Blueskysea B1W dashcam

I found that when
Has anyone had playback from the app in iOS have a weird slow framerate?

I just installed this camera yesterday and all works well except when I play videos back from the camera. The framerate is fine at first then slows and is kind of jumpy.

I found, when streaming, using the camers WIFI it's a bit jumpy, but downloading the file to the phone smoothed it right up......I expect it's because the WIFI isn't the fastest....

i had that issue with a sandisk ultra card. maybe the read speed is too slow. once i got a proper card it was faster

i had that issue with a sandisk ultra card. maybe the read speed is too slow. once i got a proper card it was faster
Yes, that is true, High Endurance card is much fast than Ultra card! and B1W does not compress it to be smaller 480 or 240p video, so it will take more time to preview than other WiFi Xiaoyi camera modules.

Sorry. Wrong question. I confused this camera with another dual camera.

Last edited:
I like the features of this camera for the price and I really like the support from the seller estore009 and the suggestions that have actually been taken back to engineers for improvements.

Great work.

And because of this I made a quick little CPL filter attachment that can be 3d printed. Just borrows the cpl filter from the a119 series ($14). Should hold you guys over until an official one is for sale.

I haven't tested it in 100 degree weather to make sure it doesn't warp but tomorrow will be 90 degrees, so i'll report if there is issues.

Here is a sneak peak.

Will post file tomorrow if all goes well ;)

Attachments

• 2018-05-23 22.32.39.jpg
    2018-05-23 22.32.39.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 66
I like the features of this camera for the price and I really like the support from the seller estore009 and the suggestions that have actually been taken back to engineers for improvements.

Great work.

And because of this I made a quick little CPL filter attachment that can be 3d printed. Just borrows the cpl filter from the a119 series ($14). Should hold you guys over until an official one is for sale.

I haven't tested it in 100 degree weather to make sure it doesn't warp but tomorrow will be 90 degrees, so i'll report if there is issues.

Here is a sneak peak.

Will post file tomorrow if all goes well ;)

Wow!
This is exactly what this camera is missing. Let us know how it went!
Can you share the design files?

Thanks!

I moved my B1W to my new car and encountered a lot of reflection issues. @blake your 3D printed mount looks like a very elegant solution, but I can't source the filter lens locally and don't have handy access to a printer. So I found this similarly sized CPL filter (here in Taiwan, not from Poland) and used some Sugru to mount it. Will check the results after tomorrow's morning commute, but I think it should do the job.

The lens holder causes too much vignetting so I popped the lens out. I checked the orientation and marked 12 o'clock with a felt pen first (you can just barely make out the mark).
MiVue CPL.jpg
The lens sits flat against the bezel surrounding the camera lens, and the Sugru holds it in place.
B1W Sugru.jpg

I moved my B1W to my new car and encountered a lot of reflection issues. @blake your 3D printed mount looks like a very elegant solution, but I can't source the filter lens locally and don't have handy access to a printer. So I found this similarly sized CPL filter (here in Taiwan, not from Poland) and used some Sugru to mount it. Will check the results after tomorrow's morning commute, but I think it should do the job.

The lens holder causes too much vignetting so I popped the lens out. I checked the orientation and marked 12 o'clock with a felt pen first (you can just barely make out the mark).
View attachment 38502
The lens sits flat against the bezel surrounding the camera lens, and the Sugru holds it in place.
View attachment 38503

COOL MOD!!

I've been using SUGRU for helm mounts, refasten handles on pots and pans, it's great stuff, and you can moldform it with your fingers.... let it rest for 24 hours and you're good to go.

Not really cheap though...

View attachment 38502
View attachment 38503

Any clips / results comparison w/o the filter?

View attachment 38502

View attachment 38503
But doesn't that make the filter holder a permanent, unable to remove, part of the camera?

But doesn't that make the filter holder a permanent, unable to remove, part of the camera?

It would to a degree, though Sugra can be removed easily enough.

First time I've used Sugru, but I think it's soft enough that you can remove it like silicone caulking.

Here's a video from before the filter was installed:

And a short clip from after:

The dealer had someone install the power cable for the B1W, and I just checked it today to discover that they didn't use a piggy-back fuse and just jammed a wire into an unused fuse slot.

Does anyone know if there's a fuse in the cigarette lighter socket connector part of the cable? They zip-tied mine in so I can't get at it to check.

First time I've used Sugru, but I think it's soft enough that you can remove it like silicone caulking.

Here's a video from before the filter was installed:

And a short clip from after:
The dashboard reflections have mostly gone, but there is some odd purple banding down the left side of the video.

The dashboard reflections have mostly gone, but there is some odd purple banding down the left side of the video.
By "purple banding" do you mean the the vertical strokes in the sky in the left 1/3 of the screen? My windscreen is tinted so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm happy as long as the picture is reasonably clear and I can make out license plates.

Yes, those vertical strokes, which continue down to the road too. The passing black car appears to have a holographic paint finish. It may be an optical effect caused by your tint and the CPL depending on the angle of the sun.

Great improvement in getting rid of the dash reflections. Thanks for posting that before and after video Gixxer... Polarized lenses can provide some interesting effects from different surfaces. Put on some polarized sunglasses and look at your cell phone some time. o_O I have noticed that via polarized sunglasses you notice a good ability to see what is going in other vehicles with dark tinted windows that you normally can't due to reflections. Perhaps of benefit in seeing who was behind the wheel of other vehicles with a dashcam as well

Back