BlackVue Downloader [Latest http://www.gizmocoding.com]

This was a good program. Shame you had to hide it in windows store where it can't be accessed. The fee isn't that bad, just the distribution method which prevents it from being used by many people.

View attachment 49654

Hi all,

You will all be pleased to hear that I have fixed the biggest complaint by changing the reference of cost to x 2 coffees! :p

Personally if it doesn't suit, don't use it. The feedback I have had is that in fact should be more, as majority of users either have top-of-line cars/plus the required Dashcams or are businesses involved in fleet management. (obviously issues installing potentially dodgy software on business computers which is not ideal.)

But happy to take suggestions, and after some considerable work (probably far more than any return I'll get back) I have fought with Windows Stores API and believe I have sorted out a trial version - which is up now. (incorrectly reports hours of trials remaining; already fixed in next update).

Fully functional for 7 days, with some annoying overlays/store purchase button.

Future enhancements:
? Deletion options come to mind:
- Only delete certain files e.g keep Manual forever. (May cause space issues for rest, but could exclude these files from space calculation)
- Have a separate Deletion priority? , eg. delete parking first, followed by...

@GlennNZ

hey why did you remove the free trial for 7 days? my buddy wanted to try it and that option is gone now, can you enable this again

@GlennNZ

hey why did you remove the free trial for 7 days? my buddy wanted to try it and that option is gone now, can you enable this again

Wasn’t removed by me, should be still there, will check maybe some store issue...

Yep - seems to be store ended trial 31/12 - have re-enabled, but needs new store submission to stick, which is back to 1-3 days.

New version will be coming soon.... few bug fixes/updates/renaming/logging changes..

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
still no trial option available?, it's been a week now.

and when will the new version be posted?

still no trial option available?, it's been a week now.

and when will the new version be posted?

Mate, it was posted on 9th January (new version/plus trial re-enabling)- submission still waiting ‘in certification’ store, 3 ‘business days’ surely can’t be much longer..

Update:
Rejected overnight my time as privacy policy URL not valid. Hasn’t changed ... ever .... also comment that needs in-app link to privacy policy in a settings screen, although store policy says ‘In addition, you may also include or link to your privacy policy in the product. ‘
The may - to me means optional.... has questioned this and re-submitted, back to waiting.....

Glenn

Last edited:
Ok - well that was painful - finally released in store and trial should be back...
Changelog below

Hopefully all good - as this release review delay cycle is painful.

Glenn

Add privacy policy button (ugly - will be updated)
Less debug logging/remove duplicate statements.
Fix Trial Versions annoying Trial label placements..
Bug fix if priority1-4 settings ends up null somehow.
Bug fix for deleting _tmp files (was doing on only restarting App). Will now check every 12 hours, and delete immediately after failing download.
(technically the 12 hour check probably not needed)
Manage & Rotate log files if debug logging left on.. Max size of logs now 25MBs
Rename tracking files - including Dashcam Name (minus illegal filename characters) for those using single folder, and rename date to date windows explorer sortable
(using format DashcamName-YYYY-MM-DD.kmz, this is date sorted with Windows Explorer)
Deal with user set timeouts and disconnects differently, timeout will try next file, disconnect will stop all and make camera as gone until next recheck
Remove error message from startup code
Add Exception handling to 2 download handlers in case of very rare events.

ANY NEW UPDATES? (yelling) ......
jasonAz

Hi Mate,

Shows some 4.3.7 updates, which are listed in that linked forum

Add About screen - press ? in Main Screen, move Buttons, Open Log, Help etc, Run at Startup and Enable Debug Logging. to here
Bug fix for Windows startup - remove unneeded Win32 code
Spelling fix - missed that one
Less Info about files downloading successfully
Skips 404 Error/File not longer exists without disconnecting camera
Add Debug logging for File downloading aborting
Edit About box
Reduce Debug Logging

Few minor things coming, mainly dealing with SD Card file reading errors (one report of). Basically SD card error and file can't be read.

But what is left to do?
Feature Requests?

Glenn

I'm excited for this software, it was a huge reason why I just bought the 900s. Install the 900s tomorrow and BVD about 10mins after ;)

I'm excited for this software, it was a huge reason why I just bought the 900s. Install the 900s tomorrow and BVD about 10mins after ;)

-what canadian store did you buy this from, and how much before tax?
-did you use the ODB or tap-a-fuse for the hard wire, or the "temp wire" chicken way by using the power outlet on that CRV?

New Versions updated info, pictures here:

Changelog

4.5.0 (Pending in store currently)
Change settings file location - hopefully more Windows 10 future proof..
Add Backup/Restore Settings Option from About Window
Fix for DR750-S 2 channel camera image not appearing
Add EnableCamDebug advanced option for troubleshooting/easier Development
Clean up/Minimise long term memory usage.
Add 'progress Bar Dot' Becomes Green and stays green for 24 hours after 'Completed Downloading' all-files
(Gives an easy way to double check recent connection/everything completed)
Some cosmetic changes in Progress Bar info

Add better messaging if drive fills up/runs out of space.
Change to logging recording DateTime in Log
Catch Dashcam Error 500 -- seems to mean file error, will now skip single file, rather than make Dashcam as gone
Update to dependencies
Change to logging, saving/file given Windows updates, manually BVD now rotates log file
Separate Unhandled Exception logs in the Log file directory
Saving Settings file every 12 hours.
Better handling of unhandled errors, particularly in UWP environment
Change to Open Log button - open Directory

4.5.0.MainScreen.png

newAbout.png

BVD4.4.0.gif

I just bought your blackvue downloader today. After a week of trial i found the downloader a very useful which saves me alot off time taking out the sd-card and makes it easier to backup my files and have liveview trough my computer. things which i think the origional blackvue software somewhat lacked trough the cloud.
Im glad you kepts the price reasonable at €6,59,- . this way i have given you abit of a reward for the time and effort you put into making this program and keeping it updated.

hey man any version passed 4.3.7 I'm unable to run it? nothing happens, but 4.3.7 works fine! what requirement did you implement in the exe?

poor guy must have fallen to covid-19, :ROFLMAO::LOL:, no reply

If you click on a member's username on the left side of their post, you'll get their profile page which in this case shows that they are still here today. AFAIK we haven't lost any active members to this disease yet, and I hope that we don't. But with most of us driving much less or not at all, the forum activity has slowed down considerably and a longer time should be allowed for responses.

Phil

hey man any version passed 4.3.7 I'm unable to run it? nothing happens, but 4.3.7 works fine! what requirement did you implement in the exe?
poor guy must have fallen to covid-19, :ROFLMAO::LOL:, no reply

Yeah still around, more 2FA authentication tapatalk issues with this forum than anything else slowing down reply, but thanks for your concern.
(probably why listed me as active)
Regarding your issue, I’ve had a look and have updated some code to 4.6.1 just running in 48/72 hours of
downloading checking now, at the very least will give you a nice message.

Welcome to post log if wished.

I'm running version 4.6.2 of the app and find that my cameras are lost after a windows reboot. The app catches an exception with a message about upgrading data and an object ref not being set to an instance of an object.

I tried deleted the settings.json file and after restarting it seems to be all fine. It even restored the camera settings that I'd configured previously.

The settings.json that I deleted was 5K in size but there was nothing readable in there. Tried viewing it in several apps on both a PC and a Mac and it appeared to be empty.

All good now.

Back