Anything small and Discrete?

Is there a simple instruction video on how to connect the power cable from Windshield to car's lighter socket. Don't want power cord cable dangling between front 2 seats,
you have the camry, right? it would be easier to do what i did and tap into the window circuit in the passenger kick panel, then go straight up from there into the A-pillar, and across to the center of the windshield. but if you have a sunroof, you're in luck - just tap into that and you're done! no fishing wires everywhere, since the 12v switched power is already there in the roof console.

Is there a simple instruction video on how to connect the power cable from Windshield to car's lighter socket? I do not want to hard-wire this into the car and would rather rely on cig lighter power source. Don't want power cord cable dangling down the middle of front 2 seats. I am looking at G1W -CB or the Mini 0805 dashcam for my 07 camry
how-to-connect-a-dashboard-cameras-power-adapter.jpg

Is there a simple instruction video on how to connect the power cable from Windshield to car's lighter socket? I do not want to hard-wire this into the car and would rather rely on cig lighter power source. Don't want power cord cable dangling down the middle of front 2 seats. I am looking at G1W -CB or the Mini 0805 dashcam for my 07 camry
Its actually easier than you think.
There are many videos on YT showing how to install and run cigarette lighter charger cables.

I hear the new fab is stealing batteries from hybrids, and then sell them for a bundle of money.

I would like a setup with a second battery, i think that must be the optimal as i am sure the battery in my car is in harmony with the rest of the little car.

Here a guard stopped some guys ( most likely eastern europeans ) stealing 500,000 DKkr worth of catalytic converters from a mercedes dealer.
And i think airbags are popular too, and Denmark is sitting ducks as we never been good at protecting our stuff, so van & truck loads leave the country every week.

Last edited:
I hear the new fab is stealing batteries from hybrids, and then sell them for a bundle of money.

I would like a setup with a second battery, i think that must be the optimal as i am sure the battery in my car is in harmony with the rest of the little car.

You have to wire the 2nd battery so it can charge when the car is in motion and it doesn't have to be as big as the main one plus need to have some gizmo to prevent electricity from the main battery to the cameras when not being charged so the main car battery is left alone.

yep its been talked about here before, then again i was able to push start my volvo 121 after pushing it 1/4 mile on snow covered roads.
When i finally reached a road with a little drop on it i was driving again :)
Only problem is i was 19 back then and i am 49 soon, and in a miserable state so i aint pushing anything but daisies :D

You have to wire the 2nd battery so it can charge when the car is in motion and it doesn't have to be as big as the main one plus need to have some gizmo to prevent electricity from the main battery to the cameras when not being charged so the main car battery is left alone.

DUAL BATTERY ISOLATOR SOLENOID

Ok, I went with the 805 and the A118 BlackBox. I liked both and will compare the two.

The 805 is much more noticeable in the window. I'll need to get some black 3m tape, bc the the grey that comes with it doesn't look good and draws more attention.

I was hoping to mount hire up against the top of the window but the rain sensor on the mirror seems to get in the shot? Do you guys have that trouble mounting high and keeping the mirror mount out of the way? I wonder if I moved it towards the passenger side if it would still film enough of the left side of the car?

Will professionally tidy up the wires after a few days. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions!! I gave up on the rear camera for now, bc I don't know a good way to mount it onto a headliner and I don't want it to be in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_6011.JPG
    IMG_6011.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6020.JPG
    IMG_6020.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6021.JPG
    IMG_6021.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 16
Why do you need both a118 and mini for the front?

Clear is better than black.

In my experience, clear adhesive tape sounds like a good idea in theory, but ends up having a semi glosss bling effect to it. (viewing from the outside looking in.)
Using black blends in completely neutral and matches the black adhesive used with the rearview mirror mount etc. (nothing catches your eye)

Just to follow up and help others.

1. Can't beat 3m Black double stick tape. It doesn't gloss outside the window and holds strong.

2. The 805 and wide camera angle is significantly better then the A118 BlackBox. Both image quality, and perspective is better., It has some type of fish eye rectilinear reduction that makes the image much easier to view. It also has GPS location and speed data.

3. Installing these dash cam is not rocket science but can be a pain in the ***** so make sure you read about your particular car. In a tight fit German car, I found it tough even for a mechanically inclined person. Make sure you wear latex type gloves and change them if they get dirty. So much easier then trying to clean a light colored head liner.

4. I'm really happy about my final install and setup. Just front 805 camera. It is super wide angle and covers a lot. My boyfriend thinks it is cool that a lady set it all up.

5. Can't figure out how to set up a rear camera yet on the Toureg. Everything seems to get in the way.

already ordered the A118C. I like the discreteness of it. I did look at MINI 0805 and G1WC-B. I know it is not the best like the street guardian.

Back