Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

The idea of DL to a phone / potentially share footage at the site of a event, thats just so far out to me, i only use the preview in a APP to line up the camera.
So i would absolutely not mind if the Dl footage are not the raw unaltered footage from the memory card.

I think youtube accept the format off my Dahua NVR box, i can also play it in potplayer, but it is a unusual format VS the ones are are used to deal with as regular consumers.

There was a time when many product developers would give short shrift to the Mac platform for both desktop and mobile. Nowadays, most developers see the value in providing apps for both since the Mac and iOS have become as popular and mainstream as they have as they know they would otherwise be leaving a lot of sales on the table. Apple has come a long way from the days when they were circling the drain.
I fully understand this need. I am working on to have this issue fixed.

I notice the the C6Pro, F6 Pro and F6S versions have voice control and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System). Hopefully ADAS can be turned off if the user does not want it.

I wonder if WiFi is always-on? I don't see a button to turn it on/off.
ADAS function can be turned off- green light alert, front car moving alert , speed sign detection alert.
I think Wifi AP is always on.

HikDashcam can do download but the problem is the resolution of video is not 1600p any more. the file size will be reduced to 10% only 25MB. it looks still clear on the phone screen but it is not good enough to play on a large screen.
it is the only way now to use Miniplayer to export files from a card to your computer.

I see this as problematic because if you need to grab a good quality video as evidence to share at the scene of a crime, accident, etc this isn't possible. You're going to be providing a 10% quality clip to the police or whomever. Obviously, viewable on a phone, but not so on a larger screen (laptop, computer, etc).

The developers should find a way to permit the full size file to be downloaded uncompressed to a phone without having to eject memory card, install proprietary software, and then convert file.

Could be a low bitrate version that is sent to the phone, to reduce the transfer time. I see the same with my WiFi cctv camera. Only way to get the full bitrate video is to pull the card from the camera.

EDIT: As stated in the post below, the downloaded file is only 25MB rather than 256MB.

@RickyC answered the question and I appreciate that, but his answer concerns me. Being able to only download a 10% highly compressed file only viewable on a phone creates an issue. If you are involved in an accident, witness an accident, or witness a crime, you can't share that video with the police at the scene to watch on their laptop or a larger screen. And the police will not be installing a "Player" on their computer, and most people don't drive around with a laptop.

So you're left sharing that 10% low resolution video until you're able to get home and pull off the uncompressed file on a pc.

I found this same problem with GNET as my at work workflow is Mac based and the only way I could get usable video was via the phone app, with a reduction in quality. Or on windows, at home

@RickyC answered the question and I appreciate that, but his answer concerns me. Being able to only download a 10% highly compressed file only viewable on a phone creates an issue. If you are involved in an accident, witness an accident, or witness a crime, you can't share that video with the police at the scene to watch on their laptop or a larger screen. And the police will not be installing a "Player" on their computer, and most people don't drive around with a laptop.

So you're left sharing that 10% low resolution video until you're able to get home and pull off the uncompressed file on a pc.
I am not sure if this is because my guys are worried about the processing ability of the phone. I will discuss with them for details.

I found this same problem with GNET as my at work workflow is Mac based and the only way I could get usable video was via the phone app, with a reduction in quality. Or on windows, at home
Does GNET use same preformatted cards and encrypted files? Any advantage to do so?

I am not sure if this is because my guys are worried about the processing ability of the phone. I will discuss with them for details.

Sounds good. Modern phones should be able to handle the 1600p file transfer over the 5g Wifi connection (phone connected to camera). My Viofo videos are regularly 600MB each and while it takes a bit of time, I have no issues what so ever.

So it's a matter of your developers implementing the ability to decrypt the file and share it uncompressed over the camera's wifi.

Last edited:
@RickyC

I can't recall if this question has been asked and answered, so I apologize. But will Hikvision's cameras only be Front (Single Channel)? Or Is the AE-VC143T-an addon to make the systems 2 Channel (Front + Rear) that then records in unison to the MicroSD card.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Modern phones should be able to handle the 1600p file transfer over the 5g Wifi connection (phone connected to camera). My Viofo videos are regularly 600MB each and while it takes a bit of time, I have no issues what so ever.

So it's a matter of your developers implemented the ability to decrypt the file and share it uncompressed over the camera's wifi.
that makes sense. I will see what we can do and why they did not do it. there must be a con and pro.

