BlackVue Downloader [Latest http://www.gizmocoding.com]

Not sure where you get your coffee -> CAD $8.49 but your getting ripped off. Sorry bro I don't like this, and why not support windows 7, boooo (n)

Did this project ever take a turn for the worse!!!. People can't even preview the software, till this changes I'm out. Went from passion to greed.

for ppl that still want windows 7 and latest free version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/9f3y6joip8730nk/BlackVueDownloader_v3.0.0.5.zip
I see all the changes as positive - the app has gone through an extensive rewrite to fix some of the issues and add new features. The store enables easy updating and distribution. Why shouldn't Glenn make a little money to cover his time and significant effort? You don't have to use it, you have options - you can use the blackview software, use any of the other free options that do the same thing (wait, there aren't many people that have done this for free...), or write some software yourself. Indeed, there is nothing stopping you continuing to use the software you already downloaded that Glenn gratiuosly provided to you for free.

I only see greed by one person, and I think you are being a little unfair to be honest! Equally, I don't suppose Glenn is that worried you are 'out'. For the record, I am 'in' and I'm happy to reward Glenn with a couple of coffees for his efforts. Works well so far in my very limited testing today, Glenn - thank you for your efforts [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I see all the changes as positive - the app has gone through an extensive rewrite to fix some of the issues and add new features. The store enables easy updating and distribution. Why shouldn't Glenn make a little money to cover his time and significant effort? You don't have to use it, you have options - you can use the blackview software, use any of the other free options that do the same thing (wait, there aren't many people that have done this for free...), or write some software yourself. Indeed, there is nothing stopping you continuing to use the software you already downloaded that Glenn gratiuosly provided to you for free.
I only see greed by one person, and I think you are being a little unfair to be honest! Equally, I don't suppose Glenn is that worried you are 'out'. For the record, I am 'in' and I'm happy to reward Glenn with a couple of coffees for his efforts. Works well so far in my very limited testing today, Glenn - thank you for your efforts [emoji106]

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind support.

Often I find in these cases no reply is the best policy (which it probably still is!), I suppose I could mention the relative cost (x2 coffees given your currency then!) compared to Dashcam & Battery or Tesla/Car/Battery which seems common - but each to their own budget.

Personally I would be happy to pay ~$6 USD for a app that I used regularly and kept running in the background, even if just to make 100% sure it is not a Crypto-currency miner downloaded from MediaFire... but again each to their own.

Windows store version; should have pushed version 4.0.2 last day or so, few minor things for 4.0.3 upcoming.

I was referred to this thread by someone replying to my thread here:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/odd-wifi-issue-when-downloading-videos-via-wget.41048/

I don't want to hijack this thread but since there was mention of DR750s dropping offline I thought some people might find my "solution" to be useful. Or perhaps someone will have a different real solution they could offer.

side note - nice looking program GlennNZ. I use a batch file and wget to download our videos. Nothing near as fancy or informative as this. Good job. :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

all changes positive you say!
-no windows 7 support
-can't try before you buy like most paid software authors include having a trial period
-no way to download other then the windows 10 store. There are many easy ways to keep links up to date.

That's very closed minded of you (n) and of all the comments i made the one criticized you focus on without actually thinking about the points I have made, typical millennial thinking.

This guy has a decent program -> https://github.com/morrisonbrett/BlackVueDownloader I might as well start using that again if this hows it's going to be here.
Also here's another one with a GUI -> https://www.autoblackbox.com.au/assets/public_files/downloads/RegistratorViewer_6.0.0.8.zip

Last edited:
Not sure where you get your coffee -> CAD $8.49 but your getting ripped off. Sorry bro I don't like this, and why not support windows 7, boooo (n)

Did this project ever take a turn for the worse!!!. People can't even preview the software, till this changes I'm out. Went from passion to greed.

for ppl that still want windows 7 and latest free version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/9f3y6joip8730nk/BlackVueDownloader_v3.0.0.5.zip
I kind of agree.. I can't think of a single place that would charge that much (CAD $8.49) for a coffee. The reason he can not support Windows 7 is that "apps' don't work in Windows 7.. But not all apps work in Windows 10 either and some would be hesitant to take a chance.. on the other hand $8.49 is not a whole lot of money.. and there has been considerable time spent to create this program.. and nothing is free.

