Best place to buy 0806

I can send a 1kg package from China to anywhere in the world for half what it costs me to send the same 5km in my own city

Yes, postage fee around Australia is a bit of a rip-off. Same with a lot of items we have to pay here, like we are being screwed up the backside :(

The cost of doing business in Australia is horrendous, we have to sell things for twice the price to make half as much

it's not straightforward unfortunately, there are too many variables as well, a lot of these people that are selling can't even take returns so they'll end up as a non delivery and the customer is the one that loses out

Why can these people not take returns? Do they lack a PO box or physical address?

The cost of doing business in Australia is horrendous, we have to sell things for twice the price to make half as much

I think the cost of doing business is same over here in the UK, high, still remember the days when a Rover SDI car made only 80 miles from my home (in the 80's) cost more than twice the price if that same car was bought from a dealer in Europe, where for the same cost of the car in the UK one could of bought the Rover SDI car + a Rover Metro car and still get change if bought from Europe and brought it back to the UK

I would not suggest ordering from Joovuu.

They stuffed me around for a full week trying to sort out the advertised "free shipping" on the order. Ended up telling me I ordered "too much" (2 units) and they could not offer free shipping (?!?!). They made me pay EXTRA for shipping because I bought MORE from them!! During the extended time they took to actually sort out the invoice they sold out of the first batch so I have had to wait a month (still not shipped).

Then they offer to give a hardwire kit to the pre-orders. I ask for a hardwire kit for each of my cameras I ordered - NOPE. They will only give me 1, not for the second one I ordered. Looks like I ordered too many again. You would think a company would encourage people to purchase more not discourage them.

Cancelling the order with them and will go with someone else.
Well this has me worried now. I ordered from Joovuu, got an automated email about them being out of stock (fine, I understand). So I replied asking when they'll be back in stock, an ETA - got a fast reply containing a bit of a sob story about how DHL lost their shipment, blah blah blah, but didn't actually give me a straight answer about an ETA. I'd also asked about a free hardwiring kit, but that wasn't answer at all. I've replied to the ticket twice now, and no response from @JooVuu

Are you there? Can you reply please? It's reference 4TJ-TAY-6QQA (Ticket number: 446).

Thanks.

Valiante, I wouldn't worry buying from JooVuu, his/their reputation has been well earned, sometimes things do go wrong, with any business you care to mention things sometimes don't go to plan, the fact something has/went wrong with a transaction with Joovuu does not mean thats how Joovuu do business, I will add, I have nothing to do with them in anyway you can think of what so ever, just my opinion after reading about them on here and their involvement on this forum YMMV

Fair enough.. doesn't explain why they've not answered my questions and subsequently stopped replying to me altogether though. Maybe they're all on holiday.

The 0806 sounds like a great dashcam, however it's out of my price range personally so I'd go for the 0805 or Mobius. I'd check out Foxoffer as they have a reputable reputation and they are currently closed for the Chinese New Year for a little over 2 weeks.

Just to follow up, JooVuu has now responded to my ticket. ETA is next week or sooner, depending whether the missing shipment turns up. And they'll take the hardwiring kit under consideration, but I'm not overly fussed on that - I just want to get my hands on the product.

Now this is what I consider professionalism. Will be getting my 0806 on Saturday the 14th, from late Wednesday night ordering. Coming via USPS.
Spytec has nice feedback as a retailer so you are in good hands.

It all depends upon how soon you want.
If you want to save some $$ and don't mind waiting couple of weeks, Gearbest and other Chinese retailers are perfectly fine.
If you want the item quick, no Chinese retailer can beat shipping time compared to a US retailer shipping within US so professionalism is not only based on shipping time alone.

I've received few dashcams within 4 days originating from Singapore via Hongkong via Cali and then to Denver with expedited shipping.
Free shipping will be slower but you can't expect same item $25 cheaper from China to deliver in two days unless you send them in a F35 but that'll increase the price quite a bit. :D

With JooVuu it doesn't sound like the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. Just my opinion.
Okay, with your experience with seller, you are correct.
Honesty is the best policy!

I was just commenting on shipping time comparison.

Interesting 'calculation' but methinks the 'Margin' - 'Net Profit' and 'Gross profit' are somewhat mixed up a little.

Hi: After seeing your comment leyton I posted my situation here with JooVuu , I think it was on Wednesday, 2/10, then a little later I felt guilty about complaining and deleted my message, figured I'd give them some more time yet. But I did explain my situation to PayPal with JooVuu and they informed me that they would contact the seller and get back to me within 7 days, it only took them one day to decide in my favor. Anyhow that night Wednesday I ordered the mini 0806 from spytec like someone here suggested, that was late Wednesday night. Here is my situation with them now.

"Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • Priority Mail 2-Day™
Features:
Date & Time
Status of Item
February 12, 2015 , 8:43 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 on February 12, 2015 at 8:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

February 12, 2015 , 7:28 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

NEW YORK, NY 10018 "

Now this is what I consider professionalism. Will be getting my 0806 on Saturday the 14th, from late Wednesday night ordering. Coming via USPS.

