Best place to buy 0806

Retired Guy,

Sorry I did not post earlier. Been pretty busy. in response to the 1st/2nd batch question, I'm confused here as well. The unit I received was in the "old box" according to photos found elsewhere on the site. However, I did have wire management clips but no screws or CPL. My unit came with a GPS mount. I do not get GPS nor am I able to charge thru the GPS mount on either of the 2 USB ports. I tried a mini0803 mount as well (with GPS) and got the same results. What I will try (tomorrow) is using the new mount with the mini0803 but I'm not sure it's actually backward compatible. I believe the problems are not with the mounts but the Cameras themselves. The Camera does power and charge thru the micro port on the cam though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but It's not like I don't already own one of these (mini 0803).

One other note which was Odd to me is that it was supplied with a firmware version dated 1/28/15. I figured it would have been the last one dated 1/16/15. So maybe I do have the 2nd batch and they are still in transition with packing items or worst case, the 2nd bath still has issues with GPS/USB power.

SLK Where do I look to see which firmware is in my camera ?

...So maybe I do have the 2nd batch and they are still in transition with packing items or worst case, the 2nd bath still has issues with GPS/USB power.
That will be a 2nd batch camera, it seems that a few probably still have issues with the internal power cable that takes power & gps data from the base to the pcb, probably one of the workers assembling them wrong. Seems like the issue with poor gps reception is sorted, although that does still require the power to be connected internally.

When I plugged in the phone charger both the top blue led and the middle red led come on steady, and the battery icon bars are flashing, then after about a minute with the charger hooked up it shuts down. I never got the battery icon to go steady/solid, no flashing.
And when I unplug the charger only the middle red led stays on, no blue led without charger hooked up. When it shuts down after a minute with the charger hooked up is it still charging ?
It has a shutdown timer, if it is not recording and you don't press any buttons then it will switch off, the timeout is configurable in the menu and can be turned off.

It's possible your phone charger isn't providing enough power to finish charging the battery, does the battery icon stop flashing if you use it in the car?

It has a shutdown timer, if it is not recording and you don't press any buttons then it will switch off, the timeout is configurable in the menu and can be turned off.

It's possible your phone charger isn't providing enough power to finish charging the battery, does the battery icon stop flashing if you use it in the car?

I haven't put it in my car yet, it's 10 below zero here and I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit before I go out with it. I thought about the charger not being powerful enough too, it's from my wife's Samsung phone.

I do not get GPS nor am I able to charge thru the GPS mount on either of the 2 USB ports. I tried a mini0803 mount as well (with GPS) and got the same results. What I will try (tomorrow) is using the new mount with the mini0803 but I'm not sure it's actually backward compatible. I believe the problems are not with the mounts but the Cameras themselves. The Camera does power and charge thru the micro port on the cam though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but It's not like I don't already own one of these (mini 0803).

One other note which was Odd to me is that it was supplied with a firmware version dated 1/28/15. I figured it would have been the last one dated 1/16/15. So maybe I do have the 2nd batch and they are still in transition with packing items or worst case, the 2nd bath still has issues with GPS/USB power.
Hmm... 0803 mount should be okay to use and if it doesn't work, then something is wrong with the dashcam connecters to the mount.
You are the 3rd person with mount's ports not working.

Firmware can be updated from the mini website.
http://www.mini0806.com/update.html

Last edited:
I haven't put it in my car yet, it's 10 below zero here and I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit before I go out with it. I thought about the charger not being powerful enough too, it's from my wife's Samsung phone.
Are you putting the dashcam outside the car or inside? :D
Just start the car and warm up the inside.

Let it continue to charge after it shuts down due to inactivity or if you prefer to watch it the turn of the Power Off Delay so the camera will stay on. Even if the camera is off the battery is charging.

Hmm... 0803 mount should be okay to use and if it doesn't work, then something is wrong with the dashcam connecters to the mount.
You are the 3rd person with mount's ports not working.

