My truck is big, and I can't see anything in front while parallel parking. I need a mirror display

thinkcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Joovuu X
Hi there folks,

New to DCT. I have been looking high and low for a rear view mirror screen for the past 2 weeks now, and two small cameras, one to keep on the front grill and another one behind but up top.

I have pickup truck, and the current rear-view mirror has very poor visibility due to head rests in the back, the window panes, and then there is the window itself which isn't that big like cars in a midsize pickup. Not to mention my long truck bed. So my rear view is very bad to begin with. (not as bad as some of those sport cars etc). But parking isn't the problem. I have a rear view parking camera.

1. My truck has a rear view camera which engages when I shift to reverse, but it only looks down at an angle giving me a view of my rear bumper and 6 or 7 feet ahead with guidelines. it does not look straight, as it isn't built for that purpose. Since my trucks own rear view mirror is doing a bad job, very bad if I have passengers in the back, I thought I' might as well buy a mirror screen and have a video feed for fulltime giving me a better high quality picture of whats behind me while driving. I don't want guidelines, I already have a nice factory reverse-cam for that. The purpose of the rear mirror is only to replace the normal function of my rear-view mirror while I drive, i.e: see behind me while on the road. So rear-view camera will be ALWAYS ON on my overhead mirror screen.

2. Now as for the front camera I want to attach inside my grill, this is because my truck is large, long hood, and I have a hood scoop, and its high off the ground , but the seats are on the floor of the cab, it's hard to explain unless you sit in my truck. I can't see almost 6 feet immediately in-front of my truck from my grill. If I keep an apple or lemon about 6 ft away from my grill from behind the wheel I see no apple or lemon. The same goes for a child. This is especially hard when I have to parallel park my truck, there is as it is hardly no way i could see up front in tight spots, and if I want to squeeze in my truck I want to be able to see how much room i have in front between the car and my truck. Currently I have to get out once or twice sometimes even 4 times. So during parking time, I want to switch to this camera on my mirror screen to see up front looking down, while I look into the built in-screen for the rear-view cam which engages automatically when I shift to R.

If money is not an issue, what could be the best quality rear view mirror with a screen I could buy.My needs are very simple listed below.

My current mirror has an auto-dimming feature, a button to turn it on/off, a light and a sensor and it has a compass. I need those features the very minimum.

• My minimum requirements are : 2 video feed support. a high quality/resolution display/screen - i know this is hard, just let me know what you'd go with, how about that?. Reliability- whatever we can, i know none of them are. Ability to switch between two cameras either by a built in switch or an external switch i could buy and add/have wiring to do switch. and Compass. Temperature would've be nice, but not needed.
  • What I don't want in my mirror : Bluetooth, GPS, Phone, Parking Sensors, WiFi, anything stupid that I likely won't need such as Android apps and so on. Most mirrors I see are made in China, and of poor quality, If there's a good reliable one, I'd consider a few suggestions.
(I already have a dashcam (Joovuu x) for safety, recording, insurance looking straight up front etc.)

Can you help ? :)

Last edited:
One of the options posted HERE.

Back