Best place to buy 0806

Typical of the attention to detail that we have come to expect from JooVuu. There certainly was no delay in charging my credit card, however.

Hi @TomPierce
We hold our hands up when we messed up and we did, the USA business is still pretty new and we're still getting stuff in order so mistakes happen. However, if you are not happy with this please contact us and we will be more than happy to refund you. We are very open about everything and when a mistake happens we have no qualms in admitting it.

Regarding your credit card being charged immediately let me explain why.

We use to to do 'capture' payments which is where we take your details and when we ship we charge it. Now for non-back ordered stuff this is absolutely fine. However, for pre-order products there are problems as we found out with the waterproof cases way back when. Where basically people's cards had been cancelled, did not have enough credit, or money on them etc and as such we shipped them out completely unaware until about 3 days later when we were told we were receiving no payment. We therefore lost a lot of money. As such we now do instance capture (also known as instant authorization) so we get the money immediately and then that just reduces one problem for us to worry and think about. Of course if you are not happy with this please ask us for a refund and we will be more than happy to get that sorted for you. We have to look after our business and therefore our profit and this helps us hugely.

Oh and another reason we capture immediately as otherwise we would not be able to place such big orders with the factory and in turn get such a good price as we simply would not have the capital to buy in that bulk. But that's digressing.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

PS
Your sentence: Typical of the attention to detail that we have come to expect from JooVuu , indicates we have a problem...we're always looking to share so please let us know and we'll be more than happy to improve. We have a good reputation in the dashcam community and are constantly looking to improve, we've implemented lots of customer recommendations so please help us improve.

If you're looking for a company in North America, we are just north of you in Canada and we have it up for pre-orders at BlackBoxed.ca. The USD is strong right now, so it's a great time to buy from Canada.

Kelvin

Is there any reputable seller based out of and shipping from the US that is selling this camera? I don't want to deal with international shipping in case there is a problem with the camera.

Received my preorder from diggcams.com today. It didn't come with the 16gb card it was meant to but I think they may have swapped it out for the cpl. 22:17 here at the moment so I'm looking forward to testing it out tomorrow. GPS not appearing to be getting a signal on the driveway, I'll investigate tomorrow.

Nice unit.

Received my preorder from diggcams.com today. It didn't come with the 16gb card it was meant to but I think they may have swapped it out for the cpl. 22:17 here at the moment so I'm looking forward to testing it out tomorrow. GPS not appearing to be getting a signal on the driveway, I'll investigate tomorrow.

Nice unit.
The latest firmwares have started defaulting the GPS stamp option to off - so you would need to check that setting and turn it on or at least have it set to log only :)

The latest firmwares have started defaulting the GPS stamp option to off - so you would need to check that setting and turn it on or at least have it set to log only :)

Thanks reverend. I have checked that after updating the firmware and selected 'on', changed the green led to 'GPS', but there doesn't seem to be any sign of the GPS searching etc, no icons on screen, no lighting of the green led at all.

for 0806, if you get a defective camera, just send back to you distributor, you can get a new one immediately. no need to wait.
we don't want to waste the hign end users' time on waiting for the hign end product.

Nice unit, but I noticed on mine that there appears to be some debris on one of the lens elements. It's not on the outside of the lens. It's the white mark at about 2 o'clock.

Attachments

• IMG_20150119_223543.JPG
    IMG_20150119_223543.JPG
    307.1 KB · Views: 39
Thanks reverend. I have checked that after updating the firmware and selected 'on', changed the green led to 'GPS', but there doesn't seem to be any sign of the GPS searching etc, no icons on screen, no lighting of the green led at all.
It needs to be attached to the base - the base contains the GPS receiver. Also, Reverend was talking about GPS STAMP, not SPEED STAMP

It needs to be attached to the base - the base contains the GPS receiver. Also, Reverend was talking about GPS STAMP, not SPEED STAMP

Thanks for your rather patronising feedback. Yes, gps enabled items do need to be connected to the receiver. Neither of us mentioned a speed stamp; we were both referring to the GPS stamp.

So what is the status of Joovuu US and the Mini 0806 preorders?

The Joovuu website says "Preorder only Shipping Jan 12". In a previous message JooVuu said "We're hoping to ship out this Friday/Saturday" which would have been 16/17 Jan.

Nice unit, but I noticed on mine that there appeaou rs to be some debris on one of the lens elements. It's not on the outside of the lens. It's the white mark at about 2 o'clock.

A clear photo will help us to find out what happened.
Please check if that will affect the image quality. If yes please send it back for a free replacement. :)
don't worry about the free warranty

I'd be looking at http://www.carcamerachoices.co.uk/mini_0806.html - some good photos of the 0806 under test on the site.

I downloaded and viewed the .MOV files and was very disappointed, the setup was no doubt part of the trouble with a lot of windscreen reflections.

I found it very poor for reading car number plates, I have been considering upgrading to a Mini 0806.

From the quality of the two video downloads, for the present time I will be sticking with my G1W-B Dash Cam, much easier to read number plates and road side signage.

Will still keep a eye on the 0806.

Ray

They could have fitted the supplied CPL for their test videos! The reflections of the dash are killing the contrast and making the video compression difficult.

And, fully clean the windshield with alcohol before testing..... :D

And, fully clean the windshield with alcohol before testing..... :D
I think a decent review should have two tests - one with a dirty windshield to show how it copes with typical conditions (the sort of test you make) and one with the alcohol to show how good it can be for people like Mtz :)

But in either case they should have used the CPL!

They could have fitted the supplied CPL for their test videos! The reflections of the dash are killing the contrast and making the video compression difficult.
Is the CPL generally used all the time, or do you take it off during different conditions?

Back