Best place to buy 0806

leave the computer out of it for the moment, set the card to auto and then try in each slot, see if it shows up in either

you may have already mentioned it but what size is the card and how is it formatted?
32gb and formatted in camera.

No no... leave it at Auto and it'll select one or both wherever it is.
I think you had selected wrong slot before.

Well I had the card in A slot when I was driving, and I selected A slot in the settings, was I supposed to leave it on AUTO ?

leave the computer out of it for the moment, set the card to auto and then try in each slot, see if it shows up in either

you may have already mentioned it but what size is the card and how is it formatted?

A 32 GB Samsung, and I formatted it hooked up in the car, at least I'm assuming it took the format.

Yes, leave it at Auto.
That way, it doesn't matter where you put the card or if you put card on both to get up to 256gb storage.

I'm trying to figure out the computer connection when you mentioned it.
My PC installed something when I plugged in the dashcam and a small box popped up saying AMBA successfully installed or something but haven't seen the USB drive yet in the PC.
Will update.

Yes I have it on AUTO now, but the red circle slash over the card icon still appears

that could be a read error, could be the card not formatted correctly

if the camera can't see the card then you won't get anything when you connect to the PC

do you have an adapter or card reader at all?

that could be a read error, could be the card not formatted correctly

if the camera can't see the card then you won't get anything when you connect to the PC

do you have an adapter or card reader at all?

I have a card reader

ok, put the card in the card reader and reformat in your PC first

Okay I'm kinda ignorant on a lot of this stuff, I have the card reader here but how do I format it in this reader ?

Okay I'm kinda ignorant on a lot of this stuff, I have the card reader here but how do I format it in this reader ?

card in the card reader, plug into PC, browse my computer, right click the drive the memory card shows up as and choose format

if it has a formatting error it may prompt you to format when you plug it in

Okay this is what's going on.
When I had empty mini connected to PC, the 'USB connecting' will be there and nothing will show up in the PC as there is no card.
I connected mini with a card in it and it works fine in PC as a new drive.
What's happening in yours is because it never read the card so it is acting as empty.
You have to fix that red circle first to be able to do anything so follow what jokiin says to format card outside the dashcam.
Or if you have another card, even if it's small, try it.

Once it's done, it'll look like this and video files will be in 'NORMAL' folder or 'EVENT' if you had any bad bumps:

usbmassdrive.jpg

Also, the disk drive letter may be different in your PC.

Back