I would have rather seen a crippled version posted that one could upgrade for CAD $8.49 if it worked as expected.

Just chiming in here - perhaps a limited free version so people can see how the program works? Maybe limit the number of videos per hour or day. Then the full version can be purchased from the app store.

blackvueTitle2.png

Hi all,

You will all be pleased to hear that I have fixed the biggest complaint by changing the reference of cost to x 2 coffees! :p

Personally if it doesn't suit, don't use it. The feedback I have had is that in fact should be more, as majority of users either have top-of-line cars/plus the required Dashcams or are businesses involved in fleet management. (obviously issues installing potentially dodgy software on business computers which is not ideal.)

But happy to take suggestions, and after some considerable work (probably far more than any return I'll get back) I have fought with Windows Stores API and believe I have sorted out a trial version - which is up now. (incorrectly reports hours of trials remaining; already fixed in next update).

Fully functional for 7 days, with some annoying overlays/store purchase button.

Future enhancements:
? Deletion options come to mind:
- Only delete certain files e.g keep Manual forever. (May cause space issues for rest, but could exclude these files from space calculation)
- Have a separate Deletion priority? , eg. delete parking first, followed by...

Last edited:
blackvueTitle2.png

New Version in the Store... finally there.....

Changelog:

Changes/Bug fixes for License checking/handling to hopefully avoid any License issues
(hopefully the last of issues for creating a Trial version....)
Logging changes
Few code changes
Add Never Delete types of files - selectable for each Camera
Essentially these files will be ignored in any space calculation (correct space used will still be reported), so if have hundreds of files space usage could blow out very quickly
Obviously if have never delete for all files enabled - will not be any deletion.
Bug fixes for conversion of old version to Never Deletion settings
Clear log hourly to minimise any UI slowdown
Optimise Notify Icon text messages
Fix for Trial Hours remaining (didn't affect the end of Trial - just cosmetic I'm afraid!)
Prelim work on Deletion options (only delete certain files on the top of TODO list)
Open Log Button returns for UWP Windows Store App

BlackvueGIFSmaller3.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 49677

New Version in the Store... finally there.....

Changelog:

Changes/Bug fixes for License checking/handling to hopefully avoid any License issues
(hopefully the last of issues for creating a Trial version....)
Logging changes
Few code changes
Add Never Delete types of files - selectable for each Camera
Essentially these files will be ignored in any space calculation (correct space used will still be reported), so if have hundreds of files space usage could blow out very quickly
Obviously if have never delete for all files enabled - will not be any deletion.
Bug fixes for conversion of old version to Never Deletion settings
Clear log hourly to minimise any UI slowdown
Optimise Notify Icon text messages
Fix for Trial Hours remaining (didn't affect the end of Trial - just cosmetic I'm afraid!)
Prelim work on Deletion options (only delete certain files on the top of TODO list)
Open Log Button returns for UWP Windows Store App

View attachment 49681

bugs found; using Win10_1903_(18362.30)_RETAIL and Win10_1809_(17763.107)_EntS_LTSC

-when clicking on camera details/information button shows something under neath it to the left.
-does not show the picture of dashcam model DR650S-2CH IR or DR650S
-IP field of dashcam box not aligned with dashcam info field, also different board thickness
- set "download time out" to only enable if no data is being transferred. eg; if it doesn't detect any bandwidth then start the count down the user enters, as it works now the count down starts even when downloading and if set too low cuts a good transfer off.
-add a button to stop a transfer under each camera, once started no way to stop it
- show the speed of the transfer
-after closing app takes more then normal time to close from the background.
-if download cuts off does not resume or retry, just skips

Question; Why not have a download link to the trial version that supports windows7? is it alot more work to support windows 7?

