Best place to buy 0806

That's true, but it's like $40 to ship something back to China from the US. Domestic shipping is closer to $5.

Actually you can't send cameras from the U.S. to China via the post, they're banned so you need to use an express company which is dearer, also becomes a problem when there are batteries involved

That's true, but it's like $40 to ship something back to China from the US. Domestic shipping is closer to $5.
I just shipped one for $18.60 first class USPS.

Actually you can't send cameras from the U.S. to China via the post, they're banned so you need to use an express company which is dearer, also becomes a problem when there are batteries involved
Really? Can't send cameras to China from US?
Where is that rule?
I sent one back and batteries is not a problem for small electronics at all.
USPS had a poster saying lithium batteries required to power electronics such as cameras, camcorders, tablets, etc... are allowed.

Here is the USPS poster:

not704_tech_003_1.jpg

Cameras specifically are on the list as prohibited to send to China, have had this issue in the past
Hmm... what if buyers need to return cameras?
That's not a sale but something that is returned due to item defects. :confused:

yeah that's a problem, it's not about selling, just about shipping, cameras are on the prohibited list http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_009.htm
That's a big negative for all Chinese merchants.

How does the return work then with thousands of Chinese electronics sellers?

Hopefully my camera gets there safely.

That's a big negative for all Chinese merchants.

Not really, it's a big problem for customers of Chinese merchants though

if they're a big player and it has become important enough to them then they have US warehouses to collect the goods, or they have the goods shipped to Hong Kong and then redirected to China, plenty of people send stuff back in good faith never to be heard from again, lost in the system, dodgy sellers, all sorts of issues, it's a gamble on the buyers behalf with this kind of purchase

there are some good sellers out there that do the right thing, there are crooks that know how to work the system too though

I lost my C1 because I labelled "Camera"....

you know what...there should be a separate thread on how to ship camera back to China..

I lost my C1 because I labelled "Camera"....

you know what...there should be a separate thread on how to ship camera back to China..

Oh man.
I did the same thing.
Should have labeled 'Car DVR' or something similar.
Crap!
Should have researched before mailing.

it's not straightforward unfortunately, there are too many variables as well, a lot of these people that are selling can't even take returns so they'll end up as a non delivery and the customer is the one that loses out

it's not straightforward unfortunately, there are too many variables as well, a lot of these people that are selling can't even take returns so they'll end up as a non delivery and the customer is the one that loses out
So USPS takes mail even though the address is to China and content is a camera.
That makes no sense. USPS mails it fine knowingly that China doesn't allow it???
They should have told me that when mailing it.

Can someone tell me how could it be that shipping from China is free, even for low cost items?

it's very cheap, but slow
So what is considered very cheap? Also, I wouldn't agree that it's necessarily slow. I ordered 100s of items from China over the years and they all shipped free but at various speeds, some get in a week and could take as long as a month.

Here is the profit calculation breakdown for a $0.99 item with free shipping from ebay... it's from web...

Adding all the selling costs, not including the cost of the actual product, we get 7 cents eBay fee (eBay discounts high volume sellers), 10 cents from PayPal (Micropayments account offers 5% plus 5 cents/transaction), 3 cents for the envelope and 25 cents for postage at a total cost of 48 cents. Assuming the product can cost anywhere from 2 to 30 cents, the profit on a 99 cent item can range from 25 to 50 cents, or 25% to 50% net profit. No bad for a single item.
Let’s assume the seller is selling 10,000 items a year. That’s an income of $2,500 to $5,000 per year. Increase the number of items offered, and that is quite a significant income.

$2.5-$5k is significant income in most Asian countries and the sellers sell many items so it adds up.

I can send a 1kg package from China to anywhere in the world for half what it costs me to send the same 5km in my own city

Back