@RickyC

I can't recall if this question has been asked and answered, so I apologize. But will Hikvision's cameras only be Front (Single Channel)? Or Is the AE-VC143T-an addon to make the systems 2 Channel (Front + Rear) that then records in unison to the MicroSD card.
We just start with 6 1600P models for now. we have 4K and dual lens models to follow up in early next year.

G4 dashcam below is a 1440P commercial grade dashcam with 4 more channels available to work with 4 AE-VC143T-ITS.
G4 dashcam support built-in 4G/LTE module as well as GPS/G sensor /Wi-FI and Wi-Fi AP/Parking mode.
It supports Fleet management with Hikvision Large scale software platform called Hikcentral Mobile.
it is more suitable for commercial and industrial customers.

1639170124740.png

Ricky

hiv000xx is just the file name format in the card. There is an index file in the card too. So when you load the files up in the Miniplayer, you will see all file names come with date and time.
The filename convention seems convoluted. You name the file with a number and then use an index file system that can only be viewed in the Miniplayer. Have I got that correct?

Do I have to connect my phone to get the files from the storage device?

All files are encrypted? Why?

We just start with 6 1600P models for now. we have 4K and dual lens models to follow up in early next year.

G4 dashcam below is a 1440P commercial grade dashcam with 4 more channels available to work with 4 AE-VC143T-ITS.
G4 dashcam support built-in 4G/LTE module as well as GPS/G sensor /Wi-FI and Wi-Fi AP/Parking mode.
It supports Fleet management with Hikvision Large scale software platform called Hikcentral Mobile.
it is more suitable for commercial and industrial customers.

View attachment 59265

Ricky

I presume those 5 cameras connect to the central unit via a cable similar to this one? There could definitely be more than commercial uses. Someone wanting to setup Front + Rear + Interior + Cameras out both side windows.

Don't underestimate consumer demand. There are plenty of people who may wish to put this in their car to create a single system capturing their vehicle in 360 degrees.

Personally of all the products you've listed, I'm most interested in seeing the Fleet Management Hikvision in action.

1639179375171.png

The filename convention seems convoluted. You name the file with a number and then use an index file system that can only be viewed in the Miniplayer. Have I got that correct?

Do I have to connect my phone to get the files from the storage device?

All files are encrypted? Why?
Maybe I should not say files in the card are encrypted.
It is just in a special format as I can not play it with media player or Hikvision VSplayer, but I can play the file in the card with my VLC player.
Again I will try to find out why.

The phone app is used to configure, search or download low res footage. but for1600P video download, you will need to take the Micro SD card out and plug in to a PC to export footage with Miniplayer.

Ricky

I presume those 5 cameras connect to the central unit via a cable similar to this one? There could definitely be more than commercial uses. Someone wanting to setup Front + Rear + Interior + Cameras out both side windows.

Don't underestimate consumer demand. There are plenty of people who may wish to put this in their car to create a single system capturing their vehicle in 360 degrees.

Personally of all the products you've listed, I'm most interested in seeing the Fleet Management Hikvision in action.

View attachment 59271
Interesting, I will test it to show you demo video.
I have only 1 143T camera in hand. I will see if I can find a place to install the second or third camera, and to see if the FOV is good enough. maybe we need an angle adaptor.

Ricky

but for1600P video download, you will need to take the Micro SD card out and plug in to a PC to export footage with Miniplayer.
Thanks for the reply.

That clarifies a few things.

You seem to come back to using theMiniplayer but said it can be played using VLC. I don't see the purpose of the Miniplayer. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the reply.

That clarifies a few things.

You seem to come back to using theMiniplayer but said it can be played using VLC. I don't see the purpose of the Miniplayer. Am I missing something?

Honestly, I think at this point, it would be beneficial that @RickyC get some samples and pass them out for testing. This way instead "asking lots of questions", testers could instead provide real time feedback based upon interacting with the product. And then @RickyC could bring this feedback to his developers for changes and improvements prior to launch.

Right now, we're simply making suggested changes, without having seen or handled his physical product. So while this is still beneficial, what we're doing is speculating based upon what @RickyC has told us about Hikvision's product line.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think at this point, it would be beneficial that @RickyC get some samples and pass them out for testing. This way instead "asking lots of questions", testers could instead provide real time feedback based upon interacting with the product. And then @RickyC could bring this feedback to his developers for changes and improvements prior to launch.

Right now, we're simply making suggested changes, without having seen or handled his physical product. So while this is still beneficial, what we're doing is speculating based upon what @RickyC has told us about Hikvision's product line.

Or we could let @RickyC answer the questions.

I don’t need your opinion. Technical is fine but opinion to me is wasting my time.

Back