Retired Guy,
I just received my Mini 0806 from Spytec a few days ago. It's the first Gen and I 'm currently in the process of returning it since the GPS and Charging from the Base do not function. There are a few other weird things with the buttons and I was not thrilled with the HDMI output to TV. I was having some issues with really bad graininess and the inability to see menus. It's not the HDMI adapter (accessory for purchase) that is being sold separately for the camera but a std HDMI cable that I use for some other cams. So it's possible the cable may be proprietary. Don't know yet but seeing that I was having all sorts of other problems, It's best that I just return it for a refund.

So far, I still have not received an RMA but I was delayed in sending the required info to them before Friday night. They do have some restrictions on returns but since the unit is defective, I don't expect there to be any issues...but we'll see. I have done business with them in the past. Received orders within days and never had problems but I never had to return anything either. Hopefully they are now fully aware that this current batch they are selling may have several defective units and they quickly get the second generation back in stock. I'll wait until they can confirm this or maybe even a bit longer to see if the second batch has issues as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Retired Guy,
I just received my Mini 0806 from Spytec a few days ago. It's the first Gen and I 'm currently in the process of returning it since the GPS and Charging from the Base do not function. There are a few other weird things with the buttons and I was not thrilled with the HDMI output to TV. I was having some issues with really bad graininess and the inability to see menus. It's not the HDMI adapter (accessory for purchase) that is being sold separately for the camera but a std HDMI cable that I use for some other cams. So it's possible the cable may be proprietary. Don't know yet but seeing that I was having all sorts of other problems, It's best that I just return it for a refund.

So far, I still have not received an RMA but I was delayed in sending the required info to them before Friday night. They do have some restrictions on returns but since the unit is defective, I don't expect there to be any issues...but we'll see. I have done business with them in the past. Received orders within days and never had problems but I never had to return anything either. Hopefully they are now fully aware that this current batch they are selling may have several defective units and they quickly get the second generation back in stock. I'll wait until they can confirm this or maybe even a bit longer to see if the second batch has issues as well!

Hi SLK Driver I'm new to this game , so if my questions seem ignorant, it's because I'm ignorant on all of this stuff. When I was ordering my mini 0806 from spytec , because of all the conversation I was seeing on first batch, second batch I specifically asked the person that popped up onscreen when I was looking at the camera and asked me if I needed any questions answered, so I asked the person if the cameras they were now selling were from the first batch , or the new second batch, because I heard there were problems with the first batch, It took a little while for the answer but I was informed this was from the newer second batch "I believe". Anyhow how do you verify first batch, second batch ? I got mine yesterday, Saturday, and so far all I've been doing is reading, and rereading the instruction booklet, trying to familiarize myself with everything. Does this camera have 4GB memory already installed ? That's what it looks like according to the booklet. I already received two 32 GB cards that I ordered. I ordered the model without the GPS, mainly because of the people I see complaining it was causing problems. But the camera I received says GPS logger on the outside of the box in the list of things. So I'm not sure of what I have, GPS or not ? Up until I looked it up last night I didn't even know exactly what formatting meant...haha. Now I have an idea. Another question I have is, is there a way of charging the battery without it being hooked up to the cigarette lighter in the car ? Because I was thinking won't the internal battery go dead by the time I scan through all the stuff, and format the new micro cards ? And what is this RMA you speak of ?

Another question I have is, is there a way of charging the battery without it being hooked up to the cigarette lighter in the car ? Because I was thinking won't the internal battery go dead by the time I scan through all the stuff, and format the new micro cards ?
You can plug it into your computer to charge the batteries although you can't then use the menus, or better still your phone charger if it has the right plug as you can then use the menus, or a USB powerbank if you have one.

You can plug it into your computer to charge the batteries although you can't then use the menus, or better still your phone charger if it has the right plug as you can then use the menus, or a USB powerbank if you have one.

Thanks Nigel. How do I plug it into the computer ? And my wife isn't here right now, so I have to wait to see what her phone charger looks like because I don't know where she has it. A USB powerbank , is that something I can buy at Best Buy or Radio Shack or someplace like that ? Or maybe you don't have those particular places in the United kingdom ? Thanks again, you're pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks Nigel. How do I plug it into the computer ? And my wife isn't here right now, so I have to wait to see what her phone charger looks like because I don't know where she has it. A USB powerbank , is that something I can buy at Best Buy or Radio Shack or someplace like that ? Or maybe you don't have those particular places in the United kingdom ? Thanks again, you're pointing me in the right direction.

I forgot to ask, so in other words if I have the camera charging in an outside source I can do the formatting etc. while it's charging on the outside source ? I see you said not if the outside source is the computer.

I forgot to ask, so in other words if I have the camera charging in an outside source I can do the formatting etc. while it's charging on the outside source ? I see you said not if the outside source is the computer.
Correct, if you plug it into the computer using the supplied cable then it will act as a disk drive, or two disk drives if you have both SD card slots filled and you wont be able to use the menus. Any other USB power source will probably charge it and allow you to use the menus or record at the same time.

If you don't know what a USB powerbank is then don't worry, it's just a battery with a USB socket!

Back