Firmware can be updated from the mini website.
http://www.mini0806.com/update.html
Am I the third person with issues on the 2nd generation? I'm pretty sure the 1st gen had a lot more defective units considering the number of complaints on line.

I think it's the camera port and something is not connected properly inside. Since I'm not going to be home for the next few days, I'm unable to test the New mount with the Mini0803. Does anyone know if it's compatible and a valid test? I understand the 0803 mount will work on the 0806 but visa versa????

Last edited:
Am I the third person with issues on the 2nd generation? I'm pretty sure the 1st gen had a lot more defective units considering the number of complaints on line.

I think it's the camera port and something is not connected properly inside. Since I'm not going to be home for the next few days, I'm unable to test the New mount with the Mini0803. Does anyone know if it's compatible and a valid test? I understand the 8030 mount will work on the 0806 but visa versa????
I've never tried, but if it will fit in (tighter fit than 0803) then I'm sure there is no electrical issue.

I think it's the camera port and something is not connected properly inside. Since I'm not going to be home for the next few days, I'm unable to test the New mount with the Mini0803. Does anyone know if it's compatible and a valid test? I understand the 8030 mount will work on the 0806 but visa versa????
I think so.
There were similar posts from two others.

I'm really hoping for Rayman's sake that these are still just first batch as he deserves a lucky break with these after all the hard work he put in.

I'm really hoping for Rayman's sake that these are still just first batch as he deserves a lucky break with these after all the hard work he put in.
Let's hope so.

I'm going on 74 , I'm not going out in this weather until it warms up a little bit, it would take the car a half hour to warm up. Last March I spent a little over a month in the hospital and rehab, I'm not taking a chance of going through that again. If I was only 72, then I'd go for it. How do I do the smiley face thingy ? Thanks for telling me where to look for the firmware thing, I told you guys I was ignorant, so don't say I didn't warn you . I'm not vegged out yet, just still ignorant on some things, like dashcams and stuff. So far you guys have given me a whole lot of help though. I really am anxious to get out there with this dashcam and start cruising.
So you are blaming dashcam but it's you who doesn't want to go out. :D
I also don't recommend going out in cold just to take some video footage.
What state are you in? It's pretty chilly in Denver.
Good luck!

So you are blaming dashcam but it's you who doesn't want to go out. :D
I also don't recommend going out in cold just to take some video footage.
What state are you in? It's pretty chilly in Denver.
Good luck!

New Hope Minnesota

Under settings:
FIRMWARE VERSION

Firmware question. I think I saw it on the 0806 firmware site, but now since I've looked at so much stuff I'm not sure. But I saw something saying that you should update the firmware with the micro card in the camera, and that prepares the card ready to go ? My camera came with the latest 1/28/2015 in it, so do I have to go through that, or just start using it, plug and play ? I bought two 32GB Samsung cards. Mainly because I saw some people complaining that the 128GB cards were giving them troubles.

Firmware question. I think I saw it on the 0806 firmware site, but now since I've looked at so much stuff I'm not sure. But I saw something saying that you should update the firmware with the micro card in the camera, and that prepares the card ready to go ? My camera came with the latest 1/28/2015 in it, so do I have to go through that, or just start using it, plug and play ? I bought two 32GB Samsung cards. Mainly because I saw some people complaining that the 128GB cards were giving them troubles.
You probably read it at the beginning of the manual, in the introduction, but as above, no point in updating to what you already have, leave well alone until there is an update that contains something you want, the camera is reliable enough that you wont need bug fixes.

You probably read it at the beginning of the manual, in the introduction, but as above, no point in updating to what you already have, leave well alone until there is an update that contains something you want, the camera is reliable enough that you wont need bug fixes.

Okay thanks folks, I just got confused when it said to update with the micro-card in it. Supposed to go up to 30 here tomorrow, (just for tomorrow) so I'm going to give it a try then.

That's kinda what I was thinking, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Back