[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

if the lights are LED it will flicker regardless, nothing you can do about that
Could try turning on or off HDR or WDR depending on which camera it is.

Doing so can change the number of exposures per frame and at least change a major flicker into a minor flicker since the end result is a combination of all the exposures for the frame some of which will see the lights while they are on and others while they are off.

doesn't look much better, that aside the video doesn't seem to flicker much, only noticeable once you're directly under each light, lights in the distance are not flickering

doesn't look much better, that aside the video doesn't seem....
Discuss flickers not flash is not necessary.
My first question is in the firmware get these numbers?

Discuss flickers not flash is not necessary.
My first question is in the firmware get these numbers?

50Hz and 60Hz are the settings, don't think you're going to be able to change that, even if you could I don't think it's your problem anyway

even if you could I don't think it's your problem anyway
Found in the firmware:
32020000 if 32050000 do not flicker, but the matrix is heated and in a couple of minutes. hangs record.

If disassembler look something like this:
Code:
:003A3CEB 003502000032         add byte ptr [32000002], dh
:003A3CF1 0200        add al, byte ptr [eax]
200h - 512d
400h - 1024d
500h - 1208d

What is memory?

Last edited:
If it's locking up then there's a bug in the firmware, maybe stick with the version that works until it is resolved, you won't get any support out of China for the next few weeks though

If it's locking up then there's a bug in the firmware, maybe stick with the version that works until it is resolved, you won't get any support out of China for the next few weeks though
I wrote to China, the silence after 23/02/15 will write more, but there are doubts about the decision error.
That's just pulled off perfectly clear difference firmware.
https://yadi.sk/i/iZsOqWdwedQhC
https://yadi.sk/i/_ogg9dxBedQjN

Hi, Tobi@s!
I'm trying to modify the firmware of the GoPro Hero3BE using AFT.

First I disassembled and assembled firmware without changes. I assumed that the firmware is not expected to change, however, in the sections headers there appeared such "ones". Is it safe to flash this firmware in a GoPro?
Thanks!

871612d1d2c8.jpg

Hi mikerin
Sorry for the late reply. Basically smaller filesizes shouldnt be a problem. AFT uses a slightly different repackaging algorithm than ambarella does therefore the filesize can differ.
The different flags you mentioned seem a bit strange.
If you want me to look at it upload it somewhere and send me the url.

----------------------------------------------------------

With the help of @Mtz I was able to get the real partition names from ambarella. Means I will update AFT with the new names soon.

former "LNX" partition now is called "SEC" (secondary - still a linux kernel)
former "LNXFS" partition is called "LNX" (linux ubifs)
former "UNKNOWN" partition is called "SWP". Not sure about its purpose, maybe a SWAP partition?

Last edited:
Lord, in your firmware and get the data as 50 and 60 hertz?
Where they are - data?
Show in their firmware.

Ah now I get it....
You (or GoPro) proved me wrong...

Thats what I thought:
upload_2015-2-20_23-5-42.png

But it's not true, it's variable. Thats the difference in the firmware. Will publish an update asap.

Btw: Why is the build date of the modified firmware the same one as the one from the original firmware? :D

Back