Last edited:
bugs found; using Win10_1903_(18362.30)_RETAIL and Win10_1809_(17763.107)_EntS_LTSC

-when clicking on camera details/information button shows something under neath it to the left.
-does not show the picture of dashcam model DR650S-2CH IR or DR650S
-IP field of dashcam box not aligned with dashcam info field, also different board thickness
- set "download time out" to only enable if no data is being transferred. eg; if it doesn't detect any bandwidth then start the count down the user enters, as it works now the count down starts even when downloading and if set too low cuts a good transfer off.
-add a button to stop a transfer under each camera, once started no way to stop it

Question; Why not have a download link to the trial version that supports windows7? is it alot more work to support windows 7?

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback, have updated some of the cosmetic things.
Have fixed the DR650S camera image (that was more of a bug)- but need model number of both to be sure
(will be in next version 4.1.0)

Can't for the life of me find the below:
But have moved the details page boxes by a couple of millimeters? Is that the one.
It is possible your display is different to mine... and will check DPI settings

The above features are pretty much by design.
Can't check bandwidth as downloads without interrupting and continuing transfer which isn't worth the risk in my mind.
Likewise speed of transfer - have to regularly stop check and then report, also wouldn't be accurate.
The total speed of most recent transfer is shown in the details page - this would always be the most accurate way to show speed.

The key focus of this app is to basically survive, disconnects, timeouts, long transfers, wifi issues and keep on going until next connection.
Basically it shouldn't ever crap out, and then not do anything until user intervention.
It ideally should run, untouched for months without issues. Those short of checks mid-files to my mind risk that without adding much more.

Happy to think about adding right click menu to disconnect camera? But why would you use it??

Was 5 seconds to close, deleting tmp files, stopping transfers and saving settings
Have shorten a bit, but really shouldn't need to stop/start.
&
Likewise if Download fails - most likely camera gone, and should make camera as disconnected/gone.

If you mean timeouts - does just skips to next, can look at this aspect of timeout - but you just need to adjust timeout upwards until only happens when camera gone and shouldn't be issue

Well basically UWP/Universal Windows Platform Apps can't run on Windows 7, only 8.1, Mobile, Xbox, and 10 and above.
Would need a completely new app/code base. Also no way to have trial/no trial without major code licensing buying some license to do registration etc.etc.
Sorry - but not worth the oodles of time.

Also pretty sure there is no computer running windows 7 that is not better with windows 10... but YMMV

Glenn

Last edited:
Also pretty sure there is no computer running windows 7 that is not better with windows 10... but YMMV
Glenn
Perhaps.. but upgrading all the software and hardware like printers is a cost some don't want to deal with. But kudos to your time and effort to put this "app" together and share it.

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback, have updated some of the cosmetic things.
Have fixed the DR650S camera image (that was more of a bug)- but need model number of both to be sure
(will be in next version 4.1.0)

Can't for the life of me find the below:

But have moved the details page boxes by a couple of millimeters? Is that the one.
It is possible your display is different to mine... and will check DPI settings

It's the IP box not aligning with the info box by a very small amount, my DPI is set to 125%

The above features are pretty much by design.
Can't check bandwidth as downloads without interrupting and continuing transfer which isn't worth the risk in my mind.
Likewise speed of transfer - have to regularly stop check and then report, also wouldn't be accurate.
The total speed of most recent transfer is shown in the details page - this would always be the most accurate way to show speed.

The key focus of this app is to basically survive, disconnects, timeouts, long transfers, wifi issues and keep on going until next connection.
Basically it shouldn't ever crap out, and then not do anything until user intervention.
It ideally should run, untouched for months without issues. Those short of checks mid-files to my mind risk that without adding much more.

Happy to think about adding right click menu to disconnect camera? But why would you use it??

I think it would, better then having to shut down the entire program, have like a start and stop to control the entire program.

