replacing something that isn't broken, even if it will be an upgrade for the front cam (though a downgrade for the rear).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kdenlive (which costs $0 - an attractive price to me!) allows you to set audio markers. i haven't played with it long enough to see if it has a function to automatically sync up two different videos based on audio though. however, since kdenlive shows the actual waveform of the audio, i can zoom in on the time line and then use certain loud or peaky events to sync them, such as hitting a pothole, a song starting (or a certain part of a song), a horn blast, etc... then once they're synced, subsequent clips fall into sync by default.

i had originally envisioned using the audio markers to sync up certain parts of a song to certain parts of a video... so maybe you turn a corner and there's this beautiful vista, and right at that moment the music changes to something inspiring... i've been playing around putting together short videos before i start work on my road trip videos, so i can get some practice. thankfully, that's all one-channel so no video syncing will be necessary, but there will still be effects needed, like speeding up/down (speed will likely be keyed to music), text overlays, transitions between clips, editing out fuel/photo stops, stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
...so it's hard to justify replacing something that isn't broken....
Keep talking like that and your "Tech Toy Junkie" membership will be revoked. :D

Keep talking like that and your "Tech Toy Junkie" membership will be revoked. :D
oh there's no danger of that... when redoing my home network to upgrade it to GigE, i wrote down a list of all the devices that connect... of course there was the usual things like laptops and desktops, tablets and phones (which are rooted of course), and two TIVOs (with hard drives that i upgraded) and a Roku... but also a Dell Poweredge R710 server... oh, and our thermostat. yes, the one for the house. so we can adjust the heat/ac from our phones. not to mention the equipment i have that belongs to the office. :)

most people have an old stereo in the garage. I have a cheap USB audio adapter plugged into the R710, connected to a set of altec lansing 2.1 PC speakers for music in the garage. :D

oh there's no danger of that... when redoing my home network to upgrade it to GigE, i wrote down a list of all the devices that connect... of course there was the usual things like laptops and desktops, tablets and phones (which are rooted of course), and two TIVOs (with hard drives that i upgraded) and a Roku... but also a Dell Poweredge R710 server... oh, and our thermostat. yes, the one for the house. so we can adjust the heat/ac from our phones. not to mention the equipment i have that belongs to the office. :)

most people have an old stereo in the garage. I have a cheap USB audio adapter plugged into the R710, connected to a set of altec lansing 2.1 PC speakers for music in the garage. :D

OK, you qualify for a permanent, non-revokable, lifetime membership. :D

As a note I got a coworker interested in this thread and he purchased one and I watched some footage from it just a few days ago and it did a really good job during the day. Now I need to have him get me some night footage!

Also - we need more cool deal threads on here, we all need some extra enabling from time to time! Should have a whole sub forum for that really, deal spotting by everyone!

As a note I got a coworker interested in this thread and he purchased one and I watched some footage from it just a few days ago and it did a really good job during the day. Now I need to have him get me some night footage!

Also - we need more cool deal threads on here, we all need some extra enabling from time to time! Should have a whole sub forum for that really, deal spotting by everyone!
:)

Does anyone know how long the cord is for the rear camera?
Also, when recording, how does it separate the front from the rear camera feeds?
Are clips saved from both feeds in the event of an accident (G-Sensor)?
How do you position the camera for the best view if you don't have a view screen on it?
Is there an A/V output on the camera?

I see this camera on Amazon for under $70 now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LBQGKX8

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the cord is for the rear camera?
The lead out from the rear camera is roughly 5 and 1/2 inches. I am trying to hunt down the original cable I think I tossed it with a few others it is a Mini B end.

Also, when recording, how does it separate the front from the rear camera feeds?
It doesn't you need a Windows file that Gibson99 created to split them manually. It is in his sig (Also here 2-channel Video Splitter for Windows)
Are clips saved from both feeds in the event of an accident (G-Sensor)?
Yes since it is one file in .avi format. You also need the Blacksys Program to play it back correctly if you don't split them.
I see this camera on Amazon for under $70 now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LBQGKX8
This listing shows at 90 for me.

Well, I guess that is how it goes. I had it for $69 earlier today. I just pulled it up for $79 about an hour ago. I went to that tab which was still open and showing $79 and I did a refresh and bam, the price changes to $89. I wonder if my talking about it and posting the link didn't get them a bunch of hits and purchases so they bumped the price back up????
Well, that suks.

I wonder if my talking about it and posting the link didn't get them a bunch of hits and purchases so they bumped the price back up????
Well, that suks.
It happens a lot more then you might think. I have ordered different items through Amazon (DVD, Clothes) and come back a day or so later to read more reviews while I wait for them to ship and seen the price had gone up. In one or two cases as much as 30 dollars, and in the case of a DVD set I had my eye on but did not pull the trigger over 60 dollars

Back