Another GPS Mount power issue

Bernard Maltais

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am starting a new thread because the other is marked as solved. I just noticed my 1 month old A119 is not working anymore when attached to the GPS mount.

If I attach the usb cable directly to the unit it power on... but with the usb power on the GPS received and the A119 attached to it it will not power on.

So probably another case of a bad connection inside the camera.

What is the best way to deal with such an issue. I think Baiklov is on the forum. I bought the camera on Amazon from Baiklov and was very happy with it until I noticed it not recording video since the 15th. So it pretty much ran from Aug 30th until Sept 15.

Yes,we are here!you can talk to me directly,we will solve it!
From your words,we think it lost power for its gps module,we will send you one module,ok?

Based on the picture from the other post it actually look like it might be the ribbon cable going to the connector inside the camera that is the issue.

I am starting a new thread because the other is marked as solved. I just noticed my 1 month old A119 is not working anymore when attached to the GPS mount.

If I attach the usb cable directly to the unit it power on... but with the usb power on the GPS received and the A119 attached to it it will not power on.

So probably another case of a bad connection inside the camera.

What is the best way to deal with such an issue. I think Baiklov is on the forum. I bought the camera on Amazon from Baiklov and was very happy with it until I noticed it not recording video since the 15th. So it pretty much ran from Aug 30th until Sept 15.
had the minUSB jack end came out of the cable and stuck in the camera. the cable came with the camera (the first one), and was used for about a week. at the day of the 'incident" it was about 90F outside, and the car faced north (no direct light).

Some cables may be too tight while insert to the USB port, this is already improved in recent batch.

For using the GPS mount, we highly recommend use the original cable.

Thank you VIOFO. I used bot the original USB cable and USB power adaptor. I think the issue is very similar to the other one reported. The camera work fine when the USB cable is directly attached to it but not when it is connected to the GPS unit. Perhaps the heat in the car has melted some adhesiv inside the camera and the cable came lose with the vibration while driving? Just a possibility.

I was contacted by Baiklov and they will be sending a new camera. Very satisfied with the service so far.

Regards

had the minUSB jack end came out of the cable and stuck in the camera. the cable came with the camera (the first one), and was used for about a week. at the day of the 'incident" it was about 90F outside, and the car faced north (no direct light).
No, the cable is actually fine and work perfectly when connected directly to the camera.

Glad to hear Baiklov will help you to solve the issue.
Why we suggest to use the original cable, as if connect the camera with GPS mount, there will be voltage drop, someone report some issue for powering but solved after use original cable.
If we can get a replacement from user, we will check it further.
Actually say, the GPS mount defective rate is very low, if there is we have replaced it.

Looks perfectly similar to my issue...

Quick update. I received the new A119 camera Wednesday (shipped directly from Amazon) and connected the new camera to the existing GPS mount that was already in the car. The camera worked flawlessly. So the old camera was the issue.

Thanks for your updated info~

No problem. Thank you for taking quick care of the issue. Much better support experience than I expected given the distance between China and Canada ;-) I originally bought from Baiklov on Amazon and he/she provided great support for the product. Buy with no worries from them.

Here is a video showing the problem with the camera on the GPS unit:

I bought my camera (hardwire kit + sdcard) from FoxOffer on 20th Oct, and it came this week. I was able to install it yesterday, powering it from engine start.
And this evening I noticed it made power up noise twice when I ignited and started moving, I can't see it directly, because it is behind mirror. And I checked that it doesn't record, and most of the evening is missing.
Long story short, googled, found this video and I have exact same problem.
Can you please recommend me how I should address this issue? Should I contact FoxOffer on their site or someone is able to help me here?

I bought my camera (hardwire kit + sdcard) from FoxOffer on 20th Oct, and it came this week. I was able to install it yesterday, powering it from engine start.
And this evening I noticed it made power up noise twice when I ignited and started moving, I can't see it directly, because it is behind mirror. And I checked that it doesn't record, and most of the evening is missing.
Can you please recommend me how I should address this issue? Should I contact FoxOffer on their site or someone is able to help me here?
It's either the GPS mount or the ribbon cable that runs power from the GPS mount to board in the camera. There have been a couple of instances where the ribbon cable was poorly seated.

If your not comfortable opening up the camera to try to re-seat the cable, then contact Foxoffer and get a replacement. FYI, opening up the camera may void the warranty, so you may want to contact FoxOffer to see if they are OK with you opening the camera or if they just want you to send it back.

If your not comfortable opening up the camera to try to re-seat the cable, then contact Foxoffer and get a replacement. FYI, opening up the camera may void the warranty, so you may want to contact FoxOffer to see if they are OK with you opening the camera or if they just want you to send it back.
Exactly. Firstly you should try to get in conversation with your supplier. May be it would be easier to get replacement. As for me I just didn't want to wait YET another month and knew, that I'll continue using DVR even in case I wouldn't fix it myself. So , safe way is first to communicate with your vendor .

Have you contacted with FoxOffer, if not you can also contact us to solve the issue, drop a PM to me or send us email.

Thank you very much all!
You are being very helpful. I contacted FoxOffer and they offered me sending replacement GPS mount. But I told them that I will make sure that it is problem with GPS mount since also possible problem could be ribbon cable inside DashCam like CaptureYourAction mentioned earlier.
Today I tested again and problem reproduced. So I took multimeter to check voltage on pins of powered gps mount without dashcam, but couldn't dismount dashcam. I tried using supplied cord pulling up and down, but no luck. It sits firmly :) Maybe I am not doing right.
After failing dismount - I tested again said problem and it worked. Or maybe there was enough juice in capacitor not to die on me while I was there.
So currently I am still testing what can be the problem to be 100% sure.

Thank you very much all!
You are being very helpful. I contacted FoxOffer and they offered me sending replacement GPS mount. But I told them that I will make sure that it is problem with GPS mount since also possible problem could be ribbon cable inside DashCam like CaptureYourAction mentioned earlier.
Today I tested again and problem reproduced. So I took multimeter to check voltage on pins of powered gps mount without dashcam, but couldn't dismount dashcam. I tried using supplied cord pulling up and down, but no luck. It sits firmly :) Maybe I am not doing right.
After failing dismount - I tested again said problem and it worked. Or maybe there was enough juice in capacitor not to die on me while I was there.
So currently I am still testing what can be the problem to be 100% sure.
Thanks for your testing, I will send a PM to you.
Regarding this "problem could be ribbon cable", someone discovered this issue before, but we don't think this is a common issue for GPS problem.

Back