Was 5 seconds to close, deleting tmp files, stopping transfers and saving settings
Have shorten a bit, but really shouldn't need to stop/start.
&
Likewise if Download fails - most likely camera gone, and should make camera as disconnected/gone.

If you mean timeouts - does just skips to next, can look at this aspect of timeout - but you just need to adjust timeout upwards until only happens when camera gone and shouldn't be issue

Well basically UWP/Universal Windows Platform Apps can't run on Windows 7, only 8.1, Mobile, Xbox, and 10 and above.
Would need a completely new app/code base. Also no way to have trial/no trial without major code licensing buying some license to do registration etc.etc.
Sorry - but not worth the oodles of time.

Glenn

also noticed the X is different colour and size between windows

Last edited:
blackvueTitle2.png

Preview:

Version 4.1.8 & Above

4.1.8.GPS.png

Notable additions:
- Processing GPS files for speed data (displays on camera tab) .
- & once downloaded files complete generates kml Google Earth file
(currently showing path data, time data, and speed data for every point)
These are saved in a Tracks directory, next to the Record directory, saved for all gps info for that day e.g 21-11.19.kml
Essentially this takes up very little space, but saving this data for as long as wanted.

GoogleEarth1Track1.png

In google Earth can open this file - and display speed of trip.
& have excellent overview of path taken and speed of travel.

Changes mostly done... just fine tuning...

GoogleEarth1Track2.png

Check out some animated examples of new features:

At Blackvue Downloader's New Website:
Here:
http://www.gizmocoding.com/

Cheers

Glenn

Last edited:
Glenn,
I have a minor problem in that the Time Last Connected and Time Last Downloaded are returning what seems to be a default date of Jan 1 xxxx. (MS Store not yet updating to V4.2.0 yet.) So you suspect this is a PC security setting issue?

Glenn,
I have a minor problem in that the Time Last Connected and Time Last Downloaded are returning what seems to be a default date of Jan 1 xxxx. (MS Store not yet updating to V4.2.0 yet.) So you suspect this is a PC security setting issue?

Hi Jeff

Glad you sorted out the IP address!

That does seem odd - that is the default date until the camera is either connected or downloading and then should update with each file.

Is it downloading okay but these aren’t updating?
Check you haven’t got a few cameras/tabs and are looking at wrong one?
Could be some weird regional datetime differences; but that would be unusual.

4.2.0 doesn’t touch this.

Have looked at the code and pretty simple for this to fail - I would presume that you are not connecting/downloading???

If downloading and not updating date - could you PM me a debug log when connected and downloading either here or on the BVD forum (BVD forum) http://www.gizmocoding.com/forum/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This problem has resolved. Connected and Download times now showing correctly. It is possible I had an install issue as MS Store was telling me to install on my device after the downloader was installed. So I did that and we are operational with no issue.. Let me know if you still want the log file. So far, I cannot find a log file. Thank you!

Edit, I am not able to display the enable logging box as I am using a 3000 x 2000 dpi screen. I can't re-size or scroll to the bottom.

Last edited:
This problem has resolved. Connected and Download times now showing correctly. It is possible I had an install issue as MS Store was telling me to install on my device after the downloader was installed. So I did that and we are operational with no issue.. Let me know if you still want the log file. So far, I cannot find a log file. Thank you!

Edit, I am not able to display the enable logging box as I am using a 3000 x 2000 dpi screen. I can't re-size or scroll to the bottom.

Thanks - good to know resolved.

Thanks for the DPI screen advice - set your monitor to dpi 100% and will fix the size.

I’ll have a look at the annoying DPI code stuff - for next version - but no promises because it is very annoying windows code.

Glenn

still shows 4.0.9 in the windows store when downloaded, has the new version 4.2.0 been deployed yet?

still shows 4.0.9 in the windows store when downloaded, has the new version 4.2.0 been deployed yet?

Yep
Still ‘in certification’ ‘may take up to 3 business days...’

Edit:
There now.

Glenn

Last